Mophie's updated Juice Pack Air battery case for iPhone XS, XS Max, & XR has a Lightning p...

Posted:
in iPhone
Mophie just released an updated model of its popular Juice Pack Air battery case for the iPhone XS, the iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR with full coverage, wireless charging, and a female Lightning port.

Mophie Juice Pack Air comes to the iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max
Mophie Juice Pack Air comes to the iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max

These updated cases keep the same design as the Juice Pack Access but makes it available to not just the iPhone X and iPhone XS but the iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR as well. The new model features a 1,720 mAh battery which should provide a combined total of 34 hours of max use time.

Charging is accomplished through either a Qi charging pad or via the integrated Lightning port on the bottom, replacing a USB-C or microUSB port on previous models.

The new battery cases appeared on Amazon as a Prime Day Launch which makes it exclusive to Amazon Prime members before being available through other retail channels.

If you want to pick up the new Mophie Juice Pack Air you can currently find them on Amazon for $99. The iPhone XS size comes in black, red, graphite (grey), and rose gold. The iPhone XS Max version comes in black, red, graphite, and gold. Lastly, the iPhone XR variant comes in blue, black, or red.

Previously, Mophie debuted the Juice Pack Access at CES 2019 which powered the phone wirelessly and left access to the Lightning port unobstructed at the bottom and charged via USB-C as well as wirelessly. When AppleInsider reviewed the Juice Pack Access we were fans of the design but understood why some may want more protection for the bottom of the phone. It seems Mophie has heard those pleas.

Earlier this week Mophie launched the powerstation Hub, a portable charger that includes a battery pack and Qi charging as well as 18W USB-C output and collapsable AC prongs.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    payecopayeco Posts: 580member
    Too late. I’ve already moved on to Apple battery cases which are the same price but integrate with the phone/iOS better.

I wish they would say why they were so stubborn about this for years after other cases started using Lightning on their battery cases. 
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Millions of us participate in Apple's upgrade/financing program, so Mophie is, in effect, asking us to blow $100 now on a case that we can only use through September. Will it take another 9 months to debut the case for 2020 iPhones? Too little too late, I fear.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    NY1822NY1822 Posts: 621member
    Remember everyone freaked out about the design of Apple's Battery Case and now they all copy
  • Reply 4 of 6
    payeco said:
    Too late. I’ve already moved on to Apple battery cases which are the same price but integrate with the phone/iOS better.

I wish they would say why they were so stubborn about this for years after other cases started using Lightning on their battery cases. 
    Good to know, thx.

I always buy Apple accessories, whenever possible and shy away from third party ones.

I did have a Mophie battery case, for my 3GS, back in the day. Mainly b/c I was doing a lot of air travel. Having a full charge, when I landed, was always reassuring. 

Now, not so much. I've gone really "minimalist" and am only using my 2017 MacBook and my SE,( both rose gold). :)

Recycled my iMac, iPods, iPads, old iPhones, old Apple TV's, and MacBookPro.

May very well go all in with iOS and sell the MacBook and buy an iPad and an iPhone Xs.

Best.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    From a technical point this is absolutely stupid. 

Power comes in on the QI coil on the back, goes thrugh the battery to the inner Qi coil of the case, then to the Qi coil in the iPhone. Everywhere in this transmission there’s energy losses and heat generated, so it will not get you a very much longer battery time. 

Suppose Apple mad a battery that was 2 mm thicker instead, so the phone could actually be usefull, also when it is 2 years old  :-)
  • Reply 6 of 6
    marklarkmarklark Posts: 30member
    @SwedeID, the video does show a Mophie "Juice Pack Access" that use Qi to charge the iPhones, but that case doesn't have a chin (no Lightning connector). The picture of the "Juice Pack Air" does have a chin - and probably the Lightning connector.