Apple's 31.6-inch professional display may arrive soon, 17-inch MacBook Pro in early 2021 ...

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Apple's doing a mini-LED display not a Micro-LED display (which is emissive) 

https://www.ledinside.com/news/2018/5/difference_between_micro_led_and_mini_led
  • Reply 62 of 64
    mike fixmike fix Posts: 270member
    Soli said:
    mike fix said:
    If there's no matte option, it's not a professional display in my world.
    ߤ榺wj;♂️ I thought you people had finally dropped this crap.
    I have!  I don't ever use "crap" glossy/reflective displays to do professional work!  
    edited April 2019
  • Reply 63 of 64
    DuhSesameDuhSesame Posts: 1,278member
    macronin said:
    Soli said:

k2kw said:
    Would Apple release a new large monitor before they release a Mac Pro which would be the primary partner for that monitor?
    Are you expecting the MP this year?  I would be nice but I don’t hold my breath on that.
    Apple has clearly stated it's a 2019 product, so yes we do expect it this year.
    I also expect it because Apple has stated it based on their history, but until there is a shipping product I also count all unreleased products as vaporware. In other words, the cat is dead until it’s shown to be alive.
    If they can’t deliver a Mac Pro this year, they’ve truly shit the bed.  AirPower was unknown tech, this should be known territory. :)
    I can't fathom why Apple finds it so hard to understand Mac Pro buyers. No one needs to be awestruck, inspired, delighted, or surprised. We need a pickup truck. Preferably one that's easy to service and accommodates off-the-shelf accessories. This isn't complicated.
    Soli said:

k2kw said:
    Would Apple release a new large monitor before they release a Mac Pro which would be the primary partner for that monitor?
    Are you expecting the MP this year?  I would be nice but I don’t hold my breath on that.
    I also expect it because Apple has stated it based on their history, but until there is a shipping product I also count all unreleased products as vaporware. In other words, the cat is dead until it’s shown to be alive.
    If they can’t deliver a Mac Pro this year, they’ve truly shit the bed.  AirPower was unknown tech, this should be known territory. :)
    I can't fathom why Apple finds it so hard to understand Mac Pro buyers. No one needs to be awestruck, inspired, delighted, or surprised. We need a pickup truck. Preferably one that's easy to service and accommodates off-the-shelf accessories. This isn't complicated.
    The fact they’ve been working with and studying professional workflows as if it’s a new thing to them gives me hope that we will be surprised and delighted.
    Bummer, I was hoping to be awestruck & inspired...
    Some people just want nothing but the barebone, though that's understandable, it's not the "Mac" way of doing things.
    Not trying to defend the trash can, since it's 7 years old already, I still find it fascinating that they don't even want to perform spec bumps for it.  Some say it's because of the power limitation, but probably more than that.
    edited April 2019
  • Reply 64 of 64
    DuhSesameDuhSesame Posts: 1,278member
    Soli said:

k2kw said:
    The fact they’ve been working with and studying professional workflows as if it’s a new thing to them gives me hope that we will be surprised and delighted.
    I think the iMac Pro was kinda like the successor of the trash can, but more successful, and probably the straw before the new Mac Pro.