Survey claims 86 percent of US teens plan to choose iPhone as next smartphone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    In other news:

People prefer gold over fool's gold.

The problem is most teens don't make money. So don't expect 86% of teens to own iPhone. Everyone wants a real iPhone, not everyone can afford one. I also want a Lamborghini by the way so RIP Honda.
    chemengin
  • Reply 22 of 37
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Android has always disgusted me, so I'm glad to see this good news.

SpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 37
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    And the gap between US and other markets (teens) is growing. They pick Androids elsewhere. Hype is not everything.
    What hype do you refer to?
    GeorgeBMacwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 37
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member

gatorguy said:
    MacPro said:
    Great news and agree with the poster above. No doubt our resident Google journalist will post refuting evidence any second ...
    This is exactly the type of thing I said to you a couple days back: Trolling me with an invitation to a thread that if I had an interest in I would comment on it. I don't. It doesn't matter to me what someone wants to use for a phone, but that wasn't the reason for your call-out anyway IMO.
    https://forums.appleinsider.com/discussion/comment/3146438/#Comment_3146438

You seemingly have a greater interest in trolling me than discussion. No prob. I learned the drill years ago, I just have a new follower with an agenda. 
    How did he invite you to this thread...?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 37
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    brucemc said:

gatorguy said:
    MacPro said:
    Great news and agree with the poster above. No doubt our resident Google journalist will post refuting evidence any second ...
    This is exactly the type of thing I said to you a couple days back: Trolling me with an invitation to a thread that if I had an interest in I would comment on it. I don't. It doesn't matter to me what someone wants to use for a phone, but that wasn't the reason for your call-out anyway IMO.

You seemingly have a greater interest in trolling me than discussion. No prob. I learned the drill years ago, I just have a new follower with an agenda. 
    Yup, posting a bit of bait. 
    edited April 2019 GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 26 of 37
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    brucemc said:

gatorguy said:
    MacPro said:

A PM maybe?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 37
    apple ][ said:
    brucemc said:

gatorguy said:
    MacPro said:

A PM maybe?
    Not sir Apple][. Mostly an extension from a previous interchange, which I had linked. Lately he seems to enjoy posting the little personal digs when I'm not involving myself in threads. No biggie and he may not even realize he was doing so, thus pointing it out again for him. 
    GeorgeBMacchemengin
  • Reply 28 of 37
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    gatorguy said:
    MacPro said:

Now, why would you think my post was referencing you?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 37
    MacPro said:
    gatorguy said:
    MacPro said:

Well my sincere apologies if it was not. Was it meant for someone else since you had obviously had some particular poster in mind? If so continue on as you were, that person may drop in. 
    edited April 2019 GeorgeBMacmuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 30 of 37

86 TOO FUNNY. Nice lie campaign. Sales are falling not rising. Apple sales in 2019 is expected to be even less.

It's sad how kids are used like dogs for the greed and sickness of corporations.

Teens are used in armies to kill people too and are sometimes 86ed. Teens aren't very wise as they haven't realized how corrupt this little greedy world is since they have no intel on the corruption that goes on.  If U.S. born they are for the most part freshly trained in federal schools that have no moral standards anymore.  Ever see a queer animal? There are none, queer doesn't exist in the real world.

Think about it people.

chemengin
  • Reply 31 of 37
    acejax805acejax805 Posts: 109member
    davgreg said:
    The more important number I would like to see is what the parents intend to buy. Not many kids get to drop $1k without parental permission.

As to Hulu, they have been a hydra owned by Disney, Fox, Comcast and AT&T. With the Disney/Fox deal the mouse house will have 66% or so of Hulu. It would not surprise me to see Disney buy out Comcast and AT&T to own Hulu and recast it as they want it.
    They do not have much choice if they do not want to be declared enemies by their young hype driven offspring (that BTW is clueless and trives on unproductive entertainment). It is just that they never tried anything else to understand, but they will be parroting what brainwashed crowd tells them because as usually they fear being isolated (whiich is normal). That is how it works with everything. Remember sneaker brands and models? Same with smartphones now. They do not need to be really fit for need and quality (and perhaps price), but if others use them then "everybody" needs to use them.
    So teens buy iPhones because of peer pressure and old people buy them because they’re dumb. I’m in my 30s and I bought my very first iPhone because I’m tired of paying the same money for an Android device and also having to be my own tech support. Another reason I’m on my last Windows machine. Couldn’t be happier with a device that just works and that I can use for the next 5 years or more. Thank you Apple for making technology revolve around me, versus the other way around with Google and Microsoft. 

I just love how Android users try to convince themselves of their superior intelligence. I blame it on an inferiority complex. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 37
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    gatorguy said:
    MacPro said:
    gatorguy said:
    MacPro said:

Well my sincere apologies if it was not. Was it meant for someone else since you had obviously had some particular poster in mind? If so continue on as you were, that person may drop in. 
    Feel free to refer to me as 'that guy that comes here to AI as he is pro-Apple and has been since 1978' I'd not feel insulted I assure you. :)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 37
    In other news:

The problem is most teens don't make money. So don't expect 86% of teens to own iPhone. Everyone wants a real iPhone, not everyone can afford one. I also want a Lamborghini by the way so RIP Honda.
    According to the survey quoted in the article the actual percentage of teens with an iPhone is 83%.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 37
    aemshoot said:

86 TOO FUNNY. Nice lie campaign. Sales are falling not rising. Apple sales in 2019 is expected to be even less.

It's sad how kids are used like dogs for the greed and sickness of corporations.

Teens are used in armies to kill people too and are sometimes 86ed. Teens aren't very wise as they haven't realized how corrupt this little greedy world is since they have no intel on the corruption that goes on.  If U.S. born they are for the most part freshly trained in federal schools that have no moral standards anymore.  Ever see a queer animal? There are none, queer doesn't exist in the real world.

Think about it people.

iPhone sales in the US (where this survey is looking) were strong last year and according to the survey iPhone ownership among the teens they studiied was 83%.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 37
    DuhSesameDuhSesame Posts: 1,278member
    In other news:

I don’t think Lamborghini mass produced their super cars, but Apple did to iPhones.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 37
    bigtdsbigtds Posts: 167member
    gatorguy said:
    MacPro said:

Some people can't stand another's point of view if it doesn't align with theirs. Seems to be a big problem in society today. Anyway, I always enjoy the perspective you bring to the conversation and appreciate the fact that you back up your statements with links where necessary.
  • Reply 37 of 37
    1st1st Posts: 443member
    matches up 89% of app in app store are games.... sad to see those chaps fill their most productive time (brain still growing and effective for learning) by "paying for distractions" (book One Device chapter 8) - unless they want to be wall street trader in the future (it appear gaming skill provide edge for trading... but that trend lately changed to board game instead...)