The Empire Strikes Back

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Are americans comfortable with becoming an empire? Military presence and foreign govt control around the globe, no longer hidden but out in the open and more pervasive and aggressive than ever.

The american govt has a grand plan, but are americans comfortable with it? (remember them, the 300 million that dont live in a bunker and do have family in the army)

Here is a link to the plan:

Liberty Cabbage

Here is a link to an opinion piece on said plan:

Sauerkraut

sorry, i dont have an opinion thats publishable, but lets discuss this in the sense that Empires have come and gone throughout world history, always with violent endings. is this a wise path?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CheapFrag

sorry, i dont have an opinion thats publishable, but lets discuss this in the sense that Empires have come and gone throughout world history, always with violent endings. is this a wise path?

Believe me, if you haven't anything to say about it then this thread'll drop like a 21,000lb daisy cutter in this forum.

Me? I have nothing. I'm worn out with the debates and shit. We (American citizens) are powerless right now. The last election proved that.

These sites are just that...web sites that promote each others views...and I couldn't care a less...
  • Reply 2 of 15
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Empire is my favorite Star Wars movie. Hands down.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Return of the Jedi sucked.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    Clone of the Attack coming to a Tv screen near you!
  • Reply 5 of 15
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    The Empire Strikes Black was a cool album, but I prefered It Takes a Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back.

Jeff
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Anyways, I'll be out at the local noon rally tomorrow at olympic square doing some chanting, maybe have some punch. kinda like a cult meeting except we dont die after drinking it (just some unlucky arabs in a stupid desert where there is nowhere to get a good half-caf- double-mocha or get your bmw washed properly).

Have many of you been to the middle east before? Are any who were raised or live in the middle east now willing to comment on this. I've lived in the persian gulf (pre-9/11) and was able to meet people from all over the middle east: qatar, uae, bahrain, saudi arabia, iran, iraq, and more. Its another world altogether, completely different belief system. And of course thats just a generalization as between each middle eastern nation there are extreme variations as well. But one thing is for sure, its not something a Starbucks and Baby Gap in Bhagdad can cure. Yet the u.s. empire and its 'expansion/war' will be paving the way for 'new markets' that the faltering mismanaged american corporations so desperately need.

Its all outlined in the link I provided at the start of this topic, shaping the political climate so it is friendly to the US, key US resources, and US interests (read corporations: remember Bill Gates in Africa: we want to get the africans up to speed with technology, ie sell them computers and software). Liberty Cabbage

otherwise, props to GWB. Maybe I'll invent a hilarious refridgerator magnet and cash in on selling millions to people in Ameraq, "its scudweiser time" or something like that.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Ugnaughts are funny.

But scary too.

And they have cool little iBooks, did you ever notice that?

Their blue bibs are soft too.

I think they talk like Watson from Sherlock Holmes.

Except like pigs would do.

And they like their jobs.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    does that mean they've got ATAT Walkers in this episode!?! cool.

civilian 6 legged walking machines have been clearing forests for a while.

imagine troopers bailing out of these and a couple of turrets on top

click for movies

• Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

does that mean they've got ATAT Walkers in this episode!?! cool.

civilian 6 legged walking machines have been clearing forests for a while.

imagine troopers bailing out of these and a couple of turrets on top

click for movies

Man, that thing is SLOW! And no firepower? WTF?!
  • Reply 10 of 15
    armed like the ED209 might be cool, and the plustech harvester is a couple of years old by now... i'm sure there are faster ones being deployed to hoth -er- iraq.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Sometimes Ugnaughts have Ugnaught parties.

Ugnaughts like scotch very much.

Most Ugnaughts first name is "Scotty".

They wear very small Hushpuppies brand walking shoes.

Ugnaughts walk A LOT.

Never ask an Ugnaught about Kindergarten. Ever.

Ugnaughts dance like Charlie Sheen on fire.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Sometime Ugnaughts use their "inside voices" but mostly they do not.

One time an Ugnaught held my hand.

Ugnaughts know how to bowl like BASTARDS!

Dan Rather fell in love with an Ugnaught one time. Drunk again.

Ugnaughts prefer drinking Venti Caffe Valencia's at Starbucks, but they know that you have to ask for that since it's not listed on the board.

Ugnaughts don't like Scottish people.

Daschunds will chase down and hump the leg of Ugnaughts. They love them.

Boba Fett used to date an Ugnaught but she bit him. BAD.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Return of the Jedi sucked.

Yeah but I read somewhere that the Ewoks were supposed to be Wookies at one point. Now that might have been better... unless you remember that bad tv program with Chewbacca.

-----------

I-bent-my-wookie... I wasn't born in Iraq. But this guy was.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by dviant

[B]Yeah but I read somewhere that the Ewoks were supposed to be Wookies at one point. Now that might have been better... unless you remember that bad tv program with Chewbacca.

-----------

or you visit http://shavenwookie.com

and ewok is an anagram of wookie, isn't it.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Ugnaughts LOVE the Star Wars Holiday special.

Ugnaughts favorite comedians are Harvey Korman and Tim Conway.

Sometimes Ugnaughts like to talk about how good Art Carney was in that special.

There's an Ugnaught that lives near me who named his Mylorki Beast "Harvey Korman".

I don't own any exotic pets.