Apple suffered from limited Apple Music, App Store outages [u]

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited December 2019
Starting at about 8 A.M. Eastern Time and continuing for about four hours, some Apple saw outages in Apple Music, and the App Stores for both macOS and iOS. [Updated with resolution]

Users impacted aren't seeing just slowdowns, but complete unavailability of the services. A new listing on the page is "Radio," likely the 100,000 streaming radio stations that Apple added for iOS 13 and the HomePod during Monday's WWDC keynote speech.

Complaints about the outages on DownDetector are listed in roughly the same locations that Sunday's Google service outages were reported, but this may have more to do with the hour. At the time of this report, it is 9:40 Eastern Time, making it 6:40 in California.

The Google-related outages on Sunday were listed as less than 1% of users being impacted. Tuesday's outages are just saying that "some users are affected."

Apple has not yet responded to AppleInsider queries about the matter.

Update: Apple says that App Store, Apple Music, and Radio outages began at 8:06 a.m. Eastern time, and were resolved around 11:13 a.m.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tjwolftjwolf Posts: 424member
    I just got done with my 40min commute (9-9:40am EST) and tried Siri unsuccessfully 4-5 times.  So Siri is definitely also affected.
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mobirdmobird Posts: 753member
    Was doing a search on the app store, I continue to receive the message that "unable to connect" and that I should "retry". This was as most recently as 10:30 AM CST.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,212member