The TextBlade keyboard is superb, but you'll have to be patient

Comments

• Reply 1521 of 1615
    dabigkahunadabigkahuna Posts: 465member
    dabigkahuna said:
         I don't know if the top gift will include those who ordered then or not. I hope it does as it is really quite good.
    Hang in there folks. The mysterious 'free gift' is really quite good and if you just wait a little while longer, you will get to find out if you qualify for it or not! We're not sure if you will receive it if you ordered as far back as March 2015, but soon you will find out!

Disgusting. Gaslighting 101.

Ban the Kahuna shill or put him on ignore. He is a key player in the ponzi scheme.

Let's see, a poster didn't know if the free gift had been determined. Since I knew the top level of it had been, I let him know. And when the extra mile to tell him that we didn't know at what points the gift would be reduced or what the lower levels would be.

So you, who keeps telling people to ignore me - even saying I should be banned, but I like the part about ignoring me - somehow fails to ignore me! Every time. Just like you say I make myself the issue, but you are the one documented as attacking me 5 times in a post that was responding to someone else which didn't talk about me at all.

Consistency isn't your best thing - well, unless you measure being consistently inconsistent!
  • Reply 1522 of 1615
    dabigkahuna said:
         I don't know if the top gift will include those who ordered then or not. I hope it does as it is really quite good.
    Hang in there folks. The mysterious 'free gift' is really quite good and if you just wait a little while longer, you will get to find out if you qualify for it or not! We're not sure if you will receive it if you ordered as far back as March 2015, but soon you will find out!

Ban the Kahuna shill or put him on ignore. He is a key player in the ponzi scheme.
    Let's see, a poster didn't know if the free gift had been determined. Since I knew the top level of it had been, I let him know. And when the extra mile to tell him that we didn't know at what points the gift would be reduced or what the lower levels would be.

Quack. Quack. 

If you want to do some good in the world Kahuna, disclose what the 'top free gift' is. More transparency is a good thing, so paying customers have more information and can make informed decisions. There is no reason to keep secrets from people any longer, after 4.5 years of lies and delays. Stop enabling Mark Knighton's sociopathic behavior. Be a force for good, not evil.

alexonline
  • Reply 1523 of 1615
    WayTools_Support said in May 2019:
    Arkorott - firmware infrastructure update is main focus, per our posts on our forum.
    We’ll be giving a tech update this month on our forum, with some of the interesting technical details.  Please have a look there for news about it.  Thanks
     :*  :s
    edited June 2019 poisednoisealexonline
  • Reply 1524 of 1615
    WayTools_Support said on May 4th 2019:

Arkorott - we’ll post on our forum about the advances we’ve made to our firmware tech.  Look there for more details this month.  

So we’ll post all product news on our forum, and you’ll find it there.
     :* 

WayTools_Support said on June 4th 2019 (post #25https://forum.waytools.com/t/new-techtalk-update-coming/5618):

Just have to push hard, get it done, and then it sure feels nice when it’s behind us.

Goal was set as - around the end of the month, and have put in many hours this weekend to respect that. 

This sort of stuff does take gobs of work, as everything worth doing does. Good kind of work though.

Either the man’s intentionally dishonest, “we’ll post...this month” vs. [one month later] “goal was set as...around the end of the month”, or he’s accidentally dishonest. Neither is in any way defensible. I’d bet I could find many similar cases pertaining to the actual shipping dates of GR if I could be bothered or had the time to look.

Speaking of defensible, I do wonder whether the upcoming court case, as mentioned about a page ago, is a factor with the lack of communication... when is it? Later this month? Maybe MK should try to settle out of court for a “free gift”. Or a toque. 
    edited June 2019 alexonline
  • Reply 1525 of 1615
    Quack. Quack. 

If you want to do some good in the world Kahuna, disclose what the 'top free gift' is.l
    1. That first line was the most intelligent thing you said, even though it made no sense at all.

2. Doing good would not include violating an NDA.

Bonus: You keep telling people to ignore me, yet you are clearly incapable of doing so. Fun times!
  • Reply 1526 of 1615
    dabigkahuna said:

Quack. Quack. 

If you want to do some good in the world Kahuna, disclose what the 'top free gift' is. More transparency is a good thing, so paying customers have more information and can make informed decisions. There is no reason to keep secrets from people any longer, after 4.5 years of lies and delays. Stop enabling Mark Knighton's sociopathic behavior. Be a force for good, not evil.

Oh by the way, it would appear that someone’s trying to communicate with me who I’ve put on ignore. So unless they’re quoted (as above) I can’t read it. Just thought I should mention this as I know how frustrating it can be to expend a lot of time on something you know someone’s never going to see.
    alexonlineTextBladeDenied
  • Reply 1527 of 1615
    poisednoise said:

Oh by the way, it would appear that someone’s trying to communicate with me who I’ve put on ignore. So unless they’re quoted (as above) I can’t read it. Just thought I should mention this as I know how frustrating it can be to expend a lot of time on something you know someone’s never going to see.
    Then you may miss this too. Which is fine. You brought up an issue which others may not know the answer to either so whether you see it or not has little bearing on what I post.
  • Reply 1528 of 1615
    arkorottarkorott Posts: 100member
    WayTools_Support said in May 2019:
    Arkorott - firmware infrastructure update is main focus, per our posts on our forum.
    We’ll be giving a tech update this month on our forum, with some of the interesting technical details.  Please have a look there for news about it.  Thanks
     :*  :s
    Yeah...it has been more that a month since the first early May promise from WT...

It is embarrassing and disrespectful of customers and supporters when you don't even post un update for a year or more, and you promise and then not deliver it, and repeat the cycle with new self imposed deadlines and silence over and over.

The behavior is inexcusable. You control 100% the document to be created and shared. The whole month of May and the first week of June and silence...we are told that we will get something we like....

edit: typos last sentence
    edited June 2019 poisednoise
  • Reply 1529 of 1615
    weirdosmurfweirdosmurf Posts: 101member
    A 2yr old necro-post was just revived on Waytools forum with a very long and impassioned post at the end (https://forum.waytools.com/t/are-the-delays-understandable/4909/19?u=weirdosmurf) trying to rationalise why the delivery delays for the TextBlade might be “understandable”. Whilst it might be theoretically possible to “understand” why Waytools have not been up to the task of delivering a product, that does not conflate to being in any way “acceptable”...

The post mentions customer service and support post-release and the difficulties Waytools might face; from what I’ve seen, they’re in a world of hurt on that score as they can’t even get an update out on time...! What on earth makes anyone believe they are remotely capable of doing the infinitely more complex and difficult task of actual customer support...?

i suspect we are in for a long, long wait before anyone sees an actual purchased TextBlade (if ever...). Who knows, it may happen one day, but perhaps another company with expertise in actually realising products might need to buy up the company and take over the product release... Waytools have shown no evidence that they have any ability to actually achieve general release... (and when they say they’re going to do something, they invariably don’t follow through, so anything they say regarding... pretty much anything... should be taken with a grain of salt - basically; “believe it when you see it... until then, it’s just vapour and unfulfilled promises...”)

*Mark, don’t you dare cancel my order; that decision rests with me, not you - your responsibility is to deliver me two TextBlades... if you’re annoyed at my post or tone, channel that rage in to actually releasing the product... or failing that; a progress update (preferably in plain, not-jargon-peppered English...)
    arkorottalexonlineAnthRD
  • Reply 1530 of 1615
    A 2yr old necro-post was just revived on Waytools forum with a very long and impassioned post at the end (https://forum.waytools.com/t/are-the-delays-understandable/4909/19?u=weirdosmurf) trying to rationalise why the delivery delays for the TextBlade might be “understandable”. Whilst it might be theoretically possible to “understand” why Waytools have not been up to the task of delivering a product, that does not conflate to being in any way “acceptable”...

The post mentions customer service and support post-release and the difficulties Waytools might face; from what I’ve seen, they’re in a world of hurt on that score as they can’t even get an update out on time...! What on earth makes anyone believe they are remotely capable of doing the infinitely more complex and difficult task of actual customer support...?

i suspect we are in for a long, long wait before anyone sees an actual purchased TextBlade (if ever...). Who knows, it may happen one day, but perhaps another company with expertise in actually realising products might need to buy up the company and take over the product release... Waytools have shown no evidence that they have any ability to actually achieve general release... (and when they say they’re going to do something, they invariably don’t follow through, so anything they say regarding... pretty much anything... should be taken with a grain of salt - basically; “believe it when you see it... until then, it’s just vapour and unfulfilled promises...”)

*Mark, don’t you dare cancel my order; that decision rests with me, not you - your responsibility is to deliver me two TextBlades... if you’re annoyed at my post or tone, channel that rage in to actually releasing the product... or failing that; a progress update (preferably in plain, not-jargon-peppered English...)
    Agree completely. I've not read the whole of the post on the other side but just skimmed it, partly because it was written by someone I've decided I don't wish to hear any more from (and I must say, it's really quite liberating: I've never put anyone on ignore before, and it's quite fun seeing "gaps" in the post numbers and imagining what tripe I'm not having to waste my time with!).

I can't pretend to understand the complexities of programming, or  launching a product, as I've never done it. Well, there was that one time in my adolescence when I produced a case statement in Unix shell that was hundreds of lines long, but that doesn't really count... But I can see that lots of other companies manage it more efficiently, and with more realistic ability to estimate progress. I certainly do know a lot about producing work to time, particularly written work. and to see someone fail that as badly as WK has is really quite depressing. This leads me to the inescapable conclusion, as I think we all agree, that the delay and problem here lies not so much with the product per se as the person leading the project. Like you, I suspect the only way we'll ever see a GR is if another company buys the IP. it'd be kinda cool to be proven wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.
    alexonlineAnthRD
  • Reply 1531 of 1615
    i suspect we are in for a long, long wait before anyone sees an actual purchased TextBlade (if ever...). 
    it's really quite liberating: I've never put anyone on ignore before, and it's quite fun seeing "gaps" in the post numbers and imagining what tripe I'm not having to waste my time with!).
    Yes it is liberating. I have 'it' on ignore now too. It's rather amazing. It's as if, suddenly, a scene of urban blight was instantly converted into a beautiful park. 
    the delay and problem here lies not so much with the product per se as the person leading the project. Like you, I suspect the only way we'll ever see a GR is if another company buys the IP. it'd be kinda cool to be proven wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Mark Knighton is an epic disaster who will never be able to get this across the finish line. You can tell by his whole persona that this thing will live or die under his direction. He's already in one lawsuit with former partners. He has barricaded the success of this product behind his own epic delinquency and insanity. He is not the type who can admit that he's been very wrong about everything. He will probably bankrupt the Waytools shell company before selling it.

After Waytools missed the May deadline for the update:

>Waytools wrote 9 days ago:
    >>Just letting everyone know we expect to post our TechTalk update with a lot of exciting news
    >>about TextBlade’s powerful new firmware infrastructure, on Saturday evening after 9 pm pst.

>Waytools wrote 8 days ago:
    >>Hi All - got some good content settled this evening, and want to cover a few more points of interest.
    >>Will get some sleep now, and finish editing Sunday to post for you all. Thanks

>Waytools wrote one week ago:
    >>Sundays are good quiet time for this kind of work.

>Waytools wrote 6 days ago:
    >>Think cognitive productivity will improve to get it done faster after a few hours rest.
    >>Will come back at it fresh to finish up.

>Waytools wrote 3 days ago:
    >>thanks for your patience while we finish the update. It contains many things you’ll like.

Here we are, on the path to two weeks after the promised May update. Another 'quiet Sunday'. A 'good time for this kind of work'. Does anybody think Mark Knighton is actually working right now? I think he's probably doing something else.

User @dpom on the WT forum thought Mark deserved props for having worked all last weekend. I wonder how @dpom feels now?

User @colinng on the WT forum wrote something, but then thought better of it and deleted it. @colinng is probably re-thinking his life choices after having compared Mark Knighton to Mozart, Bach, and da Vinci.

User @gmadden appropriately wrote 'Here's to insanity'. @gmadden posts here on AI so perhaps he has some inspired thoughts to share about all this.

Treg testers - please consider disclosing what the 'top gift' is that so many of us have been waiting for. Try something different. Instead of enabling Mark Knighton to keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again for 4+ years, try changing the situation. Take away some of Mark's manipulative power by disclosing to his customers what they will gain by hanging in there for another 4 years, or what they will give up if they decide to finally abandon hope and cancel their orders. Be a force for good, and transparency, so Mark's customers can make an informed decision rather than being kept in the dark and held hostage to the whims of a delinquent sociopath.

poisednoisealexonlinearkorott
  • Reply 1532 of 1615
    gmaddengmadden Posts: 26member
    My reference was to the site Wait But Why linked prior to colinng, putting myself in the category of insane, optimistic procrastinators.
    poisednoiseidea2go_twitter
  • Reply 1533 of 1615
    gmadden said:
    My reference was to the site Wait But Why linked prior to colinng, putting myself in the category of insane, optimistic procrastinators.
    Honestly, I wasn't sure if you are in that category or not.

What's the top free gift @gmadden ?

It's so easy. Someone just needs to make a new screen name here, or on Macrumors, or Reddit, and dish out the secret. A picture of the box would be good!

Power to the people!

alexonline
  • Reply 1534 of 1615
    gmaddengmadden Posts: 26member
    I’ve got nothing inspirational to add to what’s already been stated on that front. 

Edit removed superfluous additional statement. 
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1535 of 1615

What's the top free gift @gmadden ?

It's so easy. Someone just needs to make a new screen name here, or on Macrumors, or Reddit, and dish out the secret.
    Seems to be a pattern. You criticize people who order, yet you keep your order. You insert people into discussions but then complain they inserted themselves. You claim people are dishonest, but talk about how easy it is to be dishonest and encourage people to do it. 
    idea2go_twittergmadden
  • Reply 1536 of 1615
    gmadden said:
    I’ve got nothing inspirational to add to what’s already been stated on that front. 
    That's too bad. Hopefully there's a more courageous Tregger out there somewhere who sees the situation for what it is and will provide some transparency, and thus some clarity, to the thousands of customers Mark Knighton has willfully scammed and deceived.

alexonline
  • Reply 1537 of 1615
    Is anyone else besides MK working on the code rewrite? Is this a solo project at this point?

Its fairly obvious that he’s the only one doing PR for WayTools. If he’s the only one working on the firmware, and he’s as timely and disciplined about coding as he is about updates...
    alexonlinearkorott
  • Reply 1538 of 1615
    Is anyone else besides MK working on the code rewrite? Is this a solo project at this point?

Its fairly obvious that he’s the only one doing PR for WayTools. If he’s the only one working on the firmware, and he’s as timely and disciplined about coding as he is about updates...
    I doubt Mark Knighton writes any code. He doesn't communicate in a style that indicates the mind of a developer. He almost certainly has to pay someone to write code.

He obviously isn't any good at PR either and should be paying someone to do that as well, but clearly there's no money available for either position.

One of the more likely reasons the firmware is being 'refactored' after almost 4 years of development is that he lost a developer, or perhaps even the entire team of developers. Can you imagine working at a company like this for so long and seeing all the negativity directed at the CEO for his stupid public behavior? Good developers are fickle people who need challenging work, and have many job opportunities, so it's extremely unlikely that Mark has a core team of developers that have persisted throughout this entire debacle.

It's also possible that a company he was transacting with to provide development environment support for the now 5+ year old Textblade chipset ceased to exist, or just moved on to another product and dumped Mark Knighton as a client. I have never heard of a company doing a ground up re-write of functional firmware unless they were forced to do it by circumstances out of their control.

Bottom line is, Mark Knighton collected a whole bunch of money 4+ years ago from thousands of customers, then squandered it, and will probably never be able to produce enough finished Textblades to fulfill all the orders. But he's an egotistical liar, so he's not going to tell anybody the truth about the Waytools financial troubles.

alexonlineAnthRD
  • Reply 1539 of 1615
    AnthRDAnthRD Posts: 2member
    I order back in 2015, canceled after a year waiting and repeated missed promises on shipping dates. At the time I order it wasn’t at all clear this was a beta product still in testing but a product ready to go. So the main criticism has been they weren’t wholly honest about the product being ready to ship in 2015. The other criticism is the way Waytools has censored any criticism on their forums and cancelling orders of customers who have had a rant about the delays or their ability to release a product. I was banned on the forums for “misrepresentation” when I tried to estimate when would finally be released (estimated 2016). They were right I was wrong, I was overly optimistic on when would be released. Look this keyboard is brilliant but when and “if” it is finally released. I don’t think it will be as successful as they may think it should be, why? Simply cause to many people have been burnt by a company that has a woefully poor customer ethos. I believe many people have been turned off by the company to consider buying TextBlade or realised in the years of waiting they don’t actually need one, now.
  • Reply 1540 of 1615
    AnthRD said:
    I was banned on the forums for “misrepresentation” when I tried to estimate when would finally be released (estimated 2016). They were right I was wrong, I was overly optimistic on when would be released. 
    Wow. Mark Knighton clearly hates optimists. Thanks for sharing that perfect example of his nasty narcissistic authoritarian attitude towards his customers.

Hopefully some brave Treg tester will soon anonymously reveal the 'top gift'. I'm hoping there's at least one out there who can understand the rationale of chipping away at some of Mark's manipulative control of the situation. If the 'gift' is known, then customers can make a more informed decision about whether to continue waiting or not, after waiting for so long already, and as a bonus, perhaps Mark might be motivated to modify his behavior in a constructive way if he no longer wields the 'carrot and stick' and simply has to be judged based on what he can, or more likely, cannot accomplish. 

edited June 2019 weirdosmurfAnthRD
This discussion has been closed.