Apple denied warranty for secondhand users and need proof of purchase

Posted:
in General Discussion
We have a mobile devices shop in Vietnam and provide services for customers. There are phones from our customers and phones that we collect from other shops. They are still under warranty and cannot be serviced by the Apple Authorised Service Provider Vietnam, we often send the phones to Australia where we have resources for servicing. Due to the high volume of the phones (around 100 phones per month), we are seeking for the solution from AppleCare. However, whenever we call AppleCare, different supporters give different methods, all end up with no solution or asking for proof of purchase for all the phones. The fact is that, for the Vietnam market, we generally buy secondhand phones from USA or online without proof of purchase. Last week, when I call AppleCare, one of the adviser told me that the warranty policy does not cover for secondhand phones.  And they need proof of purchase for all the phones. However, when we check the phones coverage from apple website, they are still under warranty and all legal phones. We are thinking about applying to become an Apple Authorised Service Provider, but we don't meet all the requirements from Apple.
I have read the policy from Apple and they specify that the warranty only cover for the end users, not for people who want to do middle service like us. But the customers cannot send the phone abroad for warranty by themselves. I see a very unfair policy here. 
Can anyone help me to find the solution for the phones? 

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    1st1st Posts: 443member
    It is common practice in the industry.   Your shop should be aware of those rules before get into business. Contact your own legal for details. 
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    We have a mobile devices shop in Vietnam and provide services for customers. There are phones from our customers and phones that we collect from other shops. They are still under warranty and cannot be serviced by the Apple Authorised Service Provider Vietnam, we often send the phones to Australia where we have resources for servicing. Due to the high volume of the phones (around 100 phones per month), we are seeking for the solution from AppleCare. However, whenever we call AppleCare, different supporters give different methods, all end up with no solution or asking for proof of purchase for all the phones. The fact is that, for the Vietnam market, we generally buy secondhand phones from USA or online without proof of purchase. Last week, when I call AppleCare, one of the adviser told me that the warranty policy does not cover for secondhand phones.  And they need proof of purchase for all the phones. However, when we check the phones coverage from apple website, they are still under warranty and all legal phones. We are thinking about applying to become an Apple Authorised Service Provider, but we don't meet all the requirements from Apple.
    I have read the policy from Apple and they specify that the warranty only cover for the end users, not for people who want to do middle service like us. But the customers cannot send the phone abroad for warranty by themselves. I see a very unfair policy here. 
    Can anyone help me to find the solution for the phones? 
    The bolded part is your problem. Fix that, and part of your problem goes away.