Early reviews of Samsung's $2K Galaxy Fold marred by many broken screens [u]

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    geekmeegeekmee Posts: 629member
    ...Oh yeah, now what’s the problem being solved here, again??
    cornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 62 of 69
    airnerdairnerd Posts: 693member
    And this is the issue you run into when your entire business model is hearing Apple rumors and then playing a game of "FIRST!".

How about waiting to do it right, Samsung?  Apple has figure it out.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 63 of 69
    airnerdairnerd Posts: 693member
    lkrupp said:
    Samsung is first to market with a foldable phone. It’s a work in progress so expect some bumps in the road. Samsung gets a pass on this. You know it’s true. But if this were Apple it would be “DON’T THEY TEST THIS STUFF BEFORE THEY RELEASE IT?"

Yeah Samsung should be put through the ringer for doing production testing.  But they won't.  Someone sits on their phone every day and after a year the metal case starts to bend and the media gets up in arms (note I didn't use "gets bent out of shape" on purpose).  Samsung shows failures on the first day and they are getting a pass.  Disgusting.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 64 of 69
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    “Your folding it wrong.”

They should have released it to reviewers and included a NDA for early feedback.  Then go back and work out the bug infestation.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 65 of 69
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,949member
    williamh said:
    gutengel said:
    BUT, DOES IT EXPLODE?! For 2K it better!!!
    The real question is Does it BLEND?
    only thing it's good for.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 66 of 69
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    k2kw said:
    sflocal said:
    My first thought when I read the headline was "Are people really buying this POS?!"..

Then I realized it was just reviewers, who didn't have to pay for them... thank god!  Seriously... who is the sheep if anyone buys this crap, especially at $2K?

Samsung already is a cesspool occupant as far as I'm concerned, yet even I am surprised that they put out such garbage - and expensive garbage - expecting it to be anywhere near ready for the masses.

I cracked up when Marques Brownlee mistaken part of the screen as a screen protector and ruined the display after attempting to peel it off!  LOL!

Pure shit.  Watch Samsung quietly remove it from market in a few weeks.  But hey, they were first!!! /s
    Samsung is evidently good enough that Apple uses their OLED displays in the X series which they spent years developing.   I hope they become a supplier of folding displays to Apple but it will take at least 5 years.   
    Those displays for Apple use Apple’s technology too. Apple has been working on OLEDs for some time, and has a lot of patents in the area. I believe that folding displays will always have problems. What OLED manufacturers were talking about, for years, were roll-up displays. These are much easier to make, and use. But they don’t seem to be what a consumer would want.
    cornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 67 of 69
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    flydog said:
    lkrupp said:
    Samsung is first to market with a foldable phone. It’s a work in progress so expect some bumps in the road. Samsung gets a pass on this. You know it’s true. But if this were Apple it would be “DON’T THEY TEST THIS STUFF BEFORE THEY RELEASE IT?"
    Except no one has given a Samsung a pass. 
    There’s no way they can get a pass on this. Though Android phones, in general, do get a pass. I don’t remember who it was, but several years someone wrote that Android phones are rated on a curve. It’s true.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 68 of 69
    dsddsd Posts: 186member
    Phonehinge

sphericwatto_cobra
  • Reply 69 of 69
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Samsung are even stealing Apple's sayings and changing it slightly.

You're folding it wrong.
    watto_cobra