Apple Card offers simplified and secure Goldman Sachs-backed credit card with daily reward...

Comments

• Reply 141 of 279
    65026502 Posts: 380member
    6502 said:
    ElJeffe said:
    6502 said:
    ElJeffe said:
    6502 said:
    ElJeffe said:
    Apple the most disruptive corporate force in entrenched business practices. They shook the Computer Industry to its core and changed the way people interacted with computers. They did this by changing the basic philosophy and premise of computing. They personalized it. Game Changer. They did it with music, how it was distributed, how it was carried, how it was consumed. Game Changer. Now they are bring that same disruptive force to the financial industry. Credit Cards have been pretty pedestrian for decades. They have been entirely industry (financial industry driven) as a result the ways they have tried to interact with their consumers have been more and more driven by their self interest with little concern for the consumer experience. AppleCard... Game Changer.

Does it break the mold for rewards? Nope. Does it break the mold for cost? Nope. Does it break the mold for all things reward driven Credit Card? Nope. It just thinks different and delivers a better consumer experience in delivering it. Apple just Apple-ized Consumer Credit. 10 years from now we will all look back and say "of course making it easier for Credit Approval should be this easy. Of course all of the things that AppleCard just delivered to consumer finance should have been implemented." Except Chase, Bank of America, Well Fargo, and a myriad of other Financial Industry Titans could have done it but didn't. They had to have the foundation of their business model moved beneath them by Apple.

Troll away with, how "Meh, my card does all that already. Big Deal! Why are Apple fanbois such tewls?", indifference. DOS command line users used to LOVE how easy it was to do things too. Now we all just do things differently. We all just do things differently, more intuitively, and simply, since Apple decided to innovate the processes.
    If you think the Apple Card is a game changer, you've set a very low bar.
    And your indifference to the shift will be looked at as part of the problem that Apple just solved for an industry it didn't NEED to be involved in. Apple doesn't make moves and involve itself in things if it doesn't feel like it can make a significant (read profitable) change in a significant way. This big dog doesn't get off the porch unless there is a need. You staring at the enormity of the dog and saying " psssshhht! I've seen bigger dogs" Misses the point a little. You pulling the curtain back and pointing to the Great Wizard, 5 minutes into the movie, misses the point a bit. It's all Meh bro, life isn't that complicated. Your indifference and nonchalantness isn't all that earth shattering, in fact Microsoft and IBM used to say "they only represent less than 3% of all computer users..." too. How is that indifference working out for them?
    So Apple is now a martyr for saving the credit card industry? My credit card is a next to nothing part of my life. I charge things on it, pay it off when due and don't think twice about it. This is not what made Apple great.
    LOL You sir are not the average consumer. Congrats on WINNING! Apple isn't a martyr. They won't die because of this. They will however, usher in a changed ecosystem that never existed before. They will usher in a new and easier way for the "average consumer" to interact with their finances. Bro clearly this isn't a big deal to you. However, your incredible money skillz aren't who this is for. This is for the average user. This is for the masses. This just took your "I'm winning at life cuz I can finance..." and made it easier for the average user to win. GAME CHANGER. Your once venerable DOS Command Line user skillz have just been fossilized. Welcome to irrelevance. 
    So it's for people who buy stuff they don't need, with money they don't have to impress people they don't like (to quote Dave Ramsey). In other words, imbeciles.
    The worst kind of imbecile is one who does not understand the opportunity cost of using one’s capital.

When someone says “I never take on debt,” they simply have no clue how they could have invested their capital to earn a higher rate of return, and therefore how, by avoiding debt, they’re incurring an opportunity cost. 

I recommend some Econ 101. 
    And you're forgetting about risk. Why doesn't everyone remortgage their paid off house and invest the money? I recommend some high school econ.
    Carnage
  • Reply 142 of 279
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,123member
    ElCapitan said:
    They might as well have launched an Apple Cart. It would be equally unavailable and useless for the majority of Apple users. 

Is this a local US event? 
    What does this even mean?  
  • Reply 143 of 279
    larz2112larz2112 Posts: 291member
    6502 said:
    larz2112 said:

6502 said:
    wizard69 said:
    Soli said:
    hmlongco said:
    Standard isn’t always best when many cards have better rewards than 2%. Also, my standard purchases are extremely low compared to other categories. There’s practically nowhere that I purchase things that I can’t get at least 3% back and up to 5% on most things. 

Depends on how one defines "best", doesn't it? The Amazon Prime Store Card, for example, gives you 5% back... with a 28.24% annual APR.

Apple committed to a low (albeit unspecified) APR, with no fees, no late charges, and no penalties. Not to mention the not-so-minor fact that you get your rewards back daily as Apple Cash. Not at the end of the month, not when you redeem them. Daily.

Then there's the secure unique randomized card number per transaction. No number or signature to steal on the physical card. No tracking of purchases. No sales of transaction data.

I don't know about you, but there's a ton of value in privacy and security.
    Fees and APRs don’t matter if you pay your balance in full. 
    You realize that being able to pay off your cards every month isn’t the norm, right?
    If you think the “norm” is being stupid then we have a problem.  By the way I learned this the hardway and have drastically changed my use of a credit card.    At this point I try to keep all card purchases beyond an emergency  at a level easily payable every month.   The average person can literally save themselves hundreds of dollars a year by doing so.  

Frankly it wouldnt hurt for our educational system teach students why being conservative in your use of money is so important.  
    Whether you believe it's stupid or not is completely irrelevant. Most people cannot pay off their cc every single month, and use it to get by when they need to. It's not even a matter of intelligence, I assure you.
    Maybe you shouldn't buy what you can't afford then. And, I doubt it's most people.
    You're free to doubt whatever you like. I worked for Capital One corporate for years and will believe and share what I experienced. Again, it's not about your ivory tower morality judgements from on high. It's about the reality of the economy -- the once booming middle-class is being eradicated, and the segments that are growing are low-income, and the very-high income. ie, the rich get richer while the poor get poorer. The middle-class and the promise of the American dream of my parents and grand-parents age where a single-earner need only show up and work hard to get that house and two cars is long gone. 

Bingo! The elitist and judgemental comments being posted, i.e. "Maybe you shouldn't buy what you can't afford then" is sad and only serves to illustrate how out of touch and/or ignorant some people can be. 

I agree that for several decades the middle class has been eroding, and as a result many more people are living paycheck to paycheck. I am fairly certain that the majority of Apple Insider readers, including 6502, Wizard69, and sirlance99, do not have to struggle with living paycheck to paycheck. 

Because of this, they probably don't understand how difficult it can be for those living paycheck to paycheck to avoid using a credit card to pay for major, unexpected expenses such as car repairs, emergency dental work, replacing a major appliance that suddenly died, etc.  And since they are living paycheck to paycheck, they can't just pay off the credit card balance in 30 days. Instead, it takes them months to pay it off, all the while paying interest, and all the while praying that another major, unexpected expense does not occur before they can pay off their credit card balance. Unfortunately for some, another significant unexpected expense occurs and pushes them deeper into credit card debt. 

So yeah, for those people no annual fee and a low APR matters a lot. 
    Stop playing the victim. You must be a millennial. Woe is me, woe is me. I moved to CA for a job with a few thousand in my bank account, and worked hard to where I'll likely never have to worry about money again considering my very modest lifestyle. But, guess what, when I had no money I didn't buy shit I couldn't afford, never ate out, never got starbucks, drove a shit car (still do), lived in a shit apartment and on and on. I watched youtube on how to fix my own car or anything else that broke. But, I never went in credit card debt. Time to grow up.
    "Stop playing the victim". Wrong. I pay my CC balance off every month and pay no interest. "You must be a millennial". Wrong again. Not everyone with credit card debt is financially irresponsible. Those who live paycheck to paycheck constantly live on the precipice of debt. When an unexpected major expense occurs they can't just dip into their savings to cover the cost as most of us can do. If they need a root canal, or the fridge breaks, or they lose their job, they have little recourse but to turn to a credit card to make ends meet. And once that happens, for many it's like quicksand as the interest builds up. You were diligent and lucky enough to work your way out of lean times and make it to the other side. Many aren't as fortunate, and it's not always due to them being financially irresponsible. It's easy and convenient to vilify everyone in credit card debt as irresponsible spenders, but that is simply not the case.
  • Reply 144 of 279
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,056member
    hmlongco said:
    Standard isn’t always best when many cards have better rewards than 2%. Also, my standard purchases are extremely low compared to other categories. There’s practically nowhere that I purchase things that I can’t get at least 3% back and up to 5% on most things. 

Depends on how one defines "best", doesn't it? The Amazon Prime Store Card, for example, gives you 5% back... with a 28.24% annual APR.

Apple committed to a low (albeit unspecified) APR, with no fees, no late charges, and no penalties. Not to mention the not-so-minor fact that you get your rewards back daily as Apple Cash. Not at the end of the month, not when you redeem them. Daily.

Then there's the secure unique randomized card number per transaction. No number or signature to steal on the physical card. No tracking of purchases. No sales of transaction data.

Ya know...I didn’t see specifically that Apple Card wasn’t going to start charging interest at the time if purchase. Shirley they will have the usual if paid in full at the end of the billing cycle you pay no interest. Right? But with cash rewards the day of...maybe not?

EDIT: Ok, now I see the info on the Apple web site with images involving due dates. I looks like they won't charge interest on balances paid in full on the last day of the month. And the "last day of the month" is uniform, so as to make it easy to remember.

I'm still sort of curious what is behind the "pay now" button. Likely an option including Apple Cash, so you'd have to load a Debit Card behind that to pay your Apple Card...or maybe they will make it easy to pay the Apple Card with bank routing information you supply when you sign up for the card. I don't have a debit card, so that would be best.
    edited March 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 145 of 279
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    One thing that was not mentioned was alerts:  I will not have a card that does not send an immediate text message whenever a charge is made on the card.   If you only use it with Apple Pay that would be OK, but you also get outside charges on it like from iTunes (if you use it there) or from online vendors who don't use Apple Pay.

Those text messages have helped me to stop 2 instances of credit card fraud and I would hesitate to lose it.   Hopefully these cards can provide alerts.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 146 of 279
    2% on everything.   That's sweet!   The best I've seen elsewhere is 1.5%.   Of course other cards have special deals for specific things -- like Discover it paying 5% on groceries till the end of the month.   But, 2% across the board is tempting.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 147 of 279
    This was the most exciting part of the entire event.  Meh, news... Meh, games.... Meh, easier to sign up for HBO/Showtime. Meh... 99.9% of those new shows are going to flop hard. Except for Spielberg.  

The #1 used App on my Apple TV? Plex hands down.  YouTube would be #2. I curate my own content and Plex is THE platform.  Until things get that good, nothing else will satisfy.
    "The #1 used App on my Apple TV? Plex hands down.  YouTube would be #2"

And what proof and verified stats do you have to prove this? 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 148 of 279
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    wizard69 said:
    Soli said:
    wizard69 said:
    Soli said:
    hmlongco said:

You realize that being able to pay off your cards every month isn’t the norm, right?
    If you think the “norm” is being stupid then we have a problem.  By the way I learned this the hardway and have drastically changed my use of a credit card.    At this point I try to keep all card purchases beyond an emergency  at a level easily payable every month.   The average person can literally save themselves hundreds of dollars a year by doing so.  

Frankly it wouldnt hurt for our educational system teach students why being conservative in your use of money is so important.  
    I don’t think unexpected payments and hard times indicates that one is “being stupid.”

Let’s say you’re a college student and you need books for the semester. Those can be a vary large upfront payment that might not be covered by tuition assistance. Would it be stupid for the student not not take her classes that semester because she’ll have to pay off her books over a few months?
    Unexpected or hard times are not the norm.  Like I say I oeared this the hardway so frankly stupid applied to my money management at one time.

As for college the constant whining in the media about student loans and expenses just highlight how ignorant students leaving high school are about money.   
    You don't think that the average person doesn't occasionally deal with "unexpected or hard times" with their finances?!

If you had said that super-prime card holders aren't as likely to carry a balance as those in lower credit tiers, you'd be correct. The majority of card holders do carry a balance, and that's not including mortgages, student, auto, and other types of lending.

• Reply 149 of 279
    65026502 Posts: 380member
    larz2112 said:
    6502 said:
    larz2112 said:

6502 said:
    wizard69 said:
    Soli said:
    hmlongco said:

Whether you believe it's stupid or not is completely irrelevant. Most people cannot pay off their cc every single month, and use it to get by when they need to. It's not even a matter of intelligence, I assure you.
    Maybe you shouldn't buy what you can't afford then. And, I doubt it's most people.
    You're free to doubt whatever you like. I worked for Capital One corporate for years and will believe and share what I experienced. Again, it's not about your ivory tower morality judgements from on high. It's about the reality of the economy -- the once booming middle-class is being eradicated, and the segments that are growing are low-income, and the very-high income. ie, the rich get richer while the poor get poorer. The middle-class and the promise of the American dream of my parents and grand-parents age where a single-earner need only show up and work hard to get that house and two cars is long gone. 

Bingo! The elitist and judgemental comments being posted, i.e. "Maybe you shouldn't buy what you can't afford then" is sad and only serves to illustrate how out of touch and/or ignorant some people can be. 

I agree that for several decades the middle class has been eroding, and as a result many more people are living paycheck to paycheck. I am fairly certain that the majority of Apple Insider readers, including 6502, Wizard69, and sirlance99, do not have to struggle with living paycheck to paycheck. 

Because of this, they probably don't understand how difficult it can be for those living paycheck to paycheck to avoid using a credit card to pay for major, unexpected expenses such as car repairs, emergency dental work, replacing a major appliance that suddenly died, etc.  And since they are living paycheck to paycheck, they can't just pay off the credit card balance in 30 days. Instead, it takes them months to pay it off, all the while paying interest, and all the while praying that another major, unexpected expense does not occur before they can pay off their credit card balance. Unfortunately for some, another significant unexpected expense occurs and pushes them deeper into credit card debt. 

Stop playing the victim. You must be a millennial. Woe is me, woe is me. I moved to CA for a job with a few thousand in my bank account, and worked hard to where I'll likely never have to worry about money again considering my very modest lifestyle. But, guess what, when I had no money I didn't buy shit I couldn't afford, never ate out, never got starbucks, drove a shit car (still do), lived in a shit apartment and on and on. I watched youtube on how to fix my own car or anything else that broke. But, I never went in credit card debt. Time to grow up.
    "Stop playing the victim". Wrong. I pay my CC balance off every month and pay no interest. "You must be a millennial". Wrong again. Not everyone with credit card debt is financially irresponsible. Those who live paycheck to paycheck constantly live on the precipice of debt. When an unexpected major expense occurs they can't just dip into their savings to cover the cost as most of us can do. If they need a root canal, or the fridge breaks, or they lose their job, they have little recourse but to turn to a credit card to make ends meet. And once that happens, for many it's like quicksand as the interest builds up. You were diligent and lucky enough to work your way out of lean times and make it to the other side. Many aren't as fortunate, and it's not always due to them being financially irresponsible. It's easy and convenient to vilify everyone in credit card debt as irresponsible spenders, but that is simply not the case.
    Diligent, yes, but I was not lucky. Everything I've done was planned and I've taken few financial risks. My sister in laws make little money but work 2 jobs each, watch every penny they spend (no eating out, old phones and cars, everything else on the cheap) and have managed to survive without credit card debt. It is possible, most people just don't want to work for it.

I volunteered once for a homeless family shelter (the family gets a small apartment they can live in for free). The coordinators told us stories how they would see families bring in take out food instead of cooking their own, and even bring in new big screen tvs to their apt (they made them return it if they wanted to live there). Their biggest challenge was educating them on handling their money. But, now everyone else says going into debt is fine, don't worry about it.
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 150 of 279
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    2% on everything.   That's sweet!   The best I've seen elsewhere is 1.5%.   Of course other cards have special deals for specific things -- like Discover it paying 5% on groceries till the end of the month.   But, 2% across the board is tempting.
    It’s ONLY 2% using NFC payments. It’s 1% for everything thing else which it the majority of your purchases. 

It’s easy to get a card that at least 2% and others have more. There are better cards with better rewards.
  • Reply 151 of 279
    6502 said:
    6502 said:
    ElJeffe said:
    6502 said:
    ElJeffe said:
    6502 said:
    ElJeffe said:
    Apple the most disruptive corporate force in entrenched business practices. They shook the Computer Industry to its core and changed the way people interacted with computers. They did this by changing the basic philosophy and premise of computing. They personalized it. Game Changer. They did it with music, how it was distributed, how it was carried, how it was consumed. Game Changer. Now they are bring that same disruptive force to the financial industry. Credit Cards have been pretty pedestrian for decades. They have been entirely industry (financial industry driven) as a result the ways they have tried to interact with their consumers have been more and more driven by their self interest with little concern for the consumer experience. AppleCard... Game Changer.

Does it break the mold for rewards? Nope. Does it break the mold for cost? Nope. Does it break the mold for all things reward driven Credit Card? Nope. It just thinks different and delivers a better consumer experience in delivering it. Apple just Apple-ized Consumer Credit. 10 years from now we will all look back and say "of course making it easier for Credit Approval should be this easy. Of course all of the things that AppleCard just delivered to consumer finance should have been implemented." Except Chase, Bank of America, Well Fargo, and a myriad of other Financial Industry Titans could have done it but didn't. They had to have the foundation of their business model moved beneath them by Apple.

Troll away with, how "Meh, my card does all that already. Big Deal! Why are Apple fanbois such tewls?", indifference. DOS command line users used to LOVE how easy it was to do things too. Now we all just do things differently. We all just do things differently, more intuitively, and simply, since Apple decided to innovate the processes.
    If you think the Apple Card is a game changer, you've set a very low bar.
    And your indifference to the shift will be looked at as part of the problem that Apple just solved for an industry it didn't NEED to be involved in. Apple doesn't make moves and involve itself in things if it doesn't feel like it can make a significant (read profitable) change in a significant way. This big dog doesn't get off the porch unless there is a need. You staring at the enormity of the dog and saying " psssshhht! I've seen bigger dogs" Misses the point a little. You pulling the curtain back and pointing to the Great Wizard, 5 minutes into the movie, misses the point a bit. It's all Meh bro, life isn't that complicated. Your indifference and nonchalantness isn't all that earth shattering, in fact Microsoft and IBM used to say "they only represent less than 3% of all computer users..." too. How is that indifference working out for them?
    So Apple is now a martyr for saving the credit card industry? My credit card is a next to nothing part of my life. I charge things on it, pay it off when due and don't think twice about it. This is not what made Apple great.
    LOL You sir are not the average consumer. Congrats on WINNING! Apple isn't a martyr. They won't die because of this. They will however, usher in a changed ecosystem that never existed before. They will usher in a new and easier way for the "average consumer" to interact with their finances. Bro clearly this isn't a big deal to you. However, your incredible money skillz aren't who this is for. This is for the average user. This is for the masses. This just took your "I'm winning at life cuz I can finance..." and made it easier for the average user to win. GAME CHANGER. Your once venerable DOS Command Line user skillz have just been fossilized. Welcome to irrelevance. 
    So it's for people who buy stuff they don't need, with money they don't have to impress people they don't like (to quote Dave Ramsey). In other words, imbeciles.
    The worst kind of imbecile is one who does not understand the opportunity cost of using one’s capital.

When someone says “I never take on debt,” they simply have no clue how they could have invested their capital to earn a higher rate of return, and therefore how, by avoiding debt, they’re incurring an opportunity cost. 

I recommend some Econ 101. 
    And you're forgetting about risk. Why doesn't everyone remortgage their paid off house and invest the money? I recommend some high school econ.
    Too bad that the autarkic barter economy doesn't exist in your primitive financial world...
  • Reply 152 of 279
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member
    6502 said:
    gilly33 said:
    6502 said:
    Funny to watch people get so excited about something as mundane as a credit card. Up next, the Apple shoelace! I use my costco card at costco and my 2% back citi MC everywhere else. I don't really care if I miss out on an extra 1% back on a $30 purchase. That extra $0.30 won't make a difference in my life. Outside the iPhone (and less so the Mac), Apple is turning into a company I care less and less about. But, I did make a lot of money on their stock :smiley: 
    Listen companies evolve and they change. IBM don’t make meat slicers anymore do they? I suspect until technology catches up with designers’ vision the first iPhone experience won’t be repeated anytime soon. Hope I’m wrong about intriguing new hardware but this service side of Apple is quite exciting. Let’s hope both aspects of this great company comes together in ways we can definitely enjoy. 
    On the service side, apple is just playing catch up to the rest of the industry.
    Like who? Google, who just shuttered their video offerings?

And when is the rest of the industry going to catch up with Apple's boss hardware business? Amazon got a new phone coming out anytime soon? What hardware does Netflix have? Ohh I see, only Apple has to be a master of everything to people like you. Other companies get to be one-trick ponies. 
    randominternetpersonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 153 of 279
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member

tyler82 said:
    I save more money by not spending money instead of getting 2% back on the money I already spent  :p
    So you're saying you never spend money on anything? Because I would wager your must at some point buy at the very least food and clothing. And if you're not using a card w/ rewards, you're leaving extra money on the table.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 154 of 279
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    DAalseth said:
    Nice. Hope it's available in Canada. ApplePay is theoretically here, but I've gone through three cards without finding one that worked on the system. I'd like to start using ApplePay. 
    Theoretically? Canada has one of the highest adoption rates of Apple Pay of any place in the world, and definitely higher than the US. Almost every single checkout as tap to pay. I've been using Apple Pay like 95% of the time, for years. Nothing theoretical about it. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 155 of 279
    larz2112larz2112 Posts: 291member
    melgross said:
    larz2112 said:

6502 said:
    wizard69 said:
    Soli said:
    hmlongco said:

Sooo, you think that people SHOULD buy what they can’t afford? Do you have any idea how many people get into such crippling amounts of credit card debt that they go bankrupt, and have to start over again—if they’re lucky?

his statement didn’t read as elitist to me. Just the opposite. I think to a certain extent, we’re on the same page here. A problem is that the easy availability of credit has caused problems. It hasn’t actually solved any other than allowing people to buy something before they have the money to do so. That’s normally fine. But too many people use their credit card as a loan, not understanding the almost extortionate interest rates they’re paying. Some people just get more cards, and max them out. There isn’t a good way for banks and card companies to check out their credit until they start defaulting on payments. Then things come crashing down.

A friend of my wife’s did that quite a while ago. She was crying that she couldn’t go and buy anything anymore because she had no credit, and they were heavily garnishing her salary. I didn’t feel sorry for her, to tell the truth, because we kept telling her to stop buying all that stuff, and pay off her cards. But it was like a drug.
    "so you think that people SHOULD buy what they can't afford?"  NO, I didn't say or imply that whatsoever. The example of your wife's friend sounds like an example of someone with irresponsible spending habits. I know several people who have done the same thing, and I have no sympathy or empathy for them. My original point was that not everyone in credit card debt is an irresponsible spender, especially those who are living paycheck to paycheck. Those living paycheck to paycheck have no savings, so when a major unexpected expense occurs, they may have little choice but to use a credit card. And once that happens, it becomes much more difficult to avoid falling deeper into debt, especially since financial institutions tend to prey on those who can least afford to carry debt. So for those folks, a credit card with no annual fee and a low APR is important.

And when I seen comments that seem to imply "it's their own fault", in my opinion that is a bit elitist and judgemental. It's easy to view everything from within your own prism of experience, but I tend to find that to be a fairly near-sighted way to look at the world. For many it's not "thier own fault", but it's eaiser to think that it is. 
    ElJeffe
  • Reply 156 of 279
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    6502 said:
    What the heck are you talking about?  I didn't "scam" anyone.  Stop changing the narrative to suit your agenda.  I have a perfect credit score of 850.  That 0% financing was offered only to folks with the best credit.  Folks with low credit don't qualify because obviously, if they are more a credit risk than they have to pay more for the privilege of financing.  In addition, that 0% was only for vehicles of the prior model year.  It has nothing to do with your fabricated "poor selling" vehicles.  My car is one on the best sellers for Ford so give it a rest.

That 0% deal is not rare.  Stop making shit up if you don't know.  This was offered to anyone that qualified, meaning responsible people.  If you really believe paying $50K for a car in cash is better than a 0% loan allowing you to keep your money working for you, then maybe you are the one that got swayed by those late night infomercials and got suckered into one.
    Zero % car financing is rare as obviously they make no money on loaning you money. Show me a manufacturer offering 0% currently. They probably just wanted to get rid of that car that's been on their lot all year (it was costing them money as they probably took a loan out to buy it). The only way you get a perfect credit score is by borrowing a lot of money, after all it is called a "credit" score. I assume once your home mortgage is paid off, you'll remortgage it and invest that money in the stock market. After all the mortgage rate is 4.5% and the market returns 10%. But, you know you won't do that. You're forgetting about risk.

I'll continue to be a multimillionaire that never goes into debt, and you can continue to do whatever it is you do.
    Forget how to use Google? https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/interest-free-car-deals

And my house (in San Francisco) is paid off.  No mortgage and financially, doing just fine.  

By your arrogance, wouldn't surprise me if your "multimillionaire" status includes your parents' money, assuming you're even remotely telling the truth.  Based on your prior posts, It's most likely the latter.
    ElJeffedsdwatto_cobra
  • Reply 157 of 279
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    6502 said:
    gilly33 said:
    6502 said:
    Funny to watch people get so excited about something as mundane as a credit card. Up next, the Apple shoelace! I use my costco card at costco and my 2% back citi MC everywhere else. I don't really care if I miss out on an extra 1% back on a $30 purchase. That extra $0.30 won't make a difference in my life. Outside the iPhone (and less so the Mac), Apple is turning into a company I care less and less about. But, I did make a lot of money on their stock :smiley: 
    Listen companies evolve and they change. IBM don’t make meat slicers anymore do they? I suspect until technology catches up with designers’ vision the first iPhone experience won’t be repeated anytime soon. Hope I’m wrong about intriguing new hardware but this service side of Apple is quite exciting. Let’s hope both aspects of this great company comes together in ways we can definitely enjoy. 
    On the service side, apple is just playing catch up to the rest of the industry.

You're really a pathetic, sad troll.  Just like every other industry, Apple is getting into this one to meaningfully improve it, and disrupt common and anti-consumer practises that have been around for decades. A credit card is comparable to a fucking shoelace? Also, Apple is playing "catch-up"? I love this ridiculous meme. Because if Apple is not always offering the sum of every SINGLE service offered by every single company past and current, then they're "playing catch up", right? What an idiotic, short-sighted, irrational, insane mentality. The scope of products and services Apple provides is absolutely massive, especially in terms of the execution and user base. If they come in with a SUPERIOR product (as they almost always do), then they can "catch up" all they want. It's irrelevant. Apple has never been the one to shit out products out the door as fast as they can to be "first", and they never will be. It's telling that that's all you want to focus on. 

Funny how Apple is one of the most loved and successful companies on the planet, even in a state of perpetually "catching up" as you claim. 

Oh, and caring less and less about a company that is always expanding their portfolio of services and products, and improving them, is some kind of strange anachronism and paradox. And that's on you, not on Apple. Obviously there's nothing they can fucking do that would make you "care" more, cause you're a troll. 
    SolianantksundaramrandominternetpersonElJeffebestkeptsecretwatto_cobra
  • Reply 158 of 279
    It’s ONLY 2% using NFC payments. It’s 1% for everything thing else which it the majority of your purchases. 

It’s easy to get a card that at least 2% and others have more. There are better cards with better rewards.
    Not for me....  I don't shop at stores that don't take Apple Pay -- I even go to Sheetz so I can use ApplePay at the pump.   So, except for repetitive things like my T-Mobile bill, it's well over 90% ApplePay.

There are cards that pay more than 2% for special deals, but I haven't seen any that pay it across the board like this one.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 159 of 279
    6502 said:
    gilly33 said:
    6502 said:
    Like who? Google, who just shuttered their video offerings?

And when is the rest of the industry going to catch up with Apple's boss hardware business? Amazon got a new phone coming out anytime soon? What hardware does Netflix have? Ohh I see, only Apple has to be a master of everything to people like you. Other companies get to be one-trick ponies. 
    That's a non sequitur, and you know it.

His premise had nothing to do with your response.
    muthuk_vanalingamCarnage
  • Reply 160 of 279
    A few months ago I counted all of the Apple Pay transactions on my credit card bill (my Visa bill used to have a little symbol next to “Blink” transactions, it was always where I used Apple Pay). Out of just over 90 total transactions 39 were Apple Pay. However, about 15 transactions were from places that have my card on file and automatically bill it, such as iTunes rentals. So, minus the transactions that were automatically paid by my credit card I had more than half of my purchases using Apple Pay. Since then I’ve found more places that accept Apple Pay. 
    randominternetpersonGeorgeBMacwatto_cobra