Apple releases fifth developer beta for macOS 10.15 Catalina

Posted:
in macOS
The fifth round of developer betas for Apple's milestone operating systems, with the last of the bunch -- macOS 10.15 Catalina -- now available to download by test participants.

The latest builds can be downloaded from the Apple Developer Center for participants in the Developer Beta program, as well as via an over-the-air update for hardware already used for beta software. Public beta versions of the developer builds are usually issued within a few days of their counterparts, and can be acquired from the Apple Beta Software Program site.

The macOS beta lags behind the rest of the pack for this fifth round, with iOS 13, iPadOS 13, and tvOS 13 builds issued on Monday, while the fourth watchOS 6 developer beta arrived on Tuesday, alongside the fourth public betas of iOS 13, iPadOS, and tvOS 13.

For the fourth round, macOS 10.15 Catalina was provided for testing one day ahead of the others.

Both AppleInsider and Apple itself strongly recommend users don't install the betas on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, as there is the remote possibility of data loss or other issues. Instead, testers should install betas onto secondary or non-essential devices, and to make sure there are sufficient backups of important data before updating.

Find any changes in the new betas? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,023member
    Chugging along! Can't wait till this is released!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    tieboytieboy Posts: 4member
    Agreed. I hope they address the issues with the App Store, including updates and the sign-in issues for those of us who have different iCloud and App Store/iTunes email addresses. 
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Have been running beta for all products since beta 1, with some hiccups in iOS and WatchOS, and a couple in Catalina. Was anxious to load Beta 5 of Catalina today, as I had not had any problems and was thinking of installing Beta 5 on my main machine. Oops. Install on my 2019 MacBook Pro has hung, and I while I know I can dig out a bootable thumb drive and reboot, hate that the bugaboo bit me today. Just when you think the beta is really almost there, GOTCHA!!!

• Reply 4 of 7
    wonkothesanewonkothesane Posts: 1,724member
    Looking forward to iCloud Drive getting fixed. 
    bkbarclay
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Dave CummingsDave Cummings Posts: 43unconfirmed, member
    Any word yet if Sidecar has been expanded to more Macs beyond the most newest ones? Been wanting to try this,  but I was wanting to make sure I can use it with my Late 2013 Macbook Pro
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I still have over 1Doz 32Bit Apps which need to be rendered obsolete or a time scale notification for any updates.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Any word yet if Sidecar has been expanded to more Macs beyond the most newest ones? Been wanting to try this,  but I was wanting to make sure I can use it with my Late 2013 Macbook Pro
    It has not.