Apple debuts 'Snoopy in Space' trailer in time for Apollo 11 anniversary

Posted:
in General Discussion
Alongside the Apollo 11 anniversary, Apple has launched the official trailer for "Snoopy in Space," a new Peanuts series coming to Apple TV this fall.

Snoopy in Space coming to AppleTV this fall

Just in time for the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing, the official Peanuts YouTube channel has released a trailer for "Snoopy in Space." The trailer reads "It's been 50 years since the first man walked on the moon, now it's a dog's turn." This is the second Peanuts themed content to be released as an Apple Original. The first, a "documentary of sorts" titled "Peanuts in Space: Secrets of Apollo 10" was released to the Apple TV app in May.

Everyone's favorite melodramatic beagle will make his exclusive appearance on Apple TV this fall. "Snoopy in Space" follows Snoopy, Woodstock, Charlie Brown, and the rest of the Peanuts gang in a brand new Peanuts production, directed by DHX Media.

According to Deadline the log line for the series reads: "'Snoopy in Space'" follows Snoopy as his dreams of being an astronaut become a reality when he and Woodstock tag along with the Peanuts gang on a field trip to NASA and are chosen for an elite mission into space. As Snoopy and Woodstock fulfill their dreams of astronaut training and space travel, Charlie Brown and the gang assist their friends from mission control.

Peanuts has a long history with space exploration. The Apollo 10 mission used a lunar module named "Snoopy," and the command module named "Charlie Brown," as an homage to the series' flagship characters. Last year, Peanuts Worldwide had partnered with NASA on a multi-year Space Act Agreement designed to inspire a passion for space exploration and STEM among students.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    This is great! I faintly remember seeing Peanuts at the March event.
    chasm
  • Reply 2 of 16
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,408member
    No shout out to Laika, the very good first space dog?

n2itivguyStrangeDays
  • Reply 3 of 16

I love Laika. What a sad ending though.

Peanuts did tip-toe by mentioning first dog on the moon not just space.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    macseekermacseeker Posts: 544member

They were too scared of bringing him back home.  They didn't trust their spacecraft.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    macseeker said:

They were too scared of bringing him back home.  They didn't trust their spacecraft.

I thought she died mid flight when the ship malfunctioned and exploded?

Either way it was a sad ego contest to claim "first!".
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 6 of 16
    sunman42sunman42 Posts: 262member
    According to Wikipedia:

"Laika died within hours from overheating, possibly caused by a failure of the central R-7 sustainer to separate from the payload. The true cause and time of her death were not made public until 2002; instead, it was widely reported that she died when her oxygen ran out on day six or, as the Soviet government initially claimed, she was euthanised prior to oxygen depletion."
    StrangeDaysAppleExposed
  • Reply 7 of 16
    wookie01wookie01 Posts: 54member
    I did grow up in Australia so I don’t have any history or good feelings for Snoopy and Charlie Brown. But I have to say you couldn’t pay me to watch this. 
    I suppose it’s just not for me. (Rick and Morty it ain’t)
  • Reply 8 of 16
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    wookie01 said:
    I did grow up in Australia so I don’t have any history or good feelings for Snoopy and Charlie Brown. But I have to say you couldn’t pay me to watch this. 
    Right back at ya, pal. W(ho)TF is Rick and Morty? You’d have to pay me to watch those clowns. 
    randominternetpersonAppleExposed
  • Reply 9 of 16
    wookie01 said:

Rick and Morty isn't Australian either, is it?
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 10 of 16
    wookie01wookie01 Posts: 54member
    No, but in these days of global distribution (Netflix et al) I have been able to view and fall in love with “Pickle Rick” etc. 
    I just hope Apple also invests in some edgier content. 

• Reply 11 of 16
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,844member

Poor guy. Yeah they should bring him back as a special character...give him the good dog ending he deserved. 
  • Reply 12 of 16

wookie01 said:
    Jesus. I like R&M as much as the next guy, but it’s insanity to compare the two. Peanuts is a sentimental, sweet series for children. Nearly every adult I know has fond memories. 
  • Reply 13 of 16

wookie01 said:
    I just hope Apple also invests in some edgier content. 
    Why? Why does Apple have to be all things and not what they feel like being? Lots of apps and content to choose from, right on their platform. That’s the idea. 
    randominternetpersonwookie01
  • Reply 14 of 16
    wookie01 said:
    Like comparing Mickey Mouse to Family Guy.

Yeah Family Guy has fart jokes but Mickey Mouse will always be more popular and loved worldwide. Sad that you never experienced the phenomenon of Peanuts and are too ignorant to care. Glad Apple got the rights to one of the biggest children's series in history. (Rick and Morty it ain't)

Poor guy. Yeah they should bring him back as a special character...give him the good dog ending he deserved. 

Would love to see a cartoon series or even a live action film on her*. Even if it was for children with a fu**ed up ending. At least it would have a historically accurate ending and educate kids on animal cruelty.

It wouldn't be the first cartoon with a sad ending.

[Spoilers]

• Reply 15 of 16
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,408member

Laika was female, but was most definitely a very good dog. Imagine being a stray in Moscow and ending up being first dog in space.
    AppleExposed
  • Reply 16 of 16

Laika was female, but was most definitely a very good dog. Imagine being a stray in Moscow and ending up being first dog in space.

Perfect cartoon series with a terrible ending for those who say Apples content isn't "edgy" enough.