The TextBlade keyboard is superb, but you'll have to be patient

Comments

• Reply 61 of 1615
    ericpeets said:

I think the vast majority of users on your forum know how forums in general (not fora, by the way) operate

Yes, maybe Mr. Mims has abused his forum posting privileges many times. You may be perfectly in the right in what you did. But your defense would have been much more succinct, even poignant without the snide side-swipes.
    Why are you making an issue about "fora" vs "forums"? Especially when you write later, as quoted above, complaining about "side-swipes"?

The fact is, BOTH spellings are correct and Waytools has used both themselves. As a Latin word, "fora" would be the original correct form. But language changes over time and so this Latin word has become anglicized in the plural by many people. So both are considered acceptable.

That silly sniping, and worse, tended to follow most of WayTools updates until some people were banned.
    It was not meant to be a side-swipe, but a correction.

"The plural of forum is spelled forums; the plural fora (as in the original Latin) is chiefly used when talking about a public square in an ancient Roman city."
    -- Oxford English dictionary.
    arkorottalexonline
  • Reply 62 of 1615
    CymroCymro Posts: 1member
    I’ve had a Textblade for a while but it’s not become my main keyboard.  I got it for using when I’m in meetings or travelling.  I was a bit surprised to find that there are keyboard power users and enthusiasts, over and above the touch typists (which I’m not).  They’re adopting it, or a lot of them seem to be, as their sole keyboard while I’m hunting and pecking on my usual laptop or pc keyboard.

But ... when I do use it with my phone or iPad, it’s superb.  Again, I don’t use many of the power features, except switching between devices and some macros, but, fit me, it’s been faultless and reliable.

My wife, who is a touch typist, took one look at it when it arrived and demanded one.

She is waiting.
  • Reply 63 of 1615
    Cymro - your wife has great instincts, and we shall oblige her.

Ericpeets - Good to see.  It’s down to picking nits with style, ergo we must be doing well on substance.

There is a popular discussion site called Quora.  Its founders are actually quite literate people.

To all - 

You can see the same pattern emerge here, from the same actors.  

The same folks who flooded the macrumors forum to overload its editor, and frustrate posters with a steady storm of chaff.  That’s the denial of service in action.

The pattern - throw out twisted half-truths, to prompt corrections. Then claim bullying, when confronted by truth in civil discourse.

Follow it up with a bushel of nit-picking, to bait more contact, and make it mind-numbing enough so there’s no substance left to dine on.  

That’s the playbook, and engaging it doesn’t lead to resolution, because good faith is absent.  You can never satisfy anyone who doesn’t wish to be satisfied.

Once you see the pattern, you see how it repeats.  The example that just played out is clear enough.  It’ll keep coming, until there’s no response. It doesn’t help to engage the repetitive baiting.  

Some folks who say they too, want the product ... actually don’t.  They don’t want this advance to grow, and they come here to discourage and delay it.

For some, the mere existence of the product is disquieting, and the ascent of it is a threat.

They pay lip service to its qualities, which by now are inarguable.

But their core message is - don’t buy it.  Please.  And they camp on that, and work it hard.

Got to wonder why that matters to them.  

Why do they need to control what others do?

gmaddencolinng
  • Reply 64 of 1615
    arkorottarkorott Posts: 100member
    .... a single individual would spawn 5 fake id’s, and then corroborate his own points via his alter egos.

He would either agree with himself, or alternatively at first argue, to get cred, and then ultimately concede to being enlightened, and concur on the ‘real truth’.

These were systematically presented as facts, often in authoritative tones, and all from anonymous pseudonyms.  Often, id’s were created just minutes after the first burner id was confronted with their contradictions. 

Some of these folks turned out to work for competitors, and some were just haters who just like to knock anything hopeful and good.
    And these preemptive hits began before the journey had even begun.  
    but it made us realize that we had indeed touched a nerve.  People don’t talk about stuff that no one cares about.  But they can really get up into a lather about the stuff of consequence.
    At the end of 2018, William contacted us.  He asked to give it a go personally.  So we let him do it. (so full of yourselves)
    Guys, you are delusional. Your views of your own grandeur blind you. Lear to LISTEN. It is not about bringing you down.
    It is about YOU mistreating your customers on top of making them wait 4 YEARS LONGER than promised.

With this post you just corroborated what YOUR CUSTOMERS say about you. Your products might be great but your customer support is horrible.

The 7 points I wrote about above stand. What you wrote does not challenge one bit what I wrote. In a 5 point summary:

1- You have not shipped to paid customers. You just shipped a few units for testing. Testing is not launching in this universe or the next. Might be hundreds but out of how many orders ?

2- You bully your own paid and waiting customers. And justify doing so with the mumbo jumbo and X files like conspiracy theories you wrote above.

3- Communication has deteriorated dramatically. Detailed status updates of your own product are nowhere to be seen but you have all the time of the world to talk about: "cooktops, helmets, help desk support for Dabigkahuna's Mac, and even bad taste (and uninformed) posts by Waytools on the Boeing 737 Max crashes, comments on Apple, Tesla, etc.
    but almost nil info on their actual product other than "working on a code fork". No dates, no timetables, no details whatsoever while at the same time WayTools has a ton of time to make dozens of inane posts per day on every other inconceivable and unrelated topic. "
    Anybody can read your forum and corroborate this. I invite you to do it yourself too.

4-Everybody still hopes that you will eventually ship, but I guess nobody would be surprised if the TextBlade never does. Nobody is holding their breath any longer after 4 years. You cannot in good conscience keep asking for pre-orders money 4 YEARS in a row. There are many that are still in for the ride, but your own site was and is misleading in terms of readiness.  Anybody can check your site right now. It promises to ship in the fall the same way it has highlighted every season sequentially for 4 years.

5- The first few posts accusing this to be VAPORWARE are true until they are proven wrong with the actual product launch.

(BTW, The tone of your response is so similar to the forums that it must be the same person. Guys you might need to replace whoever is in charge of communications)

edited April 2019 ericpeetsalexonline
  • Reply 65 of 1615
    arkorottarkorott Posts: 100member

You can see the same pattern emerge here, from the same actors.  

The same folks who flooded the macrumors forum to overload its editor, and frustrate posters with a steady storm of chaff.  That’s the denial of service in action.

The pattern - throw out twisted half-truths, to prompt corrections. Then claim bullying, when confronted by truth in civil discourse.

Follow it up with a bushel of nit-picking, to bait more contact, and make it mind-numbing enough so there’s no substance left to dine on.  

For some, the mere existence of the product is disquieting, and the ascent of it is a threat.

Oh my God. You ARE delusional. Please stop. Your are digging your own grave spouting crazy conspiracy theories. 

For your own good just ship the TextBlade once and for all, and stop imagining little green evil elves working against you (green because of envy). At least for your own good stop making these crazy thoughts public. It is sad.

Don't you see that by your own words you corroborate what is being said about WayTools as a company?
    You REALLY need to change whomever is in charge of communications.

So bottom line put your money where your mouth is: SHIP.

And yes, we can recommend others to be cautious with their money given WayTools track record of not delivering. 

Prove me wrong: SHIP.

ericpeetsalexonline
  • Reply 66 of 1615

We’ll let the reader compare our prior post alongside the one above, to judge whose tone is the bully.

On our forum, we got flame posts from the day we announced.  At that time, their assertion was that TextBlade was just CGI and didn’t actually exist. They don’t say that anymore.
    Some of these folks turned out to work for competitors, and some were just haters who just like to knock anything hopeful and good.
    The thing we built clearly had a lot of power to change things, and there were some folks who feared it enough to try to block it.  But when there’s merit, eventually it gets known.  And it breaks through.  And that has happened here, as we shipped customers in the test release group.

This is, and has been, your MO used to rationalize mistreatment of your customers -- to accuse them of being spies and saboteurs working for a competitor -- then messing with their forum privileges, often leading to cancelling their orders. I know it's been asked of you before, but who is this competitor or competitors exactly you speak of? I wonder who'd plan such elaborate schemes and send out battalions of devious agents. Are they working together, collaborating with each other? Or maybe, as your conspiracy states, just one person with dozens of alter egos? Have they infiltrated your TREG group, or even your staff? According to you, they must have infiltrated Apple Insider, or at least their alter egos. And to do what, exactly? I'm curious how far this conspiracy rabbit hole goes.

Or maybe you're just delusional and neck deep in paranoia. If you're in such fear of these people, how can you make anything, much less anything so <revolutionary | advanced | amazing | [ whatever else is left in the thesaurus here ]>? Any uninitiated outsider reading the few posts you made here will think you're completely cracked. First of all, it should be easy to verify whether the non-TREG posters in this forum are alter egos or not simply by asking the AI forum admin to verify our unique credentials, which I'll do gladly. But I doubt you'll believe it over your conspiracy theory.

To cut through some of the spin about ‘4 years between reviews’ here’s the short strokes -
    And here goes another round of semantics game I previously alluded to:

- Over the last 36 months we’ve shipped hundreds to customers, and they’ve used them extensively to prove it out and refine it.
    You've sent them out to testers (not really customers).

- There have already been close to a hundred written reviews posted by paying customers who give TextBlade a hardcore workout daily.
    I think what the OP meant was 'independent reviews from journalists' as evinced by his mentioning MacRumors and Apple Insider. I don't' know about you but I don't consider every comment under an Amazon product an official "review".

- So that brings us to today, in 2019.  3 years of real world testing done by a lot of real customers, and their reviews.  More than most amazon review pages.
    First of all, their "reviews" are not accurate because (and correct me if I'm wrong) they don't have the final model -- unless of course they are, in which case it would beg the question: why don't you ship?

So the only thing that’s ‘telling’ here is how this reality, somehow got spun up into ‘no reviews for 4 years’.  Reality is quite different from spin.
    So, there's the MacRumors article, the "hundreds" of "customer reviews", and this one. Are there any other you can tell us about? I'd love to read it.

‘Distortion’ was a very apt title.
    Snide remark. See the difference from correction?

alexonlinearkorott
  • Reply 67 of 1615

Ericpeets - Good to see.  It’s down to picking nits with style, ergo we must be doing well on substance.
    There is a popular discussion site called Quora.  Its founders are actually quite literate people.

To all - 
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I find your writing quite cryptic. First of all, what are you referring to with "picking nits with style"? Are you referring to my correcting you on the use of "fora" vs. "forums"? If so, it was a genuine act of courtesy for correction so that you won't look more ridiculous than the way you were presenting yourself (and by extension, your company). Don't read into what I said, just read what I said. Second, what does Quora have to do with the topic at hand? Third, who are you imploring to? The AI commenters? I've got news for you, you're not in WT forums anymore. Your minions are not coming for you, nor can you fudge with this forum software to ban people you don't like or simply close off the thread.

Actually, the only one that overloaded that forum is one of your minion: Dabigkahuna. He wrote and wrote and wrote so much walls of glowing text about your product that he was banned from there. In fact, some users there were taking bets that he was an employee of your company. Go ahead and check it out, it's still archived. You're right about one thing, though, he did frustrate many posters there.

<... more of same unfounded accusations and conspiracy theory ...>

Some folks who say they too, want the product ... actually don’t.  They don’t want this advance to grow, and they come here to discourage and delay it.

It's probably beyond your understanding, but I like the concept of your product. That's why I paid for it, my girlfriend and few other colleagues paid for it, waited over 3 years for it before cancelling. I still would like buy it, but only if I don't have to deal with you and your company. It was just too exasperating waiting in the dark and frustrating trying to get some simple answers from you. I never said anything disparaging about the textblade itself, but you have some PR problems on your hands.

Peace.

alexonlinearkorott
  • Reply 68 of 1615
    I believe that running round shouting "infamy, infamy they all got it in for me" is an interesting look for an official company account. 

Perhaps if they concentrated on those pallets;

AppleInsider did not get to see the factories where manufacturing is being done, but we did see pallets of finished TextBlades. 

of finished product mention in the article they would be in people hands right now. Wouldn't they? You know, being all finished like AppleInsider says. 

Unless they aren't finished and Appleinsider have made a terrible but understandable mistake. Or they are finished but;

millions of dollars in pre-orders 

so at $99, tens of thousands of customers don't have their finished product for some reason. 

Can the team at AppleInsider verify with Waytools that the Textblade on those pallets is finished? Can they ask WayTools why if the product is finished and present in the magnitude of pallets of product, it is not on general release? Or if indeed the line is an error can that be clarified in the article?

R

arkorott
  • Reply 69 of 1615
    The Art of Spin

As to the post just prior to the one above -

More of same, which illustrates the pattern well, and will likely continue to dribble on, with new id’s as needed.

More of what exposes the rhetorical sleight of hand -  ericpeets earlier posts shown in dark grey highlight bands -
    - You've sent them out to testers (not really customers).
    When a fact is too established to controvert, the tack is to try to diminish it.  But one really can’t. 

People who bought the product online, and use it, are indeed customers.  They have no relationship to us other than buying it.

They send us feedback, which isn’t any different from you sending Apple a bug report on another product you’ve been using for years.

There’s then an accurate quote from our facts -

“There have already been close to a hundred written reviews posted by paying customers ”

Which a few lines later, gets hacked and rephrased with the tools of the trade - 
    - First of all, their "reviews" are not accurate because (and correct me if I'm wrong) they don't have the final model
    The hundreds of TextBlades in use by customers are from the production tools and processes. It’s clearly the product.  

And most users now say I like this, ship it. We’ve also posted a lot about the firmware infrastructure upgrade we’re doing now for general release.

So by coining a ‘final model’ rubric, any comment posted last week about say, an iPhone, isn’t real and doesn’t count.  Because this week it got an iOS update.
    So, there's the MacRumors article, the "hundreds" of "customer reviews", and this one.
    Notice the subtle turn of phrase here - in just a few lines, the accurately quoted factual statement is morphed into something false.  

‘Close to a hundred’ (true) becomes - ‘hundreds’ of ‘customer reviews’ (false).  Which is ascribed to us with quotes.

This juxtaposition compactly documents this technique. The mutual contradictions are right there, served up on a platter. The original quote, and then the blender. 

That’s how spin works.  Distort what was said into something else, and then attack that.

It has shifted from the prior assertion that there were no reviews for years (inarguably false), to an new angle of semantical gamesmanship.

And when you point out what’s misrepresented, the reaction then pivots to ad hominem jabs - bully, delusional, mistreat customers, etc. 

So you won’t assuage a person who’s purpose is not really to get his goody and be happy. His message is don’t buy the thing. Don’t accelerate its release.

When we buy products on amazon, we look at reviews by customers who actually use it.  That’s the most referenced kind of standard for buyers today.

Here, both journalists and customers have used it and written about it, and the observations are consistent.  It’s all online on the Reviews topic on our forum.

A public discussion board can’t staff vetting who’s real, or truthful.  It’s simply too much work.  Some folks count on that, to fracture facts to ply their message.

It’s eye-opening to see a real world example of this happening.  Something useful is learned by watching how this is done.  

We’ll see plenty more of it.  But this example teaches a lot about the pattern.

It doesn’t end with general release, either.  Just have a look at the Tesla forums before quarterly earnings.  Short-seller shills abound, and that’s for a 25 billion dollar company shipping hundreds of thousands of cars.  Which owners overwhelmingly love.  It’s done to Apple too.  Salvos of distortion are sold as fact.  That’s the Internet for you.

A good time is had by all.

One more thing - the spin usually follows whenever a user says something interesting about the product, which is what most readers come here to learn about.

So for thesevociferous comments from those without an order, or any experience using the product, the idea is to not let favorable news sink in, but quickly distract with some new dissonance.  Always shifting the focus away from the merits of the product.  

Which speaks for itself.

gmaddencolinng
  • Reply 70 of 1615
    Peace is a good thing ericpeet.

Thanks for copping to the fact that you are not a customer, you don’t have an order, and you’ve not experienced the product.  It lends context to your comments.

Your courtesy to advise us on Latin came wrapped in a jab against authentic users - paying customers, whom you dismiss as mere minions. 

You’re smart enough to know the parallel between Latin plurals - Quora and Fora.  But alas, you could not resist another dig.  The folks at Quora must be uneducated too.

Finally, for someone with no order or skin in the game, it’s amazing with how much time you waste on something that you’re not going to buy.

People who find your presentation credible will surely not buy our product, as you have worked hard to lobby.

All is settled, and peace to you.

colinng
  • Reply 71 of 1615
    prokip said:
    But if you guys (and gals ?) are feeding me a line, a curse on the *&%&&*....  OK
    First, I suspect most of us only have one post for the same reason I did - I wasn't a regular appleinsider reader (thus not a poster) until the article came up which I and the others knew a lot about.

Second, no one is feeding you a line. None of us can guarantee that it WILL ship (though we expect it will). None of us will tell you to preorder. We may point out the benefits of preordering AND the potential risks. For me, even though I'm risk adverse, this one item I did preorder back in 2015 because I thought it just might be great. I have never preordered anything else. But now that I have it, I will say it is great.

That doesn't mean everyone will like it. Some may have special situations where it isn't the best choice. For example, if you want to be able to stop your car and type on your lap, it isn't going to work unless you put something flat and rigid under it. Which just happens to be how I type virtually 100% of the time. I never have it sitting on my desk when typing. It's always on my lap. OTOH, you could stick the TextBlade to a vertical surface if it is made of steel (because the TextBlade is magnetic).

I think the group that may have the biggest issues are those who write code, because of the key combos to get oft-used symbols. But we have TREG members who code. I don't so I can't address it as much as I'd like. From what I've read from others, it may depend on what kind of coding. I also know some have worked out customized layouts to deal with the problems. YMMV.

But even if coding is a problem, most people aren't coders.

I have always felt the bigger "problem" is just getting people to give it the time and effort to adjust. There are multiple levels to this.

First, just for alpha characters and basic punctuation that is all on the main layer, thus no special combos needed, they still have to adjust to the particular angle of the keys as well as the different reach. But the reach is EASIER! Still have to adjust to it. This is the kind of stuff you may have to do with any given regular keyboard.

But the second thing is a bit more complicated as you access numbers and many symbols on the "green layer". This is where you hold down the space bar and hit the appropriate key. It's easy - certainly easier than the shift key once you get used to it because your thumb is typically right above the space bar anyway. It's also easy because you are no longer needing to reach for the symbols (or numbers). They are at or immediately above or below the home row. However, you still have to adapt to it and I have no doubt that some simply won't make even a minimal effort.

Third, there is user error - which the ordinary user may blame on the TextBlade. When you hit the wrong key on a regular keyboard, it is generally very obvious. But with multiple characters (3-6) on one key cap, it is naturally less obvious and people will tend to think they did it right even when they didn't.

To give you an idea of how this can go, in early testing, sometimes I'd get the wrong character. Now, sometimes it was the TextBlade's fault (those problems have been solved), but there were times I get an error thinking I was right, but catch myself right when the error occurred. I then, without looking down, moved my finger closer to the part of the key for the character I wanted (just in case I was out of position). I'd still get the wrong character! So I'd do it again, with the same result. And then again - so 3 times with the same error, even though I had moved in the right direction. Surely the TextBlade messed up! Nope. I'd look down where my finger was and, surprise, it would still, even after those adjustments, be solidly on the wrong character! I suspect some people wouldn't realize they goofed and get frustrated early on.

These things are unavoidable so I figure WayTools wants to minimize any possible issues they can control at a pretty high level (though not perfection).

I could tell within one day, in spite of the significantly greater issues early on than now, that I didn't want to use any other keyboard. No, I couldn't type on it as well instantly, but things were just easier that it wasn't hard to see the benefits. Speed was "good enough" in short order and was back at full speed within 3 weeks. And now, while I could touch type before, that didn't include numbers and symbols - too far away for me to do without looking and I didn't need them enough to practice them. But I easily do them with the TextBlade.

There are a lot of things the Treg members will be able to help newbies with when it does ship, because we've gone through them ourselves and have learned how various customization options (not just basic keyboard layouts) can help.
    One thing you quickly learn about DBK - brevity is not part of his life remit. Words are his thing. He is wordy. It would be great if Textblade would launch, all the words from DBK hasn't made it arrive any faster, sadly. 
    arkorott
  • Reply 72 of 1615
    ericpeets said:
    It was not meant to be a side-swipe, but a correction.

"The plural of forum is spelled forums; the plural fora (as in the original Latin) is chiefly used when talking about a public square in an ancient Roman city."
    -- Oxford English dictionary.
    I don't think so. You see, I know how you have more blatantly made the same point elsewhere. And you were wrong then too. And still are. What it is "chiefly" used as today is not the only way it is used. WayTools use was entirely accurate. As is "forums". Both, not just the one you prefer.
  • Reply 73 of 1615
    ericpeets said:
    Are you referring to my correcting you on the use of "fora" vs. "forums"? If so, it was a genuine act of courtesy for correction so that you won't look more ridiculous than the way you were presenting yourself (and by extension, your company). Don't read into what I said, just read what I said.

Actually, the only one that overloaded that forum is one of your minion: Dabigkahuna. He wrote and wrote and wrote so much walls of glowing text about your product that he was banned from there. In fact, some users there were taking bets that he was an employee of your company. Go ahead and check it out, it's still archived. You're right about one thing, though, he did frustrate many posters there.

As I already pointed out, I have your other statements about this choice of words. You weren't trying to be courteous.

As for my posts, a large number were correcting the claims made by some of the more outlandish critics. Always in response to what they wrote first. Even then, I was saying critical of things about WT communication even as those critics falsely accused me of "always" defending WT and never criticizing. Oh, and those accusing me of working for WT didn't start doing so only after I posted a lot of glowing text anywhere. They started it as soon as I said anything to defend WT. Seems they couldn't stand anyone challenging their attacks.

Better be careful, because people may just start noticing you aren't countering any of the arguments or facts I've made.

colinng
  • Reply 74 of 1615
    A bit of background -

Trolls are part of the landscape of the internet, and for whatever reason, they occasionally fixate.

Some context for Rolanbek (pseudonym) - 

His hits began at the start, before any delay in shipment.

He was refunded to resolve his gripes.

He refused the refund.

We preemptively shipped hm a paper check, which he cashed only after a prolonged delay.

He threatened bodily harm to forum members - something about using a TextBlade to impale a body in a somewhat graphically violent manner.

We removed his posting rights.

He jumped over to the macrumors forum, where he could post unchecked.

He stalked, overloaded, impugned the integrity of reporting, and ultimately so spooked the editor, the only option was to end coverage.

And he works with confederate pseudonym id’s too.

Why he does this is unclear.  Why he tries to block others from enjoying the product is unknown.  A proxy for other interests? A hater? Who knows.

As to the questions he lobs now at AI, those are more of same.  A provocation to hassle a writer who happens to like the product.

We gather that it’s likely a competing PR strategy to suppress press coverage of our technology.

Some facts on topic -

- Design HQ is in Santa Monica (Silicon Beach, where William visited).

- Production is in Malaysia.

- Pallets from factory, containing 320 hardware sets per carton, were seen on William’s visit.

- General Release will be held, until new firmware infrastructure tests good for mass release.

- Essentially that new firmware gives us lots of running room to respond to user requests to advance the product, as well as support.

- TextBlade is more computer than switchbox.  The firmware is like apps on your phone.

- You wouldn’t buy a new phone just to get a new app with new functions.

- TextBlade is that kind of platform, so the firmware needs to make lots of new apps easy, without replacing hardware.

- This is unprecedented for a keyboard, but it’s now possible.

So to William, expect rolanbek to at first engage in friendly questioning, but then to drop the hammer and challenge journalistic integrity.

That is his M.O. for a ‘denial of coverage’ attack.  He tries to harangue people to muzzle them.

In macrumors case, he accused an editor of getting paid to write a puff piece for ad dollars.  But macrumors never takes money for advertorials ever.  They farm out all ads to google ads, so the ads are all blind.  

Macrumors didn’t take a dime to report on this new tech, that over time has proved to be indisputably real, and powerful.  That editor told the truth the whole way, and when this guy would not let up with the harassment, the topic was stopped - which was his target. This all occurred before any treg shipments had started.

Trolls exist, so we just acknowledge it and move forward.

There’s lots of customers who need great typing, and the fun part is how happy they are when you deliver it to them. 
    gmaddencolinng
  • Reply 75 of 1615
    One thing you quickly learn about DBK - brevity is not part of his life remit. Words are his thing. He is wordy. It would be great if Textblade would launch, all the words from DBK hasn't made it arrive any faster, sadly. 
    They'll also learn that, while I was give a direct response to the concerns of another poster, you failed to show anything actually wrong with what I posted.
    colinng
  • Reply 76 of 1615
    Waytools,

Again you fail to answer the relevant questions asked here (as well as back on WT forum), such as:

• Were those pallets of textblades shown to William ready to ship?
    • If so, why aren't you shipping them?
    • If not, what's holding up GR?
    • Do you have any updates you'd like to share?
    Can you please answer any of these questions?

alexonlinearkorottleeeh2
  • Reply 77 of 1615
    They'll also learn that, while I was give a direct response to the concerns of another poster, you failed to show anything actually wrong with what I posted.
    The problem is you, DBK, which includes your posts in their entirety. 

If Textblade ever ships, it'll be a miracle. I was one of the first orderers (no Snoke involved unless you count DBK) promised a ship date of just a few weeks, but after two long years, I cancelled - and TWO MORE YEARS have passed since. If Waytools ever ship the Textblade, I'll consider re-ordering, but until then it's vaporware - be warned, unless you want to receive your product in 2029, or take the chance the company won't go broke with your money in the meantime, don't reward this company with your money. 

Wait until they ship first, and even then, wait until people have reported receiving their units in properly working condition first, without the threat of your Textblade able to be bricked by HQ if they ever go down, go out of business or otherwise decide to brick you (which no other keyboard can do, or at least, that I am aware of). 
    leeeh2
  • Reply 78 of 1615
    Ericpeet - maybe have a look at the bullet points in our post, if you like answers more than questions.  Or perhaps your point is to frame knowns as unknowns.

Alexonline - people have already received properly working units.  Since you don’t have an order, and you say it’s vaporware, it’s curious you still spend time on it.

gmaddencolinng
  • Reply 79 of 1615
    Hey Waytools,

This is unbelievable. Your accusations lobbed at Rolanbek is completely lies upon lies. You weren't there at the MacRumors forum, and apparently you haven't read it either. You know how I know? I was there, as was Dabigkahuna. Rolanbek joined a little later. Your accusations are so outlandish, I had to do a double take, go back to the MR forum and review it again.

You said:
    He (Rolanbek) jumped over to the macrumors forum, where he could post unchecked.

He stalked, overloaded, impugned the integrity of reporting, and ultimately so spooked the editor, the only option was to end coverage.

And he works with confederate pseudonym id’s too.

Why he does this is unclear.  Why he tries to block others from enjoying the product is unknown.  A proxy for other interests? A hater? Who knows.

That is his M.O. for a ‘denial of coverage’ attack.  He tries to harangue people to muzzle them.
    In macrumors case, he accused an editor of getting paid to write a puff piece for ad dollars.  But macrumors never takes money for advertorials ever.  They farm out all ads to google ads, so the ads are all blind.  

Macrumors didn’t take a dime to report on this new tech, that over time has proved to be indisputably real, and powerful.  That editor told the truth the whole way, and when this guy would not let up with the harassment, the topic was stopped - which was his target. This all occurred before any treg shipments had started.
    By the time Rolanbek joined, some old-time MR members were accusing Juli Clover of writing essentially promo piece on your company, and he actually tried to protect Juli from that barrage with:

Comment #114: "This is Juli's house show some respect please - Rolanbek"

If you even read any of the posts at all, you'll see Rolanbeck was taking Dabigkahuna to task about what he knew about your delivery, schedules, etc -- for which DBK was more than happy to oblige in his typical mountainous verbose fashion. Never once did Rolanbek accuse Juli of anything, impugn the integrity of reporting, spook the editor.

You even seem to imply that Rolanbek was the reason MR ended coverage with your company. She stated further into the comments that 1) people saying that her piece was somehow a paid promotion was stressing her out and 2) seeing the discrepancies between what you had told her and those thing never materializing had hurt her reputation as well as MR's credibility. And that's why she and the staff decided to end coverage, and as she told Mr. Mims, MacRumors completely cut ties with you.

You know, all the lies and accusations you lob are easily verifiable to be false, by anyone. Why do you create such lies without doing one iota of homework. What were these based on? You weren't there, you don't know. Yet you hurl all these lies. This has to be one of the dumbest and most irresponsible things you done, and that's saying a lot considering your track record of some horrendous lies, accusations and character assassinations.

arkorott
  • Reply 80 of 1615
    Ericpeet - we know a thing or two about this anonymous pseudonym, and other id’s, and the dates for same. You know more about it too.  

The editor’s last post was about the imminent treg shipments (which did ship).  That’s when the gang got flustered, and really amped-up the personal attacks.

This discussion has been closed.