New aerial Apple Park video shows mystery rainbow stage

Posted:
in General Discussion
New drone footage of Apple Park reveals that the company has erected an unusual "rainbow" stage in the central courtyard, previously unknown outside the company.

Apple Park

Captured at several times of day, the video by Duncan Sinfield shows not just a stage, but crews working on setting up lighting and other equipment. Apple also appears to have cleared out substantial audience space, enough for hundreds of people.

It's not clear when construction began or what the stage is for. One likelihood is that the company is preparing an employees-only concert, something relatively common with rich Silicon Valley corporations looking to motivate workers and keep them loyal. The Valley is infamous for its turnover, since many residents are skilled and experienced enough to have their pick of employers.

It's also possible that Apple is hosting a celebrity talk, however, or a more mundane event such as an internal anniversary or awards ceremony. Will, Jaden, and Jada Smith visited for an environmental event in April.

Apple Park

Drone flights have become less common over Apple Park since its construction was largely completed in early 2018.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 89
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,311member
    Bronies alert!
    Roger_FingasStrangeDays
  • Reply 2 of 89
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,462member
    "erected an unusual 'rainbow'"
    I see what you did there! :smiley: 
  • Reply 3 of 89
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    1) I've Drone Sinfeild's his drone videos.

2) The inside of the ring has really filled out nicely with foliage.
  • Reply 4 of 89
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    I see some various theories floated, but why is the #1 most obvious theory not being mentioned?

It's a very colorful looking rainbow. Probably something to do with some LGBT stuff. That's what I would place my money on if this were a betting game.
    designrrandominternetpersonjbdragon
  • Reply 5 of 89
    Roger_FingasRoger_Fingas Posts: 148member, editor
    apple ][ said:
    I see some various theories floated, but why is the #1 most obvious theory not being mentioned?

It's a very colorful looking rainbow. Probably something to do with some LGBT stuff. That's what I would place my money on if this were a betting game.
    That's also a possibility - there aren't any major LGBT events coming up however.
  • Reply 6 of 89
    apple ][ said:

I'm banking on it being for Lucky Charms Appreciation Day. All the colors of the rainbow.
    gutengeldamn_its_hotmike1
  • Reply 7 of 89
    Not that I pay much attention to these sorts of things, with me being a straight male and all, but those colors are the exact colors of the LGBT flag. I just checked.
    jbdragon
  • Reply 8 of 89
    That's also a possibility - there aren't any major LGBT events coming up however.
    Apple is so big that I suppose that they can just create or hold their own event if they want to.
    jbdragon
  • Reply 9 of 89
    Picture blown up. Same exact colors as LGBT flag.
  • Reply 10 of 89
    Guys, June is Pride month. Apple always celebrates. 
    DAalsethminicoffeechasmcornchip
  • Reply 11 of 89
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,123member
    apple ][ said:
    Time to get your eyes checked. Those are not the colors of the rainbow flag. They are the colors of the Apple logo until 1998.
    edited May 2019 davgregStrangeDaysmattinozdamn_its_hotcornchipradarthekatrandominternetpersontyler82matrix077pscooter63
  • Reply 12 of 89
    sirozhasirozha Posts: 801member
    What are the chances that the rainbow was erected to commemorate the promise that God will never attempt to destroy the world again? 

Nah, it’s a tribute to LGBTQ. Gay propaganda on campus. Don’t like it? Then resign!
  • Reply 13 of 89
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,123member
    apple ][ said:
    Not that I pay much attention to these sorts of things, with me being a straight male and all, but those colors are the exact colors of the LGBT flag. I just checked.
    Check again.
    Solicornchiptyler82
  • Reply 14 of 89
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    When's Pride Month again? June? It's a bit early, but they might be getting a headstart on proceedings.
  • Reply 15 of 89
    flydog said:
    Time to get your eyes checked. Those are not the colors of the rainbow flag. They are the colors of the Apple logo until 1998.
    You're right about that. It is the same as the old Apple logo.

caladanianradarthekatrandominternetpersonpscooter63
  • Reply 16 of 89
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Are we all voyeurs now?
  • Reply 17 of 89
    apple ][ said:
    [image]
    The LGBT flag follows a natural rainbow. This does not, but I know something that did have this color scheme.
    edited May 2019 cornchipradarthekattyler82
  • Reply 18 of 89
    melodyof1974melodyof1974 Posts: 113member

Steve Wozniak is throwing another US Festival.

Can't wait for Triumph to reunite.
    cornchip
  • Reply 19 of 89
    Soli said:
    apple ][ said:
    [image]
    The LGBT flag follows a natural rainbow. This does not.
    They both incorporate the same 6 colors, but the order is different. You're right.

It matches up with the old Apple logo.
    edited May 2019 radarthekat
  • Reply 20 of 89
    apple ][ said:

Friday, May 17 is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia. So that’s a possibility.
    randominternetperson