Apple Xinyi A13 store previewed ahead of Saturday opening

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple on Thursday offered a sneak peek at its Apple Xinyi A13 store in Taipei ahead of its grand opening this weekend, showing off a glass and stone pavilion design that shares elements common to recent flagship locations.

Xinyi A13

The two-story outlet borrows a number of architectural cues from recent Apple store designs. A carbon fiber reinforced roof with wood inlays and recessed lighting sits atop two large stone uprights, while all-glass walls provide a wide-open feel with unobstructed views inside and through to the courtyard behind.

According to Apple, the outlet will be the first in Taiwan to host artist-led Today at Apple sessions when it opens on Saturday. A performance from singer Eve Ai will kick off a six-week Stage for Creativity series featuring creators and local artists.

Also new to Taiwan is Apple's Genius Grove, which affords customers the opportunity to work with Geniuses under a canopy of trees.

Apple notes more than half of Apple Xinyi A13 employees were recruited from stores across the region and collectively speak more than 10 languages.

Apple Xinyi A13 opens its doors on Saturday at 10 a.m. local time. Customers interested in taking part in Today at Apple sessions can visit Apple's regional webpage for more information.

The Xinyi location joins the company's first Taiwanese store, which opened two years ago in the Taipei 101 building.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,304member
    Dame Angela Ahrendts was right -- beautiful stores in the pipeline, with design changes that embrace Apple's environmentalism and distinguish it from both "computer" stores and really any other sort of retail. She really built on Steve and Ron's ideas and has sherpa'd these beautiful designs through to a bold, distinctive yet not formulaic new Apple environment. Look at this thing, or any of the other recent flagship stores worldwide. My (Burberry) hat is off to her and the rest of the retail team.
    SolifotoformatgutengelStrangeDaysAppleExposedcoolfactorJWSCronn
  • Reply 2 of 9
    It's a beautiful design. Wonder how well it stands up to Taiwan's earthquakes.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    racerhomie3racerhomie3 Posts: 1,264member
    Please open stores in India, Bangladesh & Pakistan. Better brand recognition is needed in these regions & 3rd parties don’t help in this.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member
    That is a stunning design.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,304member
    Please open stores in India, Bangladesh & Pakistan. Better brand recognition is needed in these regions & 3rd parties don’t help in this.
    Apple has been trying to do this in at least India for years now, but ... the government has been standing in the way the whole time. I don’t know what the holdup in Pakistan is, but I certainly agree Apple should open its own stores there as well.
    ronn
  • Reply 6 of 9
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    It's a beautiful design. Wonder how well it stands up to Taiwan's earthquakes.
    I worry more about typhoons. 
  • Reply 7 of 9
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    chasm said:
    Dame Angela Ahrendts was right -- beautiful stores in the pipeline, with design changes that embrace Apple's environmentalism and distinguish it from both "computer" stores and really any other sort of retail. She really built on Steve and Ron's ideas and has sherpa'd these beautiful designs through to a bold, distinctive yet not formulaic new Apple environment. Look at this thing, or any of the other recent flagship stores worldwide. My (Burberry) hat is off to her and the rest of the retail team.
    Shhh......
  • Reply 8 of 9
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,372member
    Very nice. It almost has a highly polished Tiki Bar vibe to it. I wonder if they have Happy Hour specials?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,243member
    The design also seems to address light pollution, which is a serious problem in our cities.