Facebook VP Nick Clegg attacks Apple over privacy criticism

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    macseekermacseeker Posts: 545member
    All of facebook's corporate officers needs to suck an egg.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 50
    ivanhivanh Posts: 597member
    ... You can even get iPhone 4, 4S & 5 ($47,$60 & $100) in India,Pakistan ,Bangladesh & Nepal.
    Can the old models selling in those countries still be able accessing App Store using older and obsolete iOS versions?
  • Reply 43 of 50
    jdb8167jdb8167 Posts: 626member
     the reason the open web exists as it is today is because of advertising. If people were charged for every website they went to and every thing they did on the web it would be a shadow of what it is today.
    I love it when shills equate advertising to tracking. They out themselves. Few people would ban advertising. It might be a necessary evil. But tracking and privacy invasions are not needed to advertise. If the advertising industry requires tracking then they get blocked. So sorry, not sorry. I have no obligation to give up my privacy to a tracking company. Stop tracking me when I ask and the problem is solved. 
    edited June 2019 racerhomie3pscooter63AppleExposed
  • Reply 44 of 50
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,571member
    Fecebook.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 50
    He makes perfect sense, in Bizzaro World.
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 46 of 50
    racerhomie3racerhomie3 Posts: 1,264member
    ivanh said:
    ... You can even get iPhone 4, 4S & 5 ($47,$60 & $100) in India,Pakistan ,Bangladesh & Nepal.
    Can the old models selling in those countries still be able accessing App Store using older and obsolete iOS versions?
    Yeah the web & older versions of apps do work.I said this since there are devices with android 4 being sold in 3rd world countries.
    edited June 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 47 of 50
    AI_liasAI_lias Posts: 434member
    maestro64 said:
    So companies who dear to sell a product of value to consumers is now the enemy of people for having the gual to make money from consumers verses giving it free to consumers and making money selling consumer information.
    He's just pointing out the different models used by the different companies, not that Apple is the enemy of the people. And he is making a point made every day here on these forums: "If you can't afford Apple devices, you just can't afford them, they're for people who drive BMWs and Mercedeses, because Apple won't race to the bottom, quit your bitching". I quit Facebook some time ago, and don't regret it. They are enabling all kinds of bad actors, but they are free. At least Nick is not lying or misinforming, pointing out facts.
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 48 of 50
    LatkoLatko Posts: 398member
    Nick Clegg must be the same breed of egoist, half-truth talker that Tim Cook is (amongst a few other CEO’s that are merely created by their own spin-doctors and their borderline messages)
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 49 of 50
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Latko said:
    Nick Clegg must be the same breed of egoist, half-truth talker that Tim Cook is (amongst a few other CEO’s that are merely created by their own spin-doctors and their borderline messages)
    Ah the typical "I believe Apple is spying too! So it's true!" rhetoric.

Explain how Tim Cook is anything like this sleeze ball.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 50 of 50
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    crosslad said:
    The same Nick Clegg that allowed universities in the U.K. to increase their fees from £3000 per annum to £9000 per annum? Where else can you go for a degree?  What a hypocrite. 
    And this was after the Liberal Democrats had campaigned on not raising University fees, which is why many of their supporters felt betrayed.
    watto_cobra