any idea if apple will offer their Mac OS X jaguar training for sale on cd?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i have been playing with this on my .mac account and i love it...yes it is simple...yes i knew how to do much of this already...but it is very well done and i did learn a couple of pearls i had not known before...this would be perfect for the three people i switched from pc's in the last month...but none of them have .mac as of yet...i would love to buy them a copy to use at home as it would be great for newbies to os X....(this should actually come with all new macs)...any thoughts on when or if this will be for sale from apple (or is it already and i am too dim to find it?)

thanks g

mmmmm organish smilie

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    can you tell us some examples; preferably those you didn't knew...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    hey, i'm not proud....

one: can change the background of any window (like the apps folder background) from white to whatever i want....it is a little thing, but looked cool...could easily be done too much, but would be nice on one or two folders to make them stand out.

two: we have two iMacs on airport in different rooms...one printer is older and doesn't do color well, so we use it for B&W and the other for all color printing...i learned how to share the color printer over the airport line so we only need one good printer...opens up space in the daughter's room by getting rid of an old printer...

three (kinda): file sharing...yes i knew how to do it, but never felt too comfortable with it...but i liked the walk through apple showed and will probably play with file sharing more often between the household computers (of course we will need less file sharing now that i have printer sharing)

four: lots of little short cuts

five: Go in menu bar...don't think i ever looked at it before (lazy, silly me)...gonna play with that when i get home

basically it is a great little tutorial that should be given to all switchers and to us other users who are old and don't alway think to play with every link or button...

g
  • Reply 3 of 6
    That "Go" menu must be the most useless menu ever, like a "Start" menu on hunger strike.. IMNSHO... Any good items you may need there, you put somewhere more universally accessible. At least that's my experience.

I ramble..
  • Reply 4 of 6
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    I've just started using the Go menu of late, and it's becoming integrated in my workflow, though I wish the Finder wouldn't pop a new window open every time I swicth to it through the Dock...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    I like the Go menu for what it is, and I use it for a few things.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    I like the Go menu for what it is, and I use it for a few things.