Leaked images of Samsung's Galaxy Note 10 teases embedded fingerprint tech

Posted:
in General Discussion
Poised to be announced Aug. 7, Samsung's next top-end phone -- the Galaxy Note 10 -- will apparently be available in both black and pearlescent colors and embed its fingerprint sensor, likely within the display.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10

The phone has no visible fingerprint technology, whether on the front or back, according to images shared by WinFuture. While the sensor could be embedded in the power button as with some other Android phones, the use of screen-based fingerprint tech is growing and would make sense in a flagship Samsung device.

Conceivably the product could ditch fingerprints for face or even retina recognition, but the phone's forward-facing camera doesn't have enough sensors to make that as secure as Apple's Face ID.

The pearlescent version of the phone is a mix of blue and purple, most similar to the Huawei P30 Pro.

The images are otherwise in line with expectations, including an edge-to-edge display and a triple-lens rear camera. The model seen above is reportedly the regular 6.3-inch Note 10, and not the rumored 6.75-inch Note 10 Pro.

Samsung is also expected to abandon a 3.5mm headphone jack and/or offer a 5G edition. The Note series has traditionally held on to headphone jacks, but that may be increasingly difficult given display, processor, and battery demands, as well as the need to fit a Note stylus.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    So brave! Expect this to not work immediately.
    ravnorodomStrangeDayschasmwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 25
    May I ask why this is here? I personally go to AppleInsider specifically not to have to flip through Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, or any other make I’m not interested in
    edited July 2019
  • Reply 3 of 25
    caladaniancaladanian Posts: 380member
    I like the notch better than a punch hole. And i wouldn’t want to miss Face-ID. :))
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 25
    Roger_FingasRoger_Fingas Posts: 148member, editor
    May I ask why this is here? I personally go to AppleInsider specifically not to have to flip through Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, or any other make I’m not interested in
    We ignore most Android devices of course, but we do cover the biggest iPhone competitors so people are aware.
    avon b7flyingdpchiaravnorodompscooter63chasmCarnagechemengin1watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 25
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    It is appealing, not looking for a new phone but I'm happy to see Samsung no longer needs to copy everything Apple does.
    chemengin1
  • Reply 6 of 25
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    I like the notch better than a punch hole. And i wouldn’t want to miss Face-ID. :))
    The funny thing is iKnockoff Knights claim Apple "copied" the punch hole to create FaceID. Yet they dismiss Samsungs punch hole and call the device "notch-less". Even Sammy called their knockoff "notch-less".

Goes to show that trolls don't use logic or reason, just movable goal posts.
    coolfactorpscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 25
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,621member
    It looks very sleek. The colour scheme, if not exactly as groundbreaking as last year's Androids, looks great nevertheless.

I'm leaning towards off centre punch holes but it is very small.

I think the design is very modern even if it doesn't set a new bar.

If this is one of the Notes, it hits the mark.
    chemengin1
  • Reply 8 of 25
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member
    avon b7 said:
    It looks very sleek. The colour scheme, if not exactly as groundbreaking as last year's Androids, looks great nevertheless.

Oh good. You'll become an Android user, and there'll be less need or interest on your part in being on an Apple forum....

At least, one can hope!
    pscooter63chiaAppleExposedStrangeDaysbestkeptsecretwatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 25
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,239member
    avon b7 said:

Oh good. You'll become an Android user, and there'll be less need or interest on your part in being on an Apple forum....

At least, one can hope!

That was an unfounded personal attack. Naughty.

I'm not a fan of Samsung anything. Feels dirty to me. But they are pushing boundaries faster than Apple is. For that, they have my respect.
    pscooter63Carnagechemengin1
  • Reply 10 of 25
    avon b7 said:

At least, one can hope!
    I am a dual user: Android/iOS.

Anything to note on the Note?
    [Deleted User]AppleExposedCarnagechemengin1
  • Reply 11 of 25
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    avon b7 said:

At least, one can hope!

That was an unfounded personal attack. Naughty.

I'm not a fan of Samsung anything. Feels dirty to me. But they are pushing boundaries faster than Apple is. For that, they have my respect.

Yes, I think Samsung was first to market with the peel-off screen.

chiaAppleExposedStrangeDaysfranklinjackconwatto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 25
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    It’s valid to cover what competitors are doing. Not valid are the rare occasions when those competitors are being promoted instead of dissected.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 25
    bigtdsbigtds Posts: 167member
    For the money, I would rather have a OnePlus 7 pro.
    Carnage
  • Reply 14 of 25
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,273member
    I’ve played with a phone that has in-screen touch unlocking.

It doesn’t work very well ... three-four tries is typical IME (frankly, doing the gesture or pin code is faster). Compared to TouchID it’s downright pathetic, and of course leaves your screen marked with a fingerprint. But the novelty of it is fun; give it another couple of iterations and it might work nearly as well as the original Touch ID
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 25
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Samsung finds out about Apples under-screen TouchID.

Samsung sees rumors of a possible under-screen TouchID being built for China.

Samsung craps out a half-assed imitation with a high failure rate.

iKnockoff users praise Sammy as "innovative".

Apple releases a polished under screen TouchID that they've been working on for years.

iKnockoff users claim Apple copied Samsung.

This shit is getting so old and predictable...... 
    [Deleted User]anantksundaramwatto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 25
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member
    avon b7 said:

At least, one can hope!
    He already is. Draw your own conclusions on his reason for being here...
  • Reply 17 of 25
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member

avon b7 said:

At least, one can hope!

Yes the boundaries of taste, reliability, and originality. Oh and of combustibility. 
  • Reply 18 of 25
    avon b7 said:

At least, one can hope!
    It could be that there are so many non-Apple articles here. Or perhaps for the same reason that you're reading a Samsung article.
    bigtds
  • Reply 19 of 25
    avon b7 said:

At least, one can hope!
    At least I actually use both systems daily. LOL.

What conclusions should I draw from you being in a thread that not only doesn't mention Apple in the title but, by your own reckoning, is a knock-off article?

Was it just to check what, as yet not implemented or ehem, 'perfected', Apple ideas Samsung is rumoured to be revealing next month?

Or did you have a genuine interest in at least learning about what might be coming Android's way very soon?

[Deleted User]bigtdschemengin1
  • Reply 20 of 25
    bigtdsbigtds Posts: 167member
    He already said he uses both Android and iOS. Just like a lot of people do. His opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.
    chemengin1