LumaFusion 2.0 gains more powerful engine, external display support

Posted:
in iPad edited June 2019
Luma Touch on Sunday launched LumaFusion 2.0, an upgrade of its professional video editor for iPhones and iPads with an array of both engine and interface improvements.

LumaFusion 2.0

On the technical front the app now supports double the number of tracks -- up to 12 -- split between 6 video/audio and 6 audio-only tracks. Editors can additionally connect GNARBOX 2.0 backup SSDs, and the Photos Library supports nested folders in Album, Moments, and Media Types groups.

Perhaps most significantly users can now push video to an external display -- when in action, this makes room for denser editing and library views.

The UI has a whole has been revamped with things like a new timeline overview, and track headers that make it quicker to lock, hide, or mute. Color-coded markers can be used to flag and comment on important timestamps, and pressing and holding on the app's new shuttle control will scrub at different speeds.

Smaller enhancements include help pop-ups, the inclusion of fonts in saved styles, and changes to trimming. It's easier to trim clips on overwrite tracks with attached transitions, and trimming the head of a linked clip no longer relinks to a different clip.

LumaFusion 2.0 requires iOS 11 or later. It's currently priced at $19.99 on the App Store, but should go up to $29.99 after June 27.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I’ve been using this app for a while and it’s a very very good editor. These features are great and say much about their work to appeal to pros who want to work on an iPad agent they’re on the road. 
    tpf1952BrodyF
  • Reply 2 of 7
    tpf1952tpf1952 Posts: 65member
    Bravo, LumaFusion! Thank you for your brilliant work. 
  • Reply 3 of 7
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Apple hopefully has plans to release Final Cut and Logic for iPad OS sometime soon. The power is there now to run far better tools.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    I just upgraded to LumaFusion 2.0 and am looking forward to using it. It is really too bad that developers can't charge for updates through the AppStore. I would have had no problem paying $5 or $10 for the 2.0 update. LumaTouch has done a great job with the improvements to the app, they deserve to be rewarded. It hardly seems fair that, because I bought Luma Fusion a year ago, I get all later updates for free. Point updates are fine being free, they are just bug fixes. But when it's a full number update, they deserve to get something for it.
    tmayjack4gscdundasspliff monkey
  • Reply 5 of 7
    matrix077matrix077 Posts: 868member
    Such a great app. Now that iPadOS support external HDD and server I hope they add support for mkv format soon. 
  • Reply 6 of 7
    It’s on sale for $14.99 if you want to update the article.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    BrodyFBrodyF Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Thanks I might get this! My "current" editing software just failed.