The TextBlade keyboard is superb, but you'll have to be patient

Comments

• Reply 1441 of 1615
    alexonlinealexonline Posts: 241member
    Rolanbek said:
    A few points for those that are 1400 posts deep into this rabbit hole but were not present over the last 4 years for key events:

12. This isn't the DBK thread it's the Textblade thread.
    13. It is not possible to discuss anything of any worth in a place where DBK is actively posting, with the exception of muting him.
    14. The author of the piece here has not responded to any questions set out in this thread. 
    R

Amen.

True dat...
    Times infinity plus infinity plus one. 
  • Reply 1442 of 1615
    RolanbekRolanbek Posts: 81member
    *breaks into Gregorian chanting*

R
    alexonline
  • Reply 1443 of 1615
    TextBladeDenied said:

First off, what's the "LOL!" about exactly?

Second, an expiring token is equivalent to a kill switch, as they could at any time trigger the kill via an invalid token or other methods to that effect.

Saying the treg testers are bribed is the same thing as saying that testers cannot say what they really think about Mark Knighton or the company or its unethical business practices. Either way, its a restriction of speech.

It would be nice if a Treg tester spoke up.
    1. Because some people think it is inappropriate to have an NDA or a way to stop an item from working when testing. Because any business will have an NDA and, in case a thief gets into Treg or someone steals a Treg unit, it needs to be shut down to protect the business.

2. I don't care if they seem the same to you or not. It is appropriate that it exists.

3. I've said anything I want about the problems with WT. But you need to assume we are afraid to, so you can write off anything anyone says - people who actually know more about this than you do - instead of making sensible counter arguments.

4. I've spoken up a bunch of times just recently! Just because I don't make a bunch of assumptions like you do doesn't change that. But it is interesting that even though I've spoken up against some things WT does or doesn't do, you still pretend none have!

#2 is a perfect example of why you are so despised for your generally dishonest approach to discussion, much like Mark Knighton. It seems that you now acknowledge there is a kill switch but just want to argue that it is 'appropriate'. Previously you argued that there is no kill switch to support the position that a Treg tester could speak freely without fear of Mark Knighton remotely bricking the device. So you acknowledge you lost on that point (it's all win-lose when talking to you).

Also, I agreed with you that if a Treg tester signs up for testing and signs an NDA, then it is appropriate:

>They can kill it at anytime. Ok, if you agree to do that (you are not forced to do that), then so be it.
    >But then - DO NOT EVER SAY that you are 'shipping to customers', when what you are really doing is
    >LENDING unfinished prototype devices to public beta testers with the agreement that they do not own
    >the device and must return it if Waytools demands it.

But of course you skipped the latter portion of my point - that Mark Knighton routinely and blatantly lies to the public at large by publishing phrases that insinuate the company is widely shipping completed products to its customers, when in fact they have shipped absolutely nothing in over 4+ years except remotely brickable prototype loaner devices to a small group (131) of testers under NDA.

It is always the points Kahuna ignores which must be repeated. Kahuna does not like the truth, so he just skips the bits that inconveniently detract from his narrative.

Re #4, you told Waytools it 'bugs you' that they missed the latest deadline. Wow. Stern criticism man. You acknowledged a fact and said it bugs you. How will they ever deal with all that criticism? And then shortly thereafter, while Mark Knighton is en route to his MIA appointment (hasn't been seen or heard from since!), you and Colin engage in some mutual a$$ k1$$ and discuss metaphorically how it is acceptable for Mozart, Beethoven, and Da Vinci to miss the deadlines on their latest masterpiece. Well, Colin came up with that ridiculously embarrassing nonsense, but you have argued a similar point many times. Then you go on in the same thread arguing that you are not enabling Mark Knighton's borderline criminal behavior, when in fact that is exactly what you are doing. You speculate he must have been working really hard on the update, until this or that late hour of the morning, but you don't know that. In fact, you know the opposite. That psycho-liar wasn't working on anything. In reality, its all just another attempt at enabling and covering for the blatant lying liar Mark Knighton and his obvious gaslighting. He was not working all weekend. He met no deadline. Nothing got done.

Here we are Thursday AM, June 6th, 2019. Not a peep from Mark Knighton. Indefensible. That's why you try to wreck every thread and make it about you. Its your tactic to cover for him and obfuscate for him. For all I know, you actually are him. Multiple-personality disorder alongside Mark's obviously manic personality disorder would not be a big shocker.

edited June 2019 alexonline
  • Reply 1444 of 1615
    arkorottarkorott Posts: 100member
    May Update...I guess we failed to specify the year...
    alexonline
  • Reply 1445 of 1615
    Oh Arkorott, simple mundane things like time and calendars cease to have meaning when you are working toward a higher purpose...

Or is that the aquatic mammal?

I get them mixed up, something about soggy blow-holes, or are we back on WT again? 

Kang said it best. To paraphrase:

My fellow [customers], as a young boy I dreamed of being a baseball. But tonight I say we must move forward, not backward! Upward, not forward! And always twirlingtwirlingtwirling towards freedom!!!

R

alexonline
  • Reply 1446 of 1615
    Due to the chanting, the calendar is presumably Gregorian... but which year Mark was referring to is unknowable. 
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1447 of 1615
    Due to the chanting, the calendar is presumably Gregorian... but which year Mark was referring to is unknowable. 
    Ineffable dear chap, ineffable.

R
    alexonline
  • Reply 1448 of 1615
    dabigkahunadabigkahuna Posts: 465member
    Rolanbek said:
    Let's start with item 12:  

> This isn't the DBK thread it's the Textblade thread.

That's after making a long post about me, which shows you how silly he can be.

Of course, he once again brings up the banning on reddit because I used other names to get around a ban. Which I've repeatedly said I did. But I also included what he keeps leaving out - that the moderator allowed people on the subreddit to attack me and pretend to be me while I was not even there to respond. And when I saw it, joined, and did respond, he immediately banned me for "being off topic", even though I was responding to posts that were about me. At that point, I didn't - and still don't - care about their rules about evading a ban. They want to be unethical and abuse their authority - and remember, they were continuing to attack me -  I'll deal with it the best way I can. Anyone is free to disagree with my decision, but I stand behind it.

> A subreddit was created to try and rehabilitate DBK.

Note that even this was actually created as an attack ("rehabilitate"). What it really did was give them an excuse to still attack me in one subreddit, where most of them were, and I could only respond in a thread where most of them were not - thus they wouldn't see the rebuttals.

> This went on for a few months, until DBK showed some behaviours toward other members that could not be allowed to stand. 

He means doing something to them that they had been doing to me for months.

It is not possible to discuss anything of any worth in a place where DBK is actively posting, with the exception of muting him.

Meaning, "It is not possible to post unfair attacks and false claims unchallenged in DBK is posting".
  • Reply 1449 of 1615
    Rolanbek said:
    A few points for those that are 1400 posts deep into this rabbit hole but were not present over the last 4 years for key events:

13. It is not possible to discuss anything of any worth in a place where DBK is actively posting, with the exception of muting him.
    14. The author of the piece here has not responded to any questions set out in this thread. 
    R
    Amen.

True dat...

Rolanbek said:

Amen.

True dat...

Funny stuff. After saying the thread isn't about me, we have 3 posts in a row making it about me!
  • Reply 1450 of 1615
    Wow, yet another post from a critic making the thread about me.

> #2 is a perfect example of why you are so despised for your generally dishonest approach to discussion, much like Mark Knighton. It seems that you now acknowledge there is a kill switch but just want to argue that it is 'appropriate'. Previously you argued that there is no kill switch to support the position that a Treg tester could speak freely without fear of Mark Knighton remotely bricking the device.

Uh, because it IS appropriate? As usual, I explained why. You sure haven't shown why not!

You also confuse two different things. The second being that you ASSUME testers are afraid to speak their minds because of it. Yet I know darn well I say what I like. I don't have to ASSUME - and then present my assumptions as fact. That seems to be your job.

You speculate he must have been working really hard on the update, until this or that late hour of the morning, but you don't know that. In fact, you know the opposite.

Labeled as speculation, included the evidence to support it (that is, we know when actual posts were made and I was also checking their account to see when they were last "seen". Which showed a considerable possibility he was up all night. But I find it fascinating that you whine that I "don't know that" (even though I didn't say it was definite) and then turn around and say "in fact, you know the opposite". That's nuts since I have no way of knowing the opposite and neither do you!

He was not working all weekend. He met no deadline. Nothing got done.

Same with that. Only the second of the three is true. The others are what you make up and present as fact.
  • Reply 1451 of 1615
    Could have been a misinterpretation too, as in "I may (provide an) update"

edit: could fit well in the previous discussion of what is a work week
  • Reply 1452 of 1615
    TextBladeDenied said:..... discuss metaphorically how it is acceptable for Mozart, Beethoven, and Da Vinci to miss the deadlines on their latest masterpiece. Well, Colin came up with that ridiculously embarrassing nonsense, but you have argued a similar point many times. 

I must say, as a professional musician (and knowing DBK to have been a musician also) I was appalled that that was allowed to stand. First, I can't promise that Beethoven or Mozart never missed a deadline. I'm sure they may have done, but certainly neither is known for it - they're known for delivering, in quite a big way. All of Mozart's significant output (600+ works including 41 symphonies and 27 piano concertos) was completed before he reached the age of 36 - he died aged 35. And Beethoven didn't even allow complete loss of hearing to stop his monumental output. As another example, JS Bach wrote an almost impossible amount of music (including for over two years a full 20-minute or so cantata for orchestra and choir every single week for the Sunday service).  The task is so impossible to conceive that Douglas Adams (who seems to have been referenced a number of times in this thread) explains in Dirk Gently's Detective Agency that Bach actually is a fictional character, and that his output is in fact the collected musical works of an entire alien civilisation downloaded to Earth and attributed to one man.

I know we have ridiculed before the idea that Mark Knighton equates himself to Jobs or Musk, but to have his name in the same sentence as Mozart's without a significant and very large negative is laughable. Indeed, forget the same sentence - the fact they might exist in the same universe beggars belief.
    alexonlineonnanoshiroTextBladeDeniedarkorott
  • Reply 1453 of 1615
    arkorott said:
    Could have been a misinterpretation too, as in "I may (provide an) update"

edit: could fit well in the previous discussion of what is a work week
    Misinterpretation? Allow me to consult the entrails...

Yes, i see... I seee.... I see a steak and kidney pie in the near future. Avoid ladders, monomaniacs lacking theory of mind, and the colour taupe, Your lucky number is 99, and your lucky date is 2019-06-21.

As of right now WT hasn't posted on WTF in 3 days and hasn't logged in as WT in 2 days. This is a behaviour that has been repeated a few times over the last few years. We will get an update when whatever problem that WT would like to pretend was never a problem has been underestimated in complexity and time to remedy. Then a supercilious torrent of pseudo-techno-glurge will be flung at WTF as if that was the plan all along. 

The flight of the birds at sunset show me that we are in for showers of pointless drivel, squalls of blustery rationalising and the odd flurry of utter nonsense. So wrap up, best bull deflectors up, and neclego quis sunt procax in lacessendo. 

If you catch my rather rusty drift.

R

edit:Poisednoise: Hear Hear. - R

2nd edit: Is it a coincidence that WT post a single line on their forum a minute or so after I first post this? Who can say? - R

edited June 2019 alexonlinepoisednoise
  • Reply 1454 of 1615
    Rolanbek said:

R
    Amen.

True dat...

Rolanbek said:

Amen.

True dat...

Funny stuff. After saying the thread isn't about me, we have 3 posts in a row making it about me!
    It’s not about you. It’s about the TextBlade that still isn’t shipping, and about Mark’s latest vague promise to deliver an update that likely still will bring up absolutely no closer to GR. Or a date the update will actually drop. 
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1455 of 1615
    "Cease your superfluous interjections," he ejaculated, "Why don't you," his voice trailing away to a hoarse whisper as he narrowed his eyes, "go forth and multiply," Disgusted at lowering himself in such a fashion Alex paused to take a quick nip from the silver flask he habitually kept in the left hand pocket of his plaid dressing gown. The acrid tang of the printer's ink soothed his nerves. "Not today Sir," he muttered catching his reflection and smoothing the lines of his robe, he turned to leave his study "Not today."

R

edited June 2019
  • Reply 1456 of 1615
    Well, Mark just appears to have posted on their forums with what could theoretically be considered under the most flexible of circumstances an update on the status of their update on their status with:

>...thanks for your patience while we finish the update. It contains many things you’ll like.

I am extremely glad about this because it will therefore announce general release (something I’d like...). However, he’s also is adding lots of bonus things (“many things you’ll like”...) so he’ll therefore be giving us candy, beer, a trip to Europe... a zoo... a fix for the world’s climate change problems, world peace... a meeting with Santa Clause maybe... and much, much more!

This is truly a momentous occasion... should I hold my breath...?
    alexonlinearkorott
  • Reply 1457 of 1615
    Well, Mark just appears to have posted on their forums with what could theoretically be considered under the most flexible of circumstances an update on the status of their update on their status with:

>...thanks for your patience while we finish the update. It contains many things you’ll like.

I am extremely glad about this because it will therefore announce general release (something I’d like...). However, he’s also is adding lots of bonus things (“many things you’ll like”...) so he’ll therefore be giving us candy, beer, a trip to Europe... a zoo... a fix for the world’s climate change problems, world peace... a meeting with Santa Clause maybe... and much, much more!

This is truly a momentous occasion... should I hold my breath...?

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry to have announce this sad news. @weirdosmurf passed away a few minutes ago. Asphyxiated himself, tragically. The issue @weirdosmurf didn't consider when holding his breath was that he was already blue, so it was difficult to ascertain when he had passed out.

edited June 2019
  • Reply 1458 of 1615
    Rolanbek said:
    2nd edit: Is it a coincidence that WT post a single line on their forum a minute or so after I first post this? Who can say? - R

All part of the well executed gaslighting campaign.

Announce a date for an update.
    Miss it, but announce a later update the next day.
    Wait for appropriate Kahuna obfuscations.
    Miss it, but announce a forthcoming update the following day.
    Standby for relevant Kahuna deflections.
    Miss it again.
    Let things percolate.
    Pause for necessary Kahuna discombobulations.
    Announce an update with no deadline.
    Go away for a while. Perhaps a nice vacation. Spend some of that 10,000+ customers Textblade money on the finer things in life.
    Pretend like nothing happened while Kahuna runs rampant on every thread announcing victory. There will in fact be an update and the deadline cannot be missed because there is no deadline therefore Kahuna is not guilty of endlessly flexible deadline extensions.
    Repeat.

edited June 2019
  • Reply 1459 of 1615
    TextBladeDenied said:..... discuss metaphorically how it is acceptable for Mozart, Beethoven, and Da Vinci to miss the deadlines on their latest masterpiece. Well, Colin came up with that ridiculously embarrassing nonsense, but you have argued a similar point many times. 

I must say, as a professional musician (and knowing DBK to have been a musician also) I was appalled that that was allowed to stand. 

I know we have ridiculed before the idea that Mark Knighton equates himself to Jobs or Musk, but to have his name in the same sentence as Mozart's without a significant and very large negative is laughable. Indeed, forget the same sentence - the fact they might exist in the same universe beggars belief.
    Yeah, the M/B/DV comparison basically set a new world record for pomposity, arrogance, and stupidity all wrapped up into one slimy yucky ball.

I would bet a modest amount of money at this point that Mark Knighton, Kahuna, and Colin are all the same person. It just seems statistically improbable that three separate people who are that ridiculous could be gathered into the same place at the same time.

<insert Douglas Adams story here about Golgafrinchan Ark Fleet Ship B to prove me wrong>
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1460 of 1615
    @weirdosmurf ;
    I am extremely glad about this because it will therefore announce general release (something I’d like...). However, he’s also is adding lots of bonus things (“many things you’ll like”...) so he’ll therefore be giving us candy, beer, a trip to Europe... a zoo... a fix for the world’s climate change problems, world peace... a meeting with Santa Clause maybe... and much, much more!

Wow, his should quite an update...an update that requires an update after being promised so many weeks ago and way past their self imposed deadline.
    So as you said they at the very least should announce GR, on top of the cure for cancer, discovery of the warp drive, launch of Half Life 3, and the last 2 pending GRRM GoT novels.

edit: have you read at WTF of people increasing their order units on account of the update of the update ?!
    Now we have confirmation we will get all these goodies and more ! (and a secret, secret gift...)
This discussion has been closed.