Scenes from WWDC 2019 -- Apple's swag for attendees and the convention center

Posted:
in General Discussion
It's the eve of the World Wide Developers Conference and AppleInsider is on the ground! Today is the day that Apple pre-registers attendees, and hands out their swag bags, and we couldn't wait to show you what was in ours.

Apple has continued the longstanding tradition of giving out pins to convention attendees. Our set includes five magnetic pins, a sleek black Apple logo, a "hello" pin, a Tim Cook Memoji, a "Call me!" hand sign, and a mind-blown skull.

This year also includes a slick-looking reversible windbreaker-style jacket, one side a solid black and the other a vibrant red, covered in emoji, Memoji, and doodles. These jackets are also available in blue and orange.

Apple's WWDC workers, generally pulled from retail stores across the U.S., greet early registrants to the event.

A Valley Transit Authority train pulls up to the convention center, dropping off attendees who are eager to get a first look at what Apple has in store.

This year we're expecting to hear about iOS 13 which is likely to include a much anticipated dark mode and updated fitness features. WatchOS 6 will likely see new faces and complications, as well as a stand-alone App Store. We also may hear news on the Mac Pro.

AppleInsider will be reporting live throughout WWDC 2019, starting with the keynote on Monday, June 3. Get every announcement as it happens by downloading the AppleInsider app for iOS, and by making sure to follow us on YouTube, Twitter @appleinsider, Facebook and Instagram.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Long standing tradition of giving out pins at wwdc?  I’ve not been since 2015, and they did not give out pins that year.  
  • Reply 2 of 8
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,371member
    The black Apple logo is intriguing. Could that be linked to a new Mac Pro? 
    kurai
  • Reply 3 of 8
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,573member
    dewme said:
    Interesting idea. But the previous Mac Pro was dark. Its logo was lighter than the black colour but was darker than your average logo.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Phobos7Phobos7 Posts: 63member
    It really looks and sounds exciting, I’m going to hope that iOS13 gets major mention and those black pins really rock!
    claire1
  • Reply 5 of 8
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    fun times we live in!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    Is that a Tim Cook emoji, or a Warren Buffett emoji?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    kimberlykimberly Posts: 429member
    dewme said:
    Interesting idea. But the previous Mac Pro was dark. Its logo was lighter than the black colour but was darker than your average logo.
    IOS 13 dark mode perhaps?
    tenthousandthings
  • Reply 8 of 8
    zhtfreakzhtfreak Posts: 31member
    I don't know why, but I always find stuff like this interesting. Good on you for including a little bit of descriptive text for those of us who can't see it, instead of just posting pics. Hmmmm.... now I'm curious what kind of stuff like this they've given out in the past.