Apple plans new 16- to 16.5-inch MacBook Pro in 2019 aimed at pro designers

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 104
    DuhSesameDuhSesame Posts: 1,278member
    henrybay said:

From my experiences though, most talks about the butterfly keyboard I've found so far are way hypocritical.  I'll say it's more a love-hate relationship because when it works it's great.  Key travel is enough once you adjusted your typing style, which to me better be gentle and quick.  Keycaps can be disassembled with ease once you learned how which way easier than what everyone tries to say.  Two major flaws are reliability and tolerances, I don't need to mention about the first one, but the latter cause some keys click different than others, which is irritating.  Finally, the keyboard can be disassembled from the top case, which means you can take it off and get it completely clean, but that's very time-consuming, to me this is a bit ridiculous.
    It’s true you can get used to the shallow travel of butterfly keyboards, just like you can get used to cramped airline seats. But it’s much harder to make this adjustment after you’ve tried business class seats. The contrast is stark. For example, if you want to be reminded just how bad Apple’s butterfly keyboards are, try typing on a Lenovo X1 Carbon for a few minutes and then return to the MacBook. The X1 offers a deeply satisfying, tactile experience with good key travel - whereas the MacBook feels like typing on a kitchen counter. It feels dead to the touch. 

I have an older MacBook Air which has a great keyboard, and I certainly won’t be upgrading to a newer model until Apple completely redesigns its keyboards. 
    I saw the travel as a difference, not a compromise.  When you moved from familiar to something new, it takes time, hence why I said “adjusting”.
  • Reply 102 of 104
    Arne VimanArne Viman Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Even a 17 inch is realistic given how mechanical advances today allow the actual display to extend close to the physical width of the case. So it could be more compact than the original 17inch in width height and *much* thinner/lighter. Time has come for a realization with today's technology.
  • Reply 103 of 104
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,418member
    cpavilla said:
    As an accountant, miss the 10 key on the 17" MBP.  Haven't bought an Apple MBP since, for obvious reasons. 
    There was no 10 key on the 17" MBP... 
    Soli