Daschle: "Hello, Trent?"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Daschle is under increasing fire for his most recent, outrageous statements on the brink of war.

Link...from Fox News...but you are used to that!

Thoughts? I think it is:

1. Politically, unbelievably stupid.

2. Grossly disprectful on the brink of war.

BTW, some of the Republican response was hilarious.

"Senator Daschle clearly articulated the French position". ---Santorum

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    adambadamb Posts: 24member
    To quote Mel Brooks as the stand-up philosopher in History of the Word: Part One:

"Politics! politics! politics! politics! politics! politics!"

• Reply 2 of 25
    Who would have ever thought that Tom DeLay knew a word of French?
  • Reply 3 of 25
    Interesting issue:

Congressional Republicans expect Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle to unequivocally support President Bush's decision to invade Iraq. The Republicans are playing politics here by accusing Daschle of playing politics. That's all this is- just heading off criticism at home.

I've got news for Republicans: Mr. Daschle believes Mr. Bush's diplomacy has failed. So do I. So do most Europeans. So does the Arab League. Most certainly does the UN Security Council believe so.

It's not quite shocking that high level politicians like Mr. Cook and Mr. Daschle could disagree with their respective leaders. Really. It's not that hard.
  • Reply 4 of 25
    I think they're calling Daschle out because he's a blatant hypocrite and has been exposed as such time after time for years.

"Look, we have exhausted virtually all our diplomatic effort to get the Iraqis to comply with their own agreements and with international law. Given that, what other option is there but to force them to do so? That's what they're saying. This is the key question. And the answer is we don't have another option. We have got to force them to comply militarily."

Who said that? George Bush? Ari Fliescher? Donald Rumsfeld?

Or was it Tom Daschle?

*tut tut*
  • Reply 5 of 25
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Yes Daschle is a political animal. I heard a little of Rush today while driving and Rush was talking about this. Rush played clips of Tom months back when Tom thought (at least then) was making the case that personal attack "was not in the interest of the country".

That was when Tom made his speech in response that Bush said that some democrats put the national security behind issues of budgets etc. Daschle went nuts that day.

Seems Tom likes to make things personal even though one day he sings another toon.

Daschle is a poor leader for the democrats. While he can speak clearly and even "seem" convincing at times he has no integrity thus he is NEVER convincing to me.

ahhh what would we do without good ole democrats like Daschle.

Fellows
  • Reply 6 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Bush is a moron.

tonton is that the best you can do?

Seems it is the best democrats can do.. that is failure.

Fellows
  • Reply 7 of 25
    Fox News is hilarious. Fair and balanced. You'd think the angry middle aged white men could find something better to do with their time.
  • Reply 8 of 25
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Daschle is living in a fantasy land if he thinks this thing was headed any other way. But of course he didn't think that so his remark that France's intransigence "forced" us to go to war is nothing but pure politics. We were going to war sooner or later as soon as 1441 was agreed on.
  • Reply 9 of 25
    Fellowship, I doubt you know anything worthwhile about Tom Daschle, especially since you quote conservative attack dog Rush Limbaugh.

The following quote emphasizes the belief of unequivocal support of the president:

He (Frist) added, ?our men and women literally are in a countdown before fighting is initiated, and any remarks that their lives have in some way been compromised by the president of the United States is irresponsible.?

Criticism of the president is irresponsible... Should we have continued inspections? Shh! Can't talk about that! Anything said can and will be used against you by the conservative press.
  • Reply 10 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

Fox News is hilarious. Fair and balanced. You'd think the angry middle aged white men could find something better to do with their time.

That's it.. angry middle aged white men?....

Yeah it has nothing to do with the joke the Democratic party is... nothing at all...

The Democrats are the ones that are holding up the Estrada nomination... Hmmm is he not a real Hispanic to democrats? Seems Democrats want to keep their "people" in a certain light.

Some minorities are waking up to the racism of the democratic party. Slowly but surely

You think Fox is conservative check out the rest of changes being made on the big networks.

MSNBC replaced Don-a-who? with Savage...

Keep up with the trends...

Fellowship
  • Reply 11 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

Fellowship, I doubt you know anything worthwhile about Tom Daschle, especially since you quote conservative attack dog Rush Limbaugh.

Ohh God... Get real Shawn.. I know exactly who he is.. Just as I know who Dick was that is now running for pres. These folks are the worst excuse for leaders I have ever seen.

Daschle loves to get all emotional. Like he cares...

Puke...

Fellowship
  • Reply 12 of 25
    You're right. Everything you said was right. I retract my post. And **** Daschle and **** Clinton too as well. Praise be unto the lord. Amen.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    In 1998 he says that we have no choice but forced disarmament. In 2003 he says that Bush's poor diplomacy foces us to go to war.

He's dishonest to say the least.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    Quote:

You're right. Everything you said was right. I retract my post. And **** Daschle and **** Clinton too as well. Praise be unto the lord. Amen.

You actually respond like many liberals I have seen.

"OK you are right" hmmmm

Seems you could defend your position a little better... or can you?

Fellowship
  • Reply 15 of 25
    I really have no desire to play domestic politics here, Fellowship. There are bigger issues in the world right now than Ari Fleischer whining about someone disagreeing with the President. We've all been down this road before- now we've got a war- so we can expect democracy to shut up and unequivocal support for our President to take precedent.
  • Reply 16 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by AdamB

In 1998 he says that we have no choice but forced disarmament. In 2003 he says that Bush's poor diplomacy foces us to go to war.

He's dishonest to say the least.

He's dishonest and he does not like Bush...

Put two and two together and you have a "leader" in todays democratic party.

Poor I agree...

Fellowship
  • Reply 17 of 25
    Quote:

Post of the Month!
  • Reply 18 of 25
    Quote:

I really have no desire to play domestic politics here, Fellowship. There are bigger issues in the world right now than Ari Fleischer whining about someone disagreeing with the President. We've all been down this road before- now we've got a war- so we can expect democracy to shut up and unequivocal support for our President to take precedent.

Don't go off the deep end there Shawn... you are free to say anything...

sometimes it makes sense to have composure...

For instance in a Church would you yell out "F*ck You"?

You can if you want but is it wise? Of course not.

I don't care how much of an a** Daschle makes out of himself. It is his political career.

Fellowship
  • Reply 19 of 25
    Quote:

Post of the Month!

I see you liked that too Shawn.... Funny how liberals all like the consession.

When you can't say anything to defend what you "claim" to believe just resort to...

OK you are right....

LOL!

Fellows
  • Reply 20 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Moron is a relative word. Even Groverat thinks Bush is an idiot. But compared to you and your worship of Jesus W. Limbaugh, Bush must look like a Mensan.

I know tonton... I have a bad case of being conservative. I have reasons why I am conservative...

Find a democrat and ask them why they are they act like a child.

ask them why they are a democrat and they say well I don't like Bush... or I want women to be able to have an abortion... outside of that... what is the democratic party?

Fellowship