1GHz powerbook for $2399.00

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Just found out I can get a pretty good deal on a brand new 1GHz powerbook, unopened box (I haven't even purchased it yet). I'm thinking about selling it for $2399.00.

Would I be able to sell it at that price? If so, where is the best place to sell it?

Thanks to all who answer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Is that a 15 or 17 inch PB?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    I'd assume this is a 15", since if it's a 17" I don't think they'd be asking this question.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    is it legit? don't try and sell stolen macs...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    It's a 15 inch and it's legit. If I buy it, it'll cost me $1999.00. Don't know if I should buy it and do a quick sell to make a small profit or buy it and keep it as my next computer for a few years.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Wow, $2000 flat for the 15" 1 GHz? You should be easily able to buy it and make a profit off of it. Is it a friend you're getting it from or something?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    nanonano Posts: 179member
    Take the offer and sell it on ebay, or if u have a older mac keep it and sell your old one.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

Wow, $2000 flat for the 15" 1 GHz? You should be easily able to buy it and make a profit off of it. Is it a friend you're getting it from or something?

No. I haven't even bought it yet and it's from a computer store. Basically, I qualify for an additional discount that brings the price down to $1999.00 for me if I decide to buy one.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Buy it and keep it, that's what I say--unless making some cash lets you buy something else that would make you very happy.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    if you have a lot of e-bay sales, buy it and sell it on ebay. if you don't, keep it.

you'll have a hard time finding someone to buy a supposed *new, unopened* 15" PB if you have no feedback in the past.

too many people have gotten screwed with Mac laptops lately.