Best Browser for PC

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
For the PC I would say IE 6 SR1. That thing is bloddy fast on a PC and is especially fast on my sisters Sony Notebook. For the Mac, I would say Safari and Camino. Safari is really comparable to IE 6, especially in cache loading.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    I agree. IE 6 is really fast on the PC.

As for the Mac, Navigator is still the fastest, even though I use Safari as it provides a better surfing experience.

Speed is not everything.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I avoid MSIE just on principle. I use Mozilla when I need to use a PC (which is thankfully not too often)
  • Reply 3 of 8
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    IE6 is a speed demon on my PC, definitely faster than either Safari or IE on my Mac.

Pages open practically instantaneously where om my Mac there's always a delay even if it is short it makes web browsing on my PC seem much faster.

Funny thing is my Mac sits right next to my Airport and my PC is upstairs in the den.

I hope by the time Safari is out of its beta stage it will have speed improvements.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    After getting my PC up and running about a week ago, I've used a number of browsers and I've settled on Mozilla 1.3. Phoenix is WAY too unstable, Opera is extremely complex, and I don't use IE basically because it's what MS wants you to use. Well... I keep IE around but I don't really use it. Anyway, IE can't even block popup windows, something that has been present in almost every other browser for years now. It is an ok browser but it just doesn't cut it. Also, Mozilla for Windows and Mac is very similar so it provides some familiarity.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    IE6 really is fast, but I prefer using Phoenix because it has tabs.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    weird...what happend to my first post?

i need block up popper that is the most important
  • Reply 7 of 8
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    I use Phoenix almost exclusively on Windows, except for the occasional site that won't load where I need to use IE. It's very stable for me... I forget what nightly build I'm using though, haven't grabbed a nightly build for a month probably.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

weird...what happend to my first post?

Maybe you are using IE 6.