Online Apple Store went offline for an hour for unknown reasons

Posted:
in General Discussion edited July 2019
The online Apple Store briefly was inaccessible for customers, displaying the famous "Be right back" message for a period of time on Monday, a usual indicator of updates or changes to the store, but in this case may have been just downtime for maintenance.

Apple Store Be Right Back

Apple periodically takes down its online store for a few reasons, with it usually being either for maintenance or to roll out new or updated hardware to its website. Outside of rumors relating to unreleased hardware, there is no immediate sign as to what Apple will change until the store becomes accessible once more.

Within the hour of going down, the store came back to life, but with no apparent changes made to the store listings.

In the case of Monday's downtime, only the store pages were unavailable for viewing. Usually, this could mean price changes for the company's products, a new sale or promotion, or large-scale updates to other items sold by the iPhone maker online could have been made.

AppleInsider is continuing to investigate the circumstances of the downtime.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Something nefarious must be going on.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,564member
    Tariffs may cause an imminent price rise.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,273member
    Could be anything, but IIRC we're due for the debut of Apple Card soon ... so there's that possibility.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    chasm said:
    Could be anything, but IIRC we're due for the debut of Apple Card soon ... so there's that possibility.
    Hope so 😎
  • Reply 5 of 6
    6/6s/SE are gone. Related to India news from yesterday, I’d have to assume. 
    edited July 2019
  • Reply 6 of 6
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    6/6s/SE are gone. Related to India news from yesterday, I’d have to assume. 
    The down time was about this, not the Apple Card. How do I 'know' that? Because I really want the Apple Card!