Sprint, AT&T reach settlement in lawsuit over rebranding 4G as '5G E'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    MplsP said:
    JWSC said:

Can’t yet figure why anyone needs 5G on a mobile phone - maybe some killer app that some junior high school kid is going to figure out in the next 3 years and become the next multimillionaire.

But I can’t wait for 5G to replace my super duper crappy satellite internet service at home - yes I’m looking at you HughesNet - contract is up in October.  I just need a 5G box for my home network.

And yes, AT&T is lying to y’all.

No one else knows what they’ll use 5G for on their mobile phone, either. I’ve asked multiple times and the best I’ve gotten is a link to a story talking about future, hypothetical uses that really aren’t applicable to mobile phones. That and insults, but if an insult is the best response someone can give to a question it generally means they don’t know the answer. 
    Cavemen said the same about the wheel --- "What would anybody ever use it for?  I can walk there almost as fast"
  • Reply 22 of 24
    dkhaleydkhaley Posts: 57member
    I'm not really sure this is allowed by regulators. If I were to rename a Honda Civic LX  to "Honda Civic Turbo V-8", it would still not be a V-8. I'd expect to get sued for deceptive trade practices.
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 23 of 24
    tommikeletommikele Posts: 599member
    Another failure of the Republican boot licker Pai to do his job and protect consumers of telecommunication services. Pai continues to serve the same masters he always did. Who is signing his paycheck doesn't seem to make any difference.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    dkhaley said:
    I'm not really sure this is allowed by regulators. If I were to rename a Honda Civic LX  to "Honda Civic Turbo V-8", it would still not be a V-8. I'd expect to get sued for deceptive trade practices.
    we live in a post-truth world of alternative facts now.   Try to keep up!   :o