Apple 'Privacy. That's iPhone' campaign billboards reach Germany

Posted:
in iPhone
Apple is continuing to expand its 'Privacy. That's iPhone' campaign into more territories, with more billboards in the series spotted in Hamburg and Berlin in Germany promoting the iPhone and iOS' data security credentials.

The 'Privacy. That's iPhone' ad in the Port of Hamburg (via Macerkopf)
The 'Privacy. That's iPhone' ad in the Port of Hamburg (via Macerkopf)

The poster campaign in Hamburg consists of two prominent placements for the black and white images. At the Port of Hamburg, Macerkopf reports Apple uses a long poster featuring a statement translated as "The Gateway to the world. Not your information.

A second ad elsewhere in Hamburg suggests the iPhone "Betrays so little about Hamburgers as a Hamburger," referencing the unofficial name given to the city's denizens. In Berlin, the poster reads "Welcome to the safe sector."

In all three cases, Apple includes the german version of the phrase "Privacy. That's iPhone," as well as an illustration of an iPhone XS.

The second Hamburg 'Privacy. That's iPhone' billboard. (via Macerkopf)
The second Hamburg 'Privacy. That's iPhone' billboard. (via Macerkopf)

The posters are a continuation of Apple's current ad campaign, which officially kicked off with a video in March. Billboards have been erected in Canada as part of the effort, offering similar privacy-focused messages, with the Berlin and Hamburg posters believed to be the first in Germany.

The style of the posters predates the March launch, closely resembling the one used in January during the Consumer Electronics Show, but with the added campaign tagline.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Good. This is a massive differentiator and Apple is doing the right thing by pushing this message in their marketing.
    SoliGG1racerhomie3AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 11
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Not to be outdone, Google is announcing their 'Piracy. That's Android' campaign.
    edited July 2019 GG1berndogcoolfactorracerhomie3AppleExposedericthehalfbeewatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 3 of 11
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,243member
    Let's hope some more people wake up. I work with a guy that insists on using Windows, Android and Google services for everything, as if they are gold and nothing else is good enough. Yet he has constant technical issues every single day! Why do these people put themselves through this pain?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 11
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Glad Apple is finally advertising their little-known strengths.

"Betrays so little about Hamburgers as a Hamburger,"

Is this confusing or does it not translate well into English. Can someone explain what this means?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 11
    It actually translates to “Reveals as little about Hamburgers as Hamburgers” and refers to the fact that people from Hamburg are known to be very reserved and not very talkative.
    sphericAppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 11
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    kidloco72 said:
    It actually translates to “Reveals as little about Hamburgers as Hamburgers” and refers to the fact that people from Hamburg are known to be very reserved and not very talkative.
    How do they feel about mustard and ketchup?
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 11
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,563member
    What the hell is "unofficial" about calling people from Hamburg "Hamburger" in German? 

That's…uh, what we're called. Literally. 

https://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/Hamburger_Einwohner_Hamburg
    bonobobCarnageGG1watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 11
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    kidloco72 said:

Thanks! Translated to English is a mess. Plus I'm American and think of food.
    edited July 2019
  • Reply 9 of 11
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,563member
    "Amerikaner": 

Berliner (called "Pfannkuchen" — pancake — in Berlin): 

Wiener (NOT "Weiner"!), called "Frankfurter" in Vienna:

Krakauer: 

This has been a food safety PSA for your information.
    SoliGG1WTimberman
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Wonderful American parochialism on display in this thread. "I'm an American, so naturally I don't know anything about anywhere else, but you should listen to me when I tell you calling a person from Hamburg a Hamburger is is weird. Because, guess what, I'm an American, and therefore my ignorance is more important than your knowledge." Why don't you run for President?
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 11
    I would really like to believe Apple works hard on improving it's customers privacy. But neither is there a complete device-level encryption of iCloud-data yet, plus we just could read in the Guardian that Apple lets external companies analyse some Siri-recordings for improving it's service. "What happens on your iPhone, stays on your iPhone" sounds kind of sarcastic then.