Join AppleInsider for live coverage of Apple's March 25 'its show time' special event

Posted:
in General Discussion edited March 2019
Apple is set to launch its streaming video and updated news service at a special event in the Steve Jobs Theater in Apple Park at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern on Monday. AppleInsider's Daniel Eran Dilger will be there -- join us for exclusive in-depth coverage and analysis direct from the event.

Apple's March 25 event is expected to showcase its new streaming video service
Apple's March 25 event is expected to showcase its new streaming video service


It's Apple's first media event of the year and AppleInsider's Daniel Eran Dilger is at the Steve Jobs Theater in Apple Park for. Join him and all the AppleInsider team for breaking news and in-depth analysis of what promises to be a huge event. This is when Apple is going to reveal its streaming video service and it's expected the company will also detail its updated news subscription package too.

Follow the event live on AppleInsider by signing up to our free Live Blog and get notified when it all kicks off.





Following the event, join AppleInsider editors Andrew O'Hara and Mike Wuerthele for a live discussion of the day's events on YouTube.

The latest from Apple

It's show time. Tune in March 25th at 10 a.m. PT to watch our #AppleEvent live on Twitter.

Tap below to get updates from @Apple pic.twitter.com/b6qno83rqS

-- Apple (@Apple)


How to watch the live stream of Apple's March 25 event

For a time before the official start date, Apple streamed what purported to be a live view of the empty Steve Jobs Theater. It showed Apple Maps being used to navigate someone driving to the Theater. Since it ended at 6:45 a.m. PT, the stream has stopped.

Stay abreast of Apple's announcements by downloading the AppleInsider app for iOS, and follow us on YouTube, Twitter @appleinsider and Facebook for live, late-breaking coverage. You can also check out our official Instagram account for exclusive photos from the event.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 14
    Probably unlikely but I would really like a new Apple device for watching all of this new TV content at home. Time for an Apple smart TV to hang on the wall with built in upgraded Apple TV with apps, games, FaceTime etc? 
  • Reply 2 of 14
    macapfelmacapfel Posts: 562member
    I hope this is not only about shows. Apple is about innovation. Bring on innovation. Show time for that!
  • Reply 3 of 14
    rob53rob53 Posts: 2,638member
    Probably unlikely but I would really like a new Apple device for watching all of this new TV content at home. Time for an Apple smart TV to hang on the wall with built in upgraded Apple TV with apps, games, FaceTime etc? 
    I've been asking for an old fashion "dumb" TV for a long time. To get a new TV without any of the extra garbage (especially android TV) costs many times what they do with all the garbage. We already have everything we need in the Apple TV (yes, upgrade that box), we just need a nice 4K monitor at a reasonable price. Hang the Apple TV wherever you want but stop forcing customers to treat a "display" as a computer, having to update it and worry about it being used as a monitoring device. Allow Apple to lock down the Apple TV as much as the customer needs to protect our privacy (yes to others, there are some people who care about this especially when you start talking about streaming FaceTime through your TV). We don't need all the bells and whistles in a device (the TV) that really doesn't require it. Yes, Apple sells the best all-in-one computer but we're not talking about a computer when we're talking about a TV (even though it, like everything else, uses a computer).
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Apple Events on Apple TV App not working? 
  • Reply 5 of 14
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Probably unlikely but I would really like a new Apple device for watching all of this new TV content at home. Time for an Apple smart TV to hang on the wall with built in upgraded Apple TV with apps, games, FaceTime etc? 
    It does seem like Apple is missing a big opportunity here.   It isn't just streaming of TV shows but video gaming and the local storage to support in in an Apple  TV like device could be a huge winner.

    For some anyways, I cut the cable/internet/phone cord a log time ago.   So streaming isn't even a consideration, if it doesn't come over the air or via DVD it doesn't make it to my house.   The biggest problem with these so called services is the continuous drain on money.   Such services might be worthwhile in retirement but even then watching TV 24/7 is not my idea of a productive retirement.   It is really hard for me to grasp why people are so into these services, is vegetating through most of your life a new thing???

    So yeah I can see potential here for Apple but I'm not exactly the type of customer that really cares what Apple does here.    Frankly I'd like to see Apple get back into education and the hobby market in a meaningful way.   By that I mean a little ARM based board to compete with Raspberry PI and similar boards aimed at education and the hobby market.   I wouldn't expect an Apple solution to be cheap but lets say something in the $75 - $100 range, with an A12, 2-4 GB or RAM and enough local storage to run Mac OS or Linux.
    edited March 2019
  • Reply 6 of 14
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    rob53 said:
    Probably unlikely but I would really like a new Apple device for watching all of this new TV content at home. Time for an Apple smart TV to hang on the wall with built in upgraded Apple TV with apps, games, FaceTime etc? 
    I've been asking for an old fashion "dumb" TV for a long time. To get a new TV without any of the extra garbage (especially android TV) costs many times what they do with all the garbage. We already have everything we need in the Apple TV (yes, upgrade that box), we just need a nice 4K monitor at a reasonable price. Hang the Apple TV wherever you want but stop forcing customers to treat a "display" as a computer, having to update it and worry about it being used as a monitoring device. Allow Apple to lock down the Apple TV as much as the customer needs to protect our privacy (yes to others, there are some people who care about this especially when you start talking about streaming FaceTime through your TV). We don't need all the bells and whistles in a device (the TV) that really doesn't require it. Yes, Apple sells the best all-in-one computer but we're not talking about a computer when we're talking about a TV (even though it, like everything else, uses a computer).
    I suspect that Apple gave up on selling monitors due to well not selling enough to actually justify development.   This is mostly due to Apple selling monitors that really cost far more than they where worth.   I'm not even talking pro usage here but in this day and age it is pretty stupid to sell a monitor of any type that can't easily switch between a number of inputs.   That includes what might be consider legacy HDMI inputs along with the higher performance connections Apple and frankly PC's need these days.

    To put it another way I don't toss out every piece of video equipment I have the minute a new port or other standard emerges.   Apple seems to have a big problem grasping this across all of their product lines thus the stupidity of USB-C only laptops.   Even is I got lucky and won one of those half billion lottery jackpots I'd still want to be able to access media that is in a form that I can currently own.   This mainly because who wants to sit around transcoding old stuff to digital form.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    dsddsd Posts: 186member
    wizard69 said:   Even is I got lucky and won one of those half billion lottery jackpots I'd still want to be able to access media that is in a form that I can currently own.   This mainly because who wants to sit around transcoding old stuff to digital form.
    I'm sure you could find a lot of people willing to do it for a price you could afford to pay even after taxes.  :)
    edited March 2019
  • Reply 8 of 14
    JosephAU said:
    Apple Events on Apple TV App not working? 
    Delete and reinstall 
  • Reply 9 of 14
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 2,632member
    AI's live blog not loading.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,227member
    JosephAU said:
    Apple Events on Apple TV App not working? 
    Delete and reinstall 

    Not working for me,  blank screen.  LOL good start
  • Reply 11 of 14
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 824member
    Wow, that breakfast buffet looks awfully beige.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 11,565member
    wizard69 said:
    rob53 said:
    Probably unlikely but I would really like a new Apple device for watching all of this new TV content at home. Time for an Apple smart TV to hang on the wall with built in upgraded Apple TV with apps, games, FaceTime etc? 
    I've been asking for an old fashion "dumb" TV for a long time. To get a new TV without any of the extra garbage (especially android TV) costs many times what they do with all the garbage. We already have everything we need in the Apple TV (yes, upgrade that box), we just need a nice 4K monitor at a reasonable price. Hang the Apple TV wherever you want but stop forcing customers to treat a "display" as a computer, having to update it and worry about it being used as a monitoring device. Allow Apple to lock down the Apple TV as much as the customer needs to protect our privacy (yes to others, there are some people who care about this especially when you start talking about streaming FaceTime through your TV). We don't need all the bells and whistles in a device (the TV) that really doesn't require it. Yes, Apple sells the best all-in-one computer but we're not talking about a computer when we're talking about a TV (even though it, like everything else, uses a computer).
    I suspect that Apple gave up on selling monitors due to well not selling enough to actually justify development.   This is mostly due to Apple selling monitors that really cost far more than they where worth. 
    Yeah except they didn't, they've already said they have a new monitor coming. 

    As for worth, the people I know disagree with you -- they loved the Cinema Display, despite its high price tag. People like Apple hardware and are willing to pay more than they will for run of the mill tech brands.
    fastasleep
  • Reply 13 of 14
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 1,712member
    One Hit: The AppleCard. I might be signing up by the end of the week.
    One Maybe: AppleArcade. Looks like a great thing, but it all depends on the price.
    One Fingers Crossed: They didn't say anything about improvements to iCloud. I was really hoping, but maybe that would have been too geeky for this event.
    Nothing else of interest.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 922member
    I saw an emphasis on consumption rather than creation.

    I suppose Apple is big enough to have sections focused on the creative side: Final Cut, Logic Pro, etc. and the consumer side.
    But the pro apps are buried under "Support" on Apple's home page. And there's no sign of the other Apple apps: Numbers, GarageBand, Keynote. (They're under Support->App Store.)
    Apple used to be VERY proud that people used their products to create things, and that was front & center in their branding. Now they've shifted to watching, listening, playing, & spending.

    I'm sure there's a lot more money to be made from the masses sitting on their butts consuming stuff, but I miss Jobs' focus on making tools to let people create amazing things.
Sign In or Register to comment.