Savant rolls out HomeKit support including circuit breaker control

Posted:
in iPhone edited November 2019
Smarthome brand Savant on Tuesday announced Apple HomeKit support across multiple products, including its Circuit Breaker Companion Module, claimed to be the first-ever HomeKit product to control breakers.

Savant HomeKit Hail Paemon

The Companion Module handles loads of up to 30 amps and connects to Savant's control modules. Through the company's mobile apps, owners can both make adjustments and monitor power consumption, though automatic control of the modules is also an option.

HomeKit support extends to the complete Savant lighting ecosystem. That includes Smart Bulbs, DMX LED Light Strips, DMX and 0-10V light fixtures, plus third-party lighting linked to DMX or 0-10V controllers that work with the system.

The upgrade will allow people to group Savant products with any other HomeKit devices in scenes and automations, as well as to control them via the Apple Home app or through Siri commands.

Savant HomeKit

Savant didn't immediately offer prices, since the company typically pairs with dealers that conduct professional installations rather than dealing with consumers directly.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,564member
    Wow. I never even imagined HomeKit circuit breakers. That’s imaginative. Do they insert into existing breaker sockets or is it the whole breaker box that needs to be installed? I’m guessing the latter. Someone should invent the former. Either way, they had me at “Hello.”
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    captmarkcaptmark Posts: 41member
    It's a shame that this company only sell to dealers. I like I believe most are doing this a few pieces at a time. I am happy with the iDevices products but would gladly try this but I will never call a contractor to install a couple switches. After all isn't that what Homekit is about, being able to DIY?
    watto_cobrabyronl
  • Reply 3 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Amazing.  I didn't see this one coming.  I was sure the Leviton Load Center would be the first with HomeKit support 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    HishHish Posts: 1member
    Wow. I never even imagined HomeKit circuit breakers. That’s imaginative. Do they insert into existing breaker sockets or is it the whole breaker box that needs to be installed? I’m guessing the latter. Someone should invent the former. Either way, they had me at “Hello.”
    The devices fit in common Schneider load centres. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,564member
    Hish said:
    The devices fit in common Schneider load centres. 
    Oh, thanks. I googled that and it looks like what I have in my 6 year old house. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    dkhaleydkhaley Posts: 57member
    captmark said:
    It's a shame that this company only sell to dealers. I like I believe most are doing this a few pieces at a time. I am happy with the iDevices products but would gladly try this but I will never call a contractor to install a couple switches. After all isn't that what Homekit is about, being able to DIY?
    A light switch is DIY. Most people would consider changing circuit breakers beyond that.
    watto_cobra