What to expect at 2019 WWDC: macOS 10.15, and maybe the Mac Pro

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,700member
    bitmod said:
    lkrupp said:
    Problem is when tech blogs predict something and it doesn’t happen everybody goes ballistic. If the Mac Pro isn’t announced or at least mentioned the whole Internet will blow up. Apple will announce the Mac Pro when Apple decides it’s ready to, not because of pressure or expectations based on rumors or pundit predictions. Apple was pressured to say something about the Mac Pro line last year because of all the hoopla and frenzy. What we DON’T want is a new Mac Pro released before it’s ready that turns out to be a Samsung Fold debacle.

Dude... the internet isn’t just going to blow up. They don’t show the Mac Pro and the stock is going to take a huge hit. No question. They haven’t been honest and strung people along for 5 years now. Business isn’t going to keep waiting indefinitely. They have already hemorrhaged a huge chunk of the market. If they don’t show the new Mac Pro - there isn’t going to be much of a reason for them to ever.
    Phil Schiller did say the Mac Pro is a 2019 product. They could wait until the Fall & announce the Mac Pro then along with the official release of macOS 10.15.  That usually happens some time in October.
    cornchip
  • Reply 22 of 26
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    I really like dashboard and use it daily :-(

Me too! Although I figured it was on it's way out when they introduced the "Today"/"Notifications" sidebar. I mainly use it for a unit conversion app and taking quick notes with stickies, maybe there's a replacement conversion app designed for the side bar. I can migrate any stickies to notes.
    edited May 2019
  • Reply 23 of 26
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,254member
    I think that the Mac Pro should have its own special event, maybe a little more directly aimed at, dare I say, “Pro” users. It’s been awhile since an Apple Event has really knocked my socks off. 
  • Reply 24 of 26
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    hexclock said:
    I think that the Mac Pro should have its own special event, maybe a little more directly aimed at, dare I say, “Pro” users. It’s been awhile since an Apple Event has really knocked my socks off. 
    In your dreams.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    M68000M68000 Posts: 727member
    Would be nice if enough developers and users insist that the startup chime for Macs be brought back.  As much as I like the new 2018 Air, I miss that chime...I know you will say it doesn't matter but it gave Macs character, distinction, karma, whatever you want to call it..    I guess Tim Cook had a Mac with the chime?  I wonder what his thoughts are on it..
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 26 of 26
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Threadripper 3 Mac Pro...!