The TextBlade keyboard is superb, but you'll have to be patient

Comments

• Reply 1461 of 1615
    dabigkahunadabigkahuna Posts: 465member
    Wait for appropriate Kahuna obfuscations.

Standby for relevant Kahuna deflections.

Pause for necessary Kahuna discombobulations.

Pretend like nothing happened while Kahuna runs rampant on every thread announcing victory.

There will in fact be an update and the deadline cannot be missed because there is no deadline therefore Kahuna is not guilty of endlessly flexible deadline extensions.
    Oh my, please, tell me again how you aren't making the thread about me :)

And how I obfuscated anything.

And what the deflections were.

Or the discombobulations.

Or do what Alex does and say it is proven without providing actual proof.

Which brings me to item 4. When did I announce "victory"? That sounds like you are fibbing.

And item 5 - who said a deadline can't be missed? Surely your are not talking about me since I have repeatedly said they missed May, Saturday, and Sunday and they still haven't delivered. Also, I'm not building of endlessly flexible deadline extension since, you know, I actually have pointed out the deadlines and said the missed them.

Then we have this from another of your posts:

I would bet a modest amount of money at this point that Mark Knighton, Kahuna, and Colin are all the same person.

Sure sounds like you are making a lot of it about me.

And note how easy it is for me to document that, from your own words.
  • Reply 1462 of 1615
    arkorott said:

Wow, his should quite an update
    That is one of the points I've tried to make to WT. The longer it takes to get the update out - missing many time projections along the way - it is going to naturally make people think that it is taking so much time because there is so much in it and so much keeps changing so they have to redo parts of it.

This rising expectation is not a good thing if it is just a basic update that looks like it could have been written in an hour or less. Nor will it be good if it is fairly generic, like saying they've made a lot of progress. Or even saying they made a lot of progress on some specific things but nothing we can measure.

It was a long time ago, but once they posted something about the percentage of testers that had a problem. That, to me, was useful info. After all, ultimately GR is going to mainly depend on what problems exist, what percentage experience them, and how often they happen to those who do experience them.

For example, if you have 5% with problems, that may be considered to many if the problem is serious and happens all the time. But if it is serious, yet only pops up maybe once a week, briefly, then it may be acceptable. So I'd like to have some idea about those numbers. If nothing else, if the same info was given in future updates, we could see how much better things have gotten.
    idea2go_twitterarkorott
  • Reply 1463 of 1615
    weirdosmurfweirdosmurf Posts: 101member
    arkorott said:

That is one of the points I've tried to make to WT. The longer it takes to get the update out - missing many time projections along the way - it is going to naturally make people think that it is taking so much time because there is so much in it and so much keeps changing so they have to redo parts of it.

This rising expectation is not a good thing if it is just a basic update that looks like it could have been written in an hour or less. Nor will it be good if it is fairly generic, like saying they've made a lot of progress. Or even saying they made a lot of progress on some specific things but nothing we can measure.

It was a long time ago, but once they posted something about the percentage of testers that had a problem. That, to me, was useful info. After all, ultimately GR is going to mainly depend on what problems exist, what percentage experience them, and how often they happen to those who do experience them.

For example, if you have 5% with problems, that may be considered to many if the problem is serious and happens all the time. But if it is serious, yet only pops up maybe once a week, briefly, then it may be acceptable. So I'd like to have some idea about those numbers. If nothing else, if the same info was given in future updates, we could see how much better things have gotten.
    Not wanting to poke the bear again, but you just missed an extremely clear example of sarcasm. It was as clear as the nose on your face to all posters bar you who have interpreted it in an unusual and quite literal manner. 

I’m surprised you missed the sarcasm in context given it was attached to a cure for cancer, discovery of warp drive and the impending release of the next novel in the Game of Thrones series...

I’m being generous in making an allowance that you may have “misinterpreted sarcasm” because if you didn’t miss it then what you just did was to entirely misrepresent what arkorott was saying - and we are all painfully aware of how offensive you consider the idea of misrepresentation...  ;)
    alexonline
  • Reply 1464 of 1615
    dabigkahuna said:..

...Then we have this from another of your posts:

> I would bet a modest amount of money at this point that Mark Knighton, Kahuna, and Colin are all the same person.

Ummm... it sure sounds like you are making a lot of it about you... what’s your point...? That you’d prefer to run interference for Waytools and protect them by shifting the focus of topic back on to you...?

That may not be your intent, but it is most certainly the outcome... (and that’s the reason you’re classed as enabling bad behaviours on the part of Mark Knighton/Waytools...)

It’s perfectly okay to turn the other cheek y’know... I mean I just had a post written about me where it was erroneously suggested I was dead for goodness sake... did you see me leap in to correct the state of play and berate the purveyor of fake news in a vengeful and furious tirade...? Hell no! I’ve got more class than that (I sent him a 17,000 word PM and berated him that way... ;))
    edited June 2019 alexonline
  • Reply 1465 of 1615
    dabigkahuna said:..

...Then we have this from another of your posts:

> I would bet a modest amount of money at this point that Mark Knighton, Kahuna, and Colin are all the same person.

Ummm... it sure sounds like you are making a lot of it about you... what’s you point...? That you’d prefer to run interference for Waytools and protect them by shifting the focus of topic back on to you...?

That may not be your intent, but it is most certainly the outcome...

It’s perfectly okay to turn the other cheek y’know... I mean I just had a post written about me where it was erroneously suggested I was dead for goodness sake... did you see me leap in to correct the state of play and berate the purveyor of fake news in a vengeful and furious tirade...? Hell no! I’ve got more class than that (I sent him a 17,000 word PM and berated him that way... ;))
    Ha! No, WS didn't really PM me. Because he has a brain and understands a joke. Unlike someone we know...

>Kahuna would prefer to run interference for Waytools and protect them by shifting the focus of topic back on to Kahuna...?

Well stated. This is the Kahuna Paradox. He inserts himself, uninvited, into every conversation about Mark Knighton (but Kahuna is not Mark Knighton, right? right???) then complains when everyone turns their attention to him, then cries 'oh you're making it all about meeeee meeee reeeee'. So ridiculous.

alexonline
  • Reply 1466 of 1615
    Duly noted. Do you realize how completely crazy you are? We are all writing on a public forum. All the words are right here. Yet you feel the need to 'document' them? How far do you go with that exactly? Do you print copies in triplicate and store them in a time capsule under your house in case the server goes down? Are you sure your documentation can survive the zombie apocalypse? Posterity will want to review your documentation so please take every necessary measure.

alexonlinearkorott
  • Reply 1467 of 1615
    weirdosmurf said:

Not wanting to poke the bear again, but you just missed an extremely clear example of sarcasm. 
    I'm well aware of the sarcasm. I'm also well aware that there was some truth to it, which I explained.

it sure sounds like you are making a lot of it about you... what’s your point...? That you’d prefer to run interference for Waytools and protect them by shifting the focus of topic back on to you...?

Let's see, in two consecutive posts TBD made lots of comments about me - none of which he had to do. So I pointed out that, for a person who claims the thread shouldn't be about he, he kept making it about me.

Just as you are.
    idea2go_twitter
  • Reply 1468 of 1615
    Kahuna would prefer to run interference for Waytools and protect them by shifting the focus of topic back on to Kahuna...?
    Well stated. This is the Kahuna Paradox. He inserts himself, uninvited, into every conversation about Mark Knighton
    Careful, some people may actually go back and read the post exchange and see that you put me into your post. I then pointed out you did it. Since you did that, you are the one who inserted me into it.

TextBladeDenied said:
    Duly noted. Do you realize how completely crazy you are? We are all writing on a public forum. All the words are right here. Yet you feel the need to 'document' them?
    It's clear you don't document your claims. But then, when you are making stuff up, documenting it would be tough to do :)

As for why I do it, it's simple. Using this case as an example, you claim I'm inserting myself into a post that isn't about me, yet you had a bunch of comments in your post that were about me. IOW, your posts since are simply not true.
  • Reply 1469 of 1615
    weirdosmurf said:

Not wanting to poke the bear again, but you just missed an extremely clear example of sarcasm. 
    I'm well aware of the sarcasm. I'm also well aware that there was some truth to it, which I explained.
    Oh koocheekoocheekoo... I don’t think you were... I think you totally missed it and when it was pointed out, you scrambled to make a rationalising, face saving post...

(If you understood the sarcasm, then you just engaged in a massive misrepresentation........... you’re a big one for apologies right...? This is one of those ones you can’t have both ways; unless, of course you’re “endlessly flexible”... ;) )
  • Reply 1470 of 1615
    weirdosmurf said:

Oh koocheekoocheekoo... I don’t think you were
    Ah, another assumption about me from one of the people who say they aren't making it about me!
  • Reply 1471 of 1615
    weirdosmurf said:

Oh koocheekoocheekoo... I don’t think you were
    Ah, another assumption about me from one of the people who say they aren't making it about me!
    Okay... fair enough... so it’s just deliberate misrepresentation then... [shrug]

You’re a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu [breathe...] uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge opponent of the concept of misrepresentation (if I read your claims correctly...), and you’re doggedly in to the concept of people apologising if that’s what has occurred...? Am I right...?

...so with that in mind, when will you be apologising for the misrepresentation (which is, I believe another term for - “lie”; something you love to throw around willy-nilly...)?

:D 
    edited June 2019 alexonline
  • Reply 1472 of 1615
    weirdosmurf said:

so it’s just deliberate misrepresentation then... [shrug]
    Except I didn't misrepresent anyone.

But here you are, once again making it about me :)
  • Reply 1473 of 1615
    weirdosmurf said:

Mark Knighton is a pathological liar.

Not about you.

weirdosmurfpoisednoisealexonlinearkorott
  • Reply 1474 of 1615
    weirdosmurf said:

Not entirely sure how taking 6 words out of someone’s post and then writing a response to infer it meant something 180degrees to what it quite clearly said isn’t misrepresentation - it’s pretty much the Oxford English Dictionary definition on the subject... 

(and all on this page starting from post 1461, not exactly hard to check...)

...you have an endlessly flexible definition on that one too...?
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1475 of 1615
    Not entirely sure how taking 6 words out of someone’s post and then writing a response to infer it meant something 180degrees to what it quite clearly said isn’t misrepresentation 
    Cool. Then all you have to do is show how my statements were 180 degrees off instead of just claiming it. I don’t think you can do it. 

Just like Ike you can’t show my statements about when the end of a week is are “endlessly flexible”. Because, you know, there was a very definite, short term end! You just make stuff up. 
  • Reply 1476 of 1615
    Okay... [shrug]

@Arkorott wrote a sarcastic post riffing off my previous one about Waytools announcing an update on their update of their update;
    arkorott said:
    @weirdosmurf ;
    >...thanks for your patience while we finish the update. It contains many things you’ll like.
    I am extremely glad about this because it will therefore announce general release (something I’d like...). However, he’s also is adding lots of bonus things (“many things you’ll like”...) so he’ll therefore be giving us candy, beer, a trip to Europe... a zoo... a fix for the world’s climate change problems, world peace... a meeting with Santa Clause maybe... and much, much more!

Wow, his should quite an update...an update that requires an update after being promised so many weeks ago and way past their self imposed deadline.
    So as you said they at the very least should announce GR, on top of the cure for cancer, discovery of the warp drive, launch of Half Life 3, and the last 2 pending GRRM GoT novels.

edit: have you read at WTF of people increasing their order units on account of the update of the update ?!
    Now we have confirmation we will get all these goodies and more ! (and a secret, secret gift...)
    You then took 6 words of that post - “Wow, [t]his should [be] quite an update” - and a post wrote inferring you agreed with his post but went on to post about very much not what he’d said and implying that he and you were on the same page in being sympathetic to the plight Waytools find themselves in...

arkorott said:

It’s not difficult... it’s a pretty blatant and amateurish attempt at changing someone’s position (or “misrepresentation”...)
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1477 of 1615
    RolanbekRolanbek Posts: 81member
    A thought crossed my mind Smurf and while you are here I'll ask:

What kind of person describes themselves un-ironically as an "overachiever?"

-----

Still no word from Murk Shyton it seems. Perhaps at 3am PT on 2019-06-10 (Monday coming) he might tell us how tired he is again? 

We were promised something that we are going to like. Which is good. I hope it's to see Lurking-Murk smeared from head to foot in peanut butter fighting an angry bear. Or Murk to maybe just post a paragraph of information without 500 words of justifications, empty promise-like statements and self aggrandisement. 

Here is a tip: You can copy and paste "The dog ate my homework." 100 times and save yourself the composition time on that which people shall rip to shreds. 

Here is another tip: Typing "Ran though testing on charging today. Working, but I am not happy with it. Will get the team to look into the code once more this week. Next round of testing will be Saturday/Sunday next week will update and answer questions then." takes no time, but your customers will have an idea what you are doing.

Here is another tip: Responding to questions that ask specific technical things should be prioritised over getting into slanging matches with customers. 

One last tip: We (the bit of the internet that is still paying attention) told you that a firmware refactor was at least year long project nearly a year ago. You could have had the decency to acknowledge that, and perhaps just admit that the delay was going to be 12 months, minimum. You could have committed to an update at each milestone, for example: "Jumps now implemented in the new codebase. Testing shows no current issues." You could have had a WTF forum post stickied with the milestones on it and edit the thing to mark them complete as you went. That is a really low effort way of keeping your customers informed. 

Or you could hide, randomly assign estimates and throw a tantrum when someone you don't like posts something you don't like. 

-----

No one "has" to show anything to anyone. No one needs to validate anyone's argument by responding. Life is too short to waste too much of it on irrelevance. That which has been shown, has already been shown, many times over, and "discussed" (for want of a better word) for many tens of thousands of words. If WT are just being let away with making things up, nothing anyone defending their awful behaviour says actually matters. 

I do enjoy a good discussion, but discussions such as these lack closure for all concerned. If people are going to waste everyone's time arguing that:
    • Facts aren't facts 
    • Words don't mean what they mean 
    • Context does not matter
    • If reality disagrees with interpretation, reality is wrong
    nothing discussed actually matters. I have had acquaintances over the years that indulged in exactly this sort of behaviour, and for all I know they still do. I wouldn't know, as while I have many firm friends with whom I disagree greatly on all manner of topics, I tend to stop spending time with people who can't argue coherently, and refuse to stop arguing. 

-----

I suspect that there will be some form response. but I shall preempt it here by saying this: 

The eels will have go through their spin cycle without their ginger beer today. 

R

alexonlinepoisednoise
  • Reply 1478 of 1615
    Rolanbek said:
    A thought crossed my mind Smurf and while you are here I'll ask:

What kind of person describes themselves un-ironically as an "overachiever?"

Reading posts that have subsequently been deleted since posting...?  ;)

Actual overachievers have a tendency to self-sabotage and have feelings of inadequacy; they feel inadequate and striving to better themselves is a way to fight that feeling of inadequacy. Actual overachievers tend not to describe themselves as such - that’s more of an alpha personality. You find arrogance and even narcissism exhibited to one degree or another in those individuals (whose sense of self importance or excessive grandeur might be served by describing themselves as an “overachiever...)

Most true over-achievers might if really pushed to honestly self assess describe themselves as “high” achievers but they would be physically nauseous at the idea of being described as over-achiever...
    alexonline
  • Reply 1479 of 1615
    RolanbekRolanbek Posts: 81member
    That was what I suspected. Thanks for adding to my confirmation bias. :toooldtonotfeelweirdwhenusinganemojiemoji

I was thinking to myself what do I say when asked to assess my achievements, only to realise that I don't think anyone has ever asked outside of a job interview. We all know that interviews exist in a parallel dimension where up is down and veracity has stepped out for a bit of a breather. 

I think on balance that I would describe my achievements as "achieved" and my goals as "yet to be achieved." You can see why I never took a job in marketing or advertising can't you? 

-----

Still no word on whether there will be any word on whether there will be any word on the update about the next technical update. 

And after a sentence like that I might have to go and have a little sit down with a coffee to recover.

-----

With the new 'tailed' mode on the textblade, I wonder whether the device when plugged in for a spell will run hot or not? I have had a few pocket sized devices that fresh from a bout of fast charging were too warn to stick in one's trouser pocket. 

Maybe WT will have to affix cooling fins... 

Just as long as it's not one of those ridiculous moustache magnets. 

R

alexonline
  • Reply 1480 of 1615
    arkorottarkorott Posts: 100member
    @Rolanbek ;
    Still no word on whether there will be any word on whether there will be any word on the update about the next technical update. 
    And after a sentence like that I might have to go and have a little sit down with a coffee to recover.
    Ha. I had to truly read it twice, and the very sad part is that is 100% accurate.

We are waiting on an update, of the update and all the "substance" we get is  "
    It contains many things you’ll like"...

I would be honestly embarrassed if I cannot put together an update document in a few weeks time. In any company your boss would kick your ass to oblivion as it is 100% in your absolute control.
    Can you even imagine (the not so nice) Steve Jobs condoning this ? "Real artists ship".

Just the time that has passed since the end of May should have been more than adequate to describe the status of SpaceX new rocket (not so subtle Elon Musk reference implied), and a little more involved technology too.

Unless the upcoming court appearance has an impact and lawyers have counseled to stay mum....hummmm
    edited June 2019 Rolanbekalexonline
This discussion has been closed.