Powerbeats Pro up for preorder in Australia and China

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 2019
Following a start to preorders in France, Germany and the UK last week, Apple on Friday quietly initiated sales of Beats' Powerbeats Pro headphones in Australia and China.

Powerbeats Pro

With the new preorder availability, Beats' first totally wireless headphone model is now up for sale in seven regions.

Announced in April, Powerbeats Pro went on sale in the U.S. and Canada in early May ahead of a release on May 10.

Australia was added to the list of regions accepting orders for the headset on Friday local time, reports mac prices. China, which was not included among an initial set launch countries, also started the preorder process on Friday.

Powerbeats Pro is slated to roll out in 20 countries this summer, including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Prior to Australia and China, Apple began sales in France, Germany and the UK on May 31.

Apple's regional websites for all other countries show the device as "coming soon."

Beats' first completely wireless product, Powerbeats Pro incorporates Apple smarts like the H1 chip to enable enhanced connectivity, better run time and "Hey Siri" support. Unlike the tech giant's own AirPods model, Powerbeats Pro is somewhat ruggedized and features IPX4 water resistance.

AppleInsider found the Beats buds to deliver high quality sound and long battery life, but those benefits come at the expense of portability when compared to AirPods.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    prokipprokip Posts: 178member
    Ordered a pair - straight up.  I have the Powerbeats3 and they are the best in-ear cans I have ever used. (And I have spent $KKs on IEMs in the past.)  If the Pro's are as good, they will be worth every penny.
    racerhomie3AppleExposedlolliver
  • Reply 2 of 4
    rolsrols Posts: 68member
    for the love of all that is holy would Apple please release these in Singapore!! Or failing that at least put a date on when they will so I don't have to check the store every day or so to see if they are still 'coming this summer'. We're deep in "shut up and take my money" territory here. 
  • Reply 3 of 4
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    prokip said:
    Ordered a pair - straight up.  I have the Powerbeats3 and they are the best in-ear cans I have ever used. (And I have spent $KKs on IEMs in the past.)  If the Pro's are as good, they will be worth every penny.

Yeah Beats don't suck anymore.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    prokip said:
    Mine arrived yesterday. 
    Setup took five seconds. Started playing Vienna by Ultravox (the track I’d paused earlier in the day). The fit is more secure than the last pair. The lack of a tether means they don’t get pulled when I turn my head. They’re noticeable lighter too. 

Louder than the old Powerbeats, so watch your hearing. Siri works like a charm. I just said ‘play that again’  and I got the genius that is Midge Ure for another few minutes.

Today, they get the heavy sweat test, but no complaints so far. 

lolliver