Here are all the receivers and speakers that are getting AirPlay 2

Comments

• Reply 41 of 65
    IanS said:
    Hoping ONKYO jumps on board soon.
    We'll update when we hear anything about it.
    I've got the TX RZ800 from a couple of years ago and it works with Airplay 2 - at least it shows up as an output on all my iPhones and Macs and automatically turns on and off when I select it, and can adjust volume etc. It's been working that way for months. I did a hardware update at some point, so that was probably it....seems to disappear from every few weeks, then  I just cycle the receiver and its back. Otherwise awesome.

Note it doesn't appear on any of the official apple or crutch field lists anywhere as airplay 2....weird they wouldn't advertise it.
  • Reply 42 of 65
    Pioneer/Onkyo just updated a few of their receivers that are not included in this article. I have the SX-S30 (great little unit btw) and just downloaded the new firmware. It now has airplay 2 and works beautifully with the HomePod. From their press release: AV Network Receiver VSX-S520, VSX-LX103, VSX-LX303, VSX-LX503 Network Stereo Receiver SX-S30
    edited April 2019 jib
  • Reply 43 of 65
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    I'm now of an age and place where I should be shedding stuff instead of accumulating it. This also means that high-end audio is no longer a major consideration, and good audio is good enough, for the most part.

I really like the look of the current Denon and Marantz gear. If my gear was old enough to have some vintage collector value, I'd consider selling and getting some AP2 capable gear. The ability to have Siri play music in multiple selected rooms, and especially move music to the room I'm headed to is a huge draw for me.
  • Reply 44 of 65
    Very lame Yamaha is not adding AP2 support to the TSR-5790 which already supports AirPlay 1 and Musiccast!  :(  
  • Reply 45 of 65
    j2fusionj2fusion Posts: 153member
    The First Alert Onelink Safe & Sound smoke detectors I bought almost a year ago were supposed to get Airplay 2.  Still waiting :(
  • Reply 46 of 65
    Any word from Integra (Onkyo) about AirPlay 2 compatibility in any of their products? I have reached out to them but haven't heard anything back. My receiver is AirPlay compatible but AirPlay 2 would be much better.
  • Reply 47 of 65
    bonobobbonobob Posts: 382member
    It's May now, and I'm still waiting for Yamaha's "April" updates.  They are nowhere to be seen on their website.
  • Reply 48 of 65
    jdgazjdgaz Posts: 403member
    Marantz still denies that the SR6011 is Airplay2 compatible.

• Reply 49 of 65
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 1,989member
    Still waiting on the Yamaha updates that were supposed to happen a few weeks ago. I submitted a question to their online support, but haven't gotten a response. Does anyone at AI have any insight on the apparent delay for Airplay 2 updates?

In fact, searching Yamaha's firmware updates download page with the various model numbers listed that were supposed to get updates in April yields zero of them having received the update so far. What gives?

edited May 2019
  • Reply 50 of 65
    Very lame Yamaha is not adding AP2 support to the TSR-5790 which already supports AirPlay 1 and Musiccast!  :(  
    On the other hand, if you had one of the devices for which they have announced Airplay 2, you would still be waiting for the "April" update, just like I am.
  • Reply 51 of 65
    Yamaha AirPlay 2 update rolled out this evening.  
  • Reply 52 of 65
    AppleZulu said:
    Not on the US, UK, or German sites.  Where did you find it?
  • Reply 53 of 65
    bonobob said:
    AppleZulu said:
    I was prompted by the device to do the update. 
    bonobob
  • Reply 54 of 65
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    IanS said:
    Hoping ONKYO jumps on board soon.
    We'll update when we hear anything about it.
    Mike, it already been announced 

https://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/articles/onkyo-launches-apple-airplay-2-support-in-spring-2019-155131.html

This is not a complete list, it appears they only showing the devices on this page which can be upgrade, and the 2019 AV systems also support Airplay 2.
    edited May 2019
  • Reply 55 of 65
    sabugasabuga Posts: 45member
    The Bose SoundTouch devices are on the list in the article, but I can't see anything about it on Bose's website. They don't have AirPlay 1, so I'd be surprised if they'll be getting AirPlay 2. I own the 30, and just use it via an AirPort Express in to get AirPlay going on it. 
  • Reply 56 of 65
    jeffharrisjeffharris Posts: 776member
    The KEF LSX wireless bookshelf speakers are scheduled to get an AirPlay 2 update on June 3rd.
    They have wi-fi and Bluetooth as well as optical and analogue (3.5mm mini jack) inputs.

https://www.kefdirect.com/speakers/computer-speakers/digital-hifi-speakers-lsx-wireless-speakers.html

I picked up a pair a few weeks ago and immediately added a 10" KEF Kube 10b subwoofer. Nice little speakers and they're available in 5 colors.
    They're connected to my wi-fi network and are controlled with an iOS app. It works pretty well. The sound is great!

• Reply 57 of 65
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    mbenz1962 said:
    Boom! Just like that there is a market for AirPort Express again.  People that have nice speakers that aren't getting AirPlay 2 can add it for about $30-$50 if they go trolling on eBay.
    With all the issues about routers being hacked there should be a call for Apple to reenter the networking market with secure, high performance equipment. Rene Ritchie at iMore is calling for just that.
  • Reply 58 of 65
    AppleZulu said:
    bonobob said:
    AppleZulu said:
    I was prompted by the device to do the update. 
    The update eventually showed up on their site after about a couple weeks, but I was never prompted to update by the device itself.  It installed slowly but successfully.
  • Reply 59 of 65
    j2fusion said:
    The First Alert Onelink Safe & Sound smoke detectors I bought almost a year ago were supposed to get Airplay 2.  Still waiting :(
    Email their support. Ask to be part of their beta. They will push the upgrade to your device. Works great with AirPlay 2. 
  • Reply 60 of 65
    bolen mac said:
    j2fusion said:
    Email their support. Ask to be part of their beta. They will push the upgrade to your device. Works great with AirPlay 2. 
    Don’t do it. Being ‘part of their beta’ is not like joining the VIP Club to get special treatment, and it would be particularly dumb to do this with smoke detectors.

As a general matter, it is it inadvisable for regular consumers to seek out beta-testing software just to get it early.  Beta software is literally an unfinished product, and beta testers are volunteer guinea pigs who will report the details when the software has a bug or completely crashes. Beta testers will usually run the beta software on redundant or non-critical devices because of the very real possibility that the software will crash and destroy data or otherwise hobble the device.

So ‘getting in early’ and asking for beta software on your smoke detectors seems like a particularly bad idea. The fact that a public release of Airplay 2 on these smoke detectors seems delayed could mean that there really are significant unresolved problems with the software. Putting beta software on smoke detectors could mean that they might potentially fail in some way when there’s a fire. Knowingly volunteering for that would not only indemnify the smoke detector manufacturer from any liability in such a failure, but it could also conceivably invalidate your homeowners or renters insurance as well. They may not be obligated to pay out if they find out you volunteered to risk the failure of your smoke detectors.