iPhone XR sequel might gain twin-lens rear camera in 2019

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    jumejume Posts: 209member
    MplsP said:
    chinnian said:
    And therefore, I think Apple really needs to improve the camera to be at least on par with the rest. 
    The Xs camera is on par with the rest. The reviews I've seen have been pretty split on which camera is 'the best,' but after reading several, my take is that no one can complain about the camera in the Xs or the Pixel or the Galaxy S10.
    I don't know what these people evaluate on but some of the best photos I have seen recently came from the new Huawei's!

Nevertheless I think Xr is the best iPhone Apple has made. Battery is just great, so is the screen, and the price is correct!
    edited April 2019
  • Reply 22 of 26

AI_lias said:
    wood1208 said:
    XR with dual back camera, WiFi 6, A13, better antenna is more than worth upgrading to.
    Add a 1080 display, also.
    Why are people so fixated on a TV-centric resolution like 1080p?
    I wish they'd make it 1079, just for fun.
    fastasleep
  • Reply 23 of 26
    yashsharmayashsharma Posts: 7unconfirmed, member
    A better display and competitive pricing will make the iPhone XR sequal an instant hit!
  • Reply 24 of 26
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    I thought video and photographers.liked the single len as it allows for accessory lens? 

• Reply 25 of 26
    Eric_WVGGEric_WVGG Posts: 968member
    I was expecting the second lens on the 10S MAXTREME to be awesome but in practice I never touch it. IMO they should just leave it out of the XR series and drive the price down, but who cares what armchair pundits think…
  • Reply 26 of 26
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    Fatman said:
    1080 (unobstructed by notch) would clinch it. Fastasleep - The reason you would want native 1080 resolution is because it’s a very common video resolution standard. If you watch a 1080 video (movie, YouTube, TV broadcast stream) on a phone with less than 1080 capability, it will scale or crop it - both are not desirable and sacrifice quality. Scaling uses more CPU cycles and power. Cropping it will cause a loss of video content. 
    It doesn't get cropped. While it does get downscaled slightly, you're not going to notice any quality degradation on a 5" screen. It's literally a non-issue.