Apple expects 'iPhone 11' sales to match 2018 iPhone XS sales figures

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    Bart YBart Y Posts: 67unconfirmed, member
    rain22 said:
    Prices need to come down. Software augmentation isn’t going to be enough of a draw to justify $2000 phones going forward. In general, people mostly want a good camera, long battery, and good price for quality. Now that Apple can’t throttle people’s phones to persuade upgrades - expect them to cut lifespan of OS upgrades as a mechanism - like they are doing with the 6’s. This is going to grow old fast on the consumer and make people think twice about the cost. People don’t buy new computers every 2 years - and Apple is charging computer prices for phones now.
    I don't think this affects more than 25% of iPhone owners. They want device longevity rather than spend the money to buy a new phone - they will put up with having an older iOS mainly because they can still run most of their apps on older versions of the app. If they have a killer app that must run on the latest, then they have motivation to upgrade their device. The iPhone 6 runs the iOS 12 and will likely be the last update for it so considering the iPhone 6 being introduced in Sept. 2014, that's 5 full years of iOS upgrades, certainly over twice as long as any competing Android device. Considering if the 6 is still working well enough to be used and useful, a 5+ year lifespan speaks volumes about Apple build quality, longevity, and software support. iOS 12 apps should be around for a good 3-4 years easy since so many iPhones run it.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 22
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    rain22 said:
    Prices need to come down. Software augmentation isn’t going to be enough of a draw to justify $2000 phones going forward. In general, people mostly want a good camera, long battery, and good price for quality. Now that Apple can’t throttle people’s phones to persuade upgrades - expect them to cut lifespan of OS upgrades as a mechanism - like they are doing with the 6’s. This is going to grow old fast on the consumer and make people think twice about the cost. People don’t buy new computers every 2 years - and Apple is charging computer prices for phones now.
    I’m want 5G in my next phone, but a Solid State battery with less weight would definitely get me to buy.   I would like less weight more talk/internet time.