'Carpool Karaoke' gets renewed for third season on Apple TV

Posted:
in General Discussion edited July 2019
Fans of the Apple TV series "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" can rejoice -- the show has officially been picked up for a third season and will feature stars Snoop Dogg, Kendall Jenner, and the cast of "Stranger Things."

Apple's "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" is getting picked up for a third season on the Apple TV App, as announced by "The Late Late Show with James Corden's" official YouTube channel.

The webseries first premiered on Apple Music in August of 2017, and was renewed for a second season in October of 2018. There is no official release date for the third season, though the trailer states that there will be new episodes available soon. The series is free and available to anyone who has the Apple TV app.

In each episode, celebrities sing along to well known songs, visiting places meaningful to the guest, and surprise fans. Past performers have included Weird Al Yankovic, John Cena, Trevor Noah, Neil Patrick Harris, and The Muppets.

The third season will feature stars such as Snoop Dogg, Kendall Jenner, Rashida Jones, and according to the trailer's YouTube description box, the cast of Stranger Things will also be on board.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    gutengelgutengel Posts: 363member
    I'm still unaware of where to watch the 1st and 2nd season of this show... I hope they do a better job advertising for AppleTV+ or its just gonna be a complete waste of money like this CarPool thing.
    yojimbo007AppleExposedbloggerblograzorpit
  • Reply 2 of 10
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Put the popcorn in the microwave. Waiting for the haters to bash a TV show that people love but isn't for them. So Apple is doomed. Fire Cook. Steve wouldn't have. etc.
    gutengellkrupplolliverpscooter63cornchip
  • Reply 3 of 10
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Put the popcorn in the microwave. Waiting for the haters to bash a TV show that people love but isn't for them. So Apple is doomed. Fire Cook. Steve wouldn't have. etc.
    Those who can...do. Those who can’t...teach. Those who can neither do nor teach...become critics. For some here the automatic knee-jerk response to everything Apple is to trash it, belittle it, dismiss it, label it DOA. No thought process required.
    AppleExposedlolliver
  • Reply 4 of 10
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    lkrupp said:
    Those who can...do. Those who can’t...teach. Those who can neither do nor teach...become critics. For some here the automatic knee-jerk response to everything Apple is to trash it, belittle it, dismiss it, label it DOA. No thought process required.
    Funny thing is after I posted that comment someones auto knee-jerk beat me.
    lollivermacgui
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    gutengel said:
    I'm still unaware of where to watch the 1st and 2nd season of this show... I hope they do a better job advertising for AppleTV+ or its just gonna be a complete waste of money like this CarPool thing.

A complete waste of money that's being renewed for a third season. Yup. Got it.

The reason you haven't seen it advertised is because the audience it is aimed at doesn't watch regular television anymore and doesn't consume the same media that you do.

fastasleepAppleExposedlolliver
  • Reply 6 of 10
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,753member
    Rayz2016 said:
    gutengel said:

A complete waste of money that's being renewed for a third season. Yup. Got it.

The reason you haven't seen it advertised is because the audience it is aimed at doesn't watch regular television anymore and doesn't consume the same media that you do.

It's not got an exactly stellar rating on IMDB: 5.6/10. I watched one and for the life of me couldn't see how it would appeal. Mind, Love Island somehow appeals to people so there's that...
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 7 of 10
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    I've seen some episodes and don't care for it at all. But that's very possibly because I've seen almost all of James Cordon's Carpool episodes and they're terrific. The newer version isn't.

So congratulations to the Apple version for a third season, but I couldn't make it past half of Season 1. So jerk that.

razorpit
  • Reply 8 of 10
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    gutengel said:
    I forgot this was even a thing. So a little advertising sure wouldn't hurt. It's not like they own the rotating placards on iTunes or anything.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Definitely prefer the Late Late Show version. It works really well as a section of a TV show but I don't think it quite cuts the mustard as a TV show.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    Definitely prefer the Late Late Show version. It works really well as a section of a TV show but I don't think it quite cuts the mustard as a TV show.
    Yep. I feel the same way about John Oliver and Stephen Colbert. Very enjoyable as a segment, but then can't carry a whole show. And aside from that I think Cordon does a far superior job.