Third iOS 13, iPadOS 13, tvOS 13, watchOS 6, macOS 10.15 developer betas issued

Posted:
in iOS edited July 2019
Apple is now on its third cycle of developer betas for its milestone operating system releases, with new builds of iOS 13, iPadOS 13, watchOS 6, tvOS 13, and macOS 10.15 Catalina now available for testing by program participants.

iOS 13's 'Dark Mode'
iOS 13's 'Dark Mode'

The latest builds can be downloaded by developers in the beta-testing scheme via the Apple Developer Center, or as an over-the-air update for hardware already using earlier beta builds. A public beta version of the releases is expected to start arriving soon, and will be available through the Apple Beta Software Program website.

The latest batch of builds arrives two weeks after the second round, and four weeks after the operating systems were originally unveiled at WWDC.

Apple is also operating a second set of betas for a more immediate release than the milestone iterations, covering iOS 12.4, tvOS 12.4, watchOS 5.3, and macOS 10.14.6.

Both AppleInsider and Apple itself strongly recommend users don't install the betas on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, as there is the remote possibility of data loss or other issues. Instead, testers should install betas onto secondary or non-essential devices, and to make sure there are sufficient backups of important data before updating.

Find any changes in the new betas? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    The public beta totally bricked my iPhone X and only after many attempts was unable to restore to factory settings and totally restore from iCloud to the previous iOS. What a mess! Very buggy beta too. Never seen apple like this before. 
  • Reply 2 of 9
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    This build is not available for iPhone 7 and 7+
  • Reply 3 of 9
    seankillseankill Posts: 566member
    The public beta totally bricked my iPhone X and only after many attempts was unable to restore to factory settings and totally restore from iCloud to the previous iOS. What a mess! Very buggy beta too. Never seen apple like this before. 
    No issue with my 7+. Hard to tell it’s a beta for the most part. iOS 7 beta was the trash one, up until beta 7ish (can’t remember). 

My issues are more HW related lately. Had a 18 month old Apple TV kick the can 9 months ago. My Apple Watch series 2 got water in it this past weekend while sitting in a pool. Less than 2 meters. 50 meters my ass haha
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,837administrator
    Nope. Every beta period that Apple has ever gone through has seen crashing devices and similar.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    squuiidsquuiid Posts: 58member
    macOS Catalina DP3 seems like it won’t install for anyone with a 2018 Mac. Avoid for now until Apple issue fix.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    imatimat Posts: 208member
    My iPhoneX runs it like a charm (for being a beta and still with plenty of bugs, big and small (some really big).
  • Reply 7 of 9
    peymongpeymong Posts: 3member
    macOS Catalina installation now seems to be working . 
    1- either they fixed it 
    2- or when I went through Advance in updates 
    and unchecked everything it completed download and now installing normally 
  • Reply 8 of 9
    carsch1991carsch1991 Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    When is the final release of ios 12.4 please?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Would be curious to know what, if any, changes to Screen Time and the like are in the iOS/iPadOS 13 betas, or changes to the Parental Controls in the Catalina betas.