Newest iPhone XR ad promises that 'you'll lose power before it will'

Posted:
in iPhone
Apple this weekend released a new ad for the iPhone XR, "Up Late," this time using battery life as its key selling point.

iPhone XR

The spot features the song "Stay Awake" by Julie Andrews, and depicts people like a parking attendant and a new father struggling to stay conscious. "The longest battery life in an iPhone ever," text claims, adding that "You'll lose power before it will."

In specifications Apple says that the XR's battery should last longer than even the iPhone XS Max, offering up to an hour of extra video playback or two hours of internet access. That's in part because it uses a 1,792-by-828-pixel LCD, whereas the XS line's OLED panels start at 2,436-by-1,125.

The XR is widely believed to be the bestselling 2018 iPhone model, allegedly outselling any other smartphone in North America during the March quarter. It starts at $749 in the U.S., a full $250 less than the XS before any discounts or trade-in credit.

Apple is reportedly working on a successor for this fall, which should include upgrades like a faster processor, a dual-lens rear camera, and possibly new colors.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    The XR is the model with no Force Touch, right?
    albegarc
  • Reply 2 of 6
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    The XR is the model with no Force Touch, right?
    Correct, it does not have 3D Touch.
    albegarcRoger_FingaschiaSpamSandwich
  • Reply 3 of 6
    n2itivguyn2itivguy Posts: 103member
    Love my XR. Feels way more durable than my 7+ I’d upgraded from. Sometimes miss 3D Touch, but would like to see more with Haptic Touch. The XR is by far my most favorite iPhone. 
    albegarc
  • Reply 4 of 6
    techsavytechsavy Posts: 34member
    I love how the XR feels, especially with the longer lasting battery. The screen is also a bit larger than the XS and if helps alot for videos and just general websurfing.
    albegarc
  • Reply 5 of 6
    racerhomie3racerhomie3 Posts: 1,264member
    I don’t care about Battery life that much.My iPhone SE gets through my day with good use. That’s why I plan to get an iPhone X & iPad Pro 11’ within 2021.
    albegarc