Snag a free Nomad Lightning cable and help the planet

Posted:
in iPhone edited July 2019
Accessory maker Nomad has launched a new campaign to help the planet, all while rewarding users with free rugged Lightning cables.

Nomad Rugged cable
Nomad Rugged cable

Nomad has just kicked off a new Carbon Fund fundraising event where users who donate a minimum of $5 will receive a free Nomad Rugged Lightning cable, plus a small shipping cost.

Lightning cables from Nomad usually run around $30 so getting one for $5+shipping is a great deal. You can could donate the maximum of $20 and still walk away with a discount on the cable.

Each dollar that is donated will plant one tree and Nomad itself offsets carbon emissions in the production and distribution of their products. Your free Lightning cable will show up at your door completely carbon neutral.

Nomad is giving away free Lightning cables to help the planet
Nomad is giving away free Lightning cables to help the planet

The USB-A to Lightning cable that Nomad is giving away is their Rugged Lightning cable, with or without caps. The optional caps are water tight and great to throw in a gear bag to take a beating. They are flex tested to 10,000 bends, include a silicone cable tie, and have a flexible outer PE jacket for added durability.

Check out Nomad's website for your donation and free Lightning cable right now. While you are there, use the exclusive AppleInsider promo code APPLEINSIDER60 for 60 percent off the Lightning Battery Cable (review) or code APPLEINSIDER10 for 10 percent off all full price gear.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    It really goes to show how much on cables company's make. It's a huge profit margin.
    JWSC
  • Reply 2 of 6
    stolstol Posts: 12member
    "We do not ship by default to the following countries, due to excessive government regulations and high rates of fraud" :-/
    edited July 2019
  • Reply 3 of 6
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Does anyone have a direct link to the item? I can't seem to find it on their website and the embedded links in the article aren't working for me.

edit: Here it is. I'm assuming it's something with Safari in Catalina that I'll have to track down and diagnose for Apple.

edited July 2019
  • Reply 4 of 6
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    $14 shipping to the UK, yeah good luck with that.
    dysamoria
  • Reply 5 of 6
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Carbon offsets aren’t the solution. Buying carbon credits and paying someone else to certify that you’ve funded a replanting of some percentage of trees where they were already going to replant anyway for future logging is not fixing anything. It’s all BS marketing and missing the point.
    lolliver
  • Reply 6 of 6
    grifmxgrifmx Posts: 92member
    dysamoria said:
    Carbon offsets aren’t the solution. Buying carbon credits and paying someone else to certify that you’ve funded a replanting of some percentage of trees where they were already going to replant anyway for future logging is not fixing anything. It’s all BS marketing and missing the point.
    Thank you!