MacBook, MacBook Pro keyboard repairs 'prioritized' for in-store next-day service

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    DuhSesameDuhSesame Posts: 1,278member
    I'll post my experience again, originally from the 16~16.5 inch rumor thread.

I'll say it's more a love-hate relationship because when it works it's great.  Key travel is enough once you adjusted your typing style, which to me better be gentle and quick.  Keycaps can be disassembled with ease once you learned how which way easier than what everyone tries to say.  Two major flaws are reliability and tolerances, I don't need to mention about the first one, but the latter cause some keys click different than others, which is irritating.  Finally, the keyboard can be disassembled from the top case, which means you can take it off and get it completely clean, but that's very time-consuming, to me this is a bit ridiculous.
    muthuk_vanalingamfastasleep
  • Reply 22 of 24
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    henrybay said:
    Instead of prioritising the repairs, Apple should be prioritising the complete redesign of these atrociously bad keyboards. 
    Right, because the same people who repair MacBooks are also simultaneously working in the input engineering department at Apple.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    DuhSesame said:

I'll say it's more a love-hate relationship because when it works it's great.  Key travel is enough once you adjusted your typing style, which to me better be gentle and quick.  Keycaps can be disassembled with ease once you learned how which way easier than what everyone tries to say.  Two major flaws are reliability and tolerances, I don't need to mention about the first one, but the latter cause some keys click different than others, which is irritating.  Finally, the keyboard can be disassembled from the top case, which means you can take it off and get it completely clean, but that's very time-consuming, to me this is a bit ridiculous.
    I haven't had any issues since December when I got mine. I eat around my Mac every day, use it in bars, my cat lies on it, no issues as of yet. Only thing is the middle of my D has partially delaminated, ie the black paint or whatever has come off of have the inner part of the D. Seen that mentioned elsewhere, but obviously that's just a keycap replacement. Still my favorite keyboard to date, going back to the Apple II.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    DuhSesameDuhSesame Posts: 1,278member
    DuhSesame said:

I haven't had any issues since December when I got mine. I eat around my Mac every day, use it in bars, my cat lies on it, no issues as of yet. Only thing is the middle of my D has partially delaminated, ie the black paint or whatever has come off of have the inner part of the D. Seen that mentioned elsewhere, but obviously that's just a keycap replacement. Still my favorite keyboard to date, going back to the Apple II.
    I don't have a real "malfunction" so far, but some keys got stiffer around the corner so I have to clean it.