This just feels wrong.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone else in the same dilemma as I am? I'm sitting watching the NCAA tourney, pulling for an upset to happen while we're at war. I'm actually in awe that I could care about the tourney when there are many people on the verge of death. How did I get to be so insenstive? Hell, I'm a freakin' psychologist for god's sake....

And then, to top it off, I was mad when they cut away to tell us that a helicopter had crashed and 16 US and British soldiers had died. Not that I'm feeling very sympathetic to either side in this ridiculous war, but still...

complacent.org - that's where I need to be right now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    our room fell silent... 6 people... a good mix, 3 girls 3 guys.. 4 for 2 against... 5/6 were really watching the game, and were upset when it was interrupted... but when they found ot why... it was a completely different tone...

\

• Reply 2 of 4
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    Let us all observe a min silence.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    I've done neither (NCAA / War)

I just got back from convicting a man of two felonies.

(Jury Duty)
  • Reply 4 of 4
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stunned

Let us all observe a min silence.

Are you going to indulge yourself with a minute of silence per a child's death too?

Soldiers are food for war. It's only normal that soldiers die in a war, especially in an unjust one. Better think about the kids they are bombing.