New Apple videos cover how to apply for and use Apple Card

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    That's Cool Apple is clear about Credit Card with no fees and good security.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    Does anyone know how you pay the monthly bill. I use ACH transfers on my other cards. Will that be available for Apple Card?
  • Reply 23 of 30
    jdb8167jdb8167 Posts: 626member
    anome said:
    jdb8167 said:
    Got the invite. Signed up. Everything worked the first time. Used it to renew my Apple Developer account. 

Looks like I got in early for some reason. 
    The answer may be in the last sentence, there. I'd guess that early invites go to "influencers" and select developers.
    I’m neither of those things. I maintain the developer account for informational reasons but I don’t develop iOS or Mac software. And I guarantee no one inside Apple has the faintest idea of who I am. 
  • Reply 24 of 30
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    jdw said:
    Soli said:
    jdw said:
    But how do you link your existing bank account so that you can pay off your Apple Card balance?
    I've not seen a single article or forum comment that covers this most fundamental question.  Thanks.
    I bet it’s as straight forward as it is when setting up Apple Cash. I’d even bet that it will automatically pull that info from your Apple Cash card.
    I don't use Apple Cash, so please explain the process of linking a bank account to pay that.

Again, I've yet to see a single article or forum post on this topic and it really makes me wonder why!
    There are countless resources explaining it. All you have to do is search for it.

• Reply 25 of 30
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,334member
    Soli said:
    jdw said:
    Soli said:
    jdw said:
    But how do you link your existing bank account so that you can pay off your Apple Card balance?
    I've not seen a single article or forum comment that covers this most fundamental question.  Thanks.
    I bet it’s as straight forward as it is when setting up Apple Cash. I’d even bet that it will automatically pull that info from your Apple Cash card.
    I don't use Apple Cash, so please explain the process of linking a bank account to pay that.

Again, I've yet to see a single article or forum post on this topic and it really makes me wonder why!
    There are countless resources explaining it. All you have to do is search for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtGLTP6AOxE
    Thank you for the link, but of course there are 2 differences:

1. That video and the web page on Apple's website is for Apple Pay, not the Apple card.  However, for the sake of this discussion there is a high probability the steps would be similar for the Apple Card.  Even so, until I can actually apply for the Apple Card, this is not 100% known.

2. The video and the web page on Apple's website explains hows how to transfer funds TO your bank account.  But in the case of Apple Card, you would transfer FROM your bank account in order to pay off the Apple Card balance.  Furthermore, I am curious to know if there are options to Pay Manually or setup Auto Pay, which would pay off the card balance either once per month or after each transaction.  That would be a nice convenience, since only nuts carry balances on credit cards.

Thanks.
    edited August 2019
  • Reply 26 of 30
    jdw said:
    Soli said:
    jdw said:
    Soli said:
    jdw said:

1. That video and the web page on Apple's website is for Apple Pay, not the Apple card.  However, for the sake of this discussion there is a high probability the steps would be similar for the Apple Card.  Even so, until I can actually apply for the Apple Card, this is not 100% known.

2. The video and the web page on Apple's website explains hows how to transfer funds TO your bank account.  But in the case of Apple Card, you would transfer FROM your bank account in order to pay off the Apple Card balance.  Furthermore, I am curious to know if there are options to Pay Manually or setup Auto Pay, which would pay off the card balance either once per month or after each transaction.  That would be a nice convenience, since only nuts carry balances on credit cards.

Thanks.
    Sure, but I’m responding to your reply to my comment where I said I bet it’s similar to Apple Cash.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,334member
    Soli said:
    jdw said:
    Soli said:
    jdw said:
    Soli said:
    jdw said:

Thanks.
    Sure, but I’m responding to your reply to my comment where I said I bet it’s similar to Apple Cash.
    Agreed.  I just wish AppleInsider would hurry up sleuth out the insider details by speaking to one of the people who have gained early access to the Apple Card and present all the details for us.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    If Apple Pay invitations were based on the number of times you've used Apple Pay then I'm pretty sure I would've been part of the first wave.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    scottjdscottjd Posts: 64member
    Ok, so someone in the comments mentioned they use TransUnion. I applied and it was fast and easy. My issue was not the credit amount they gave, I’ll probably ask them to cut it back. But the interest rate came back at 17.99%, higher then any card I have. 
    If they use TransUnion then my current score with them is 820 as of July 17th with no new balances on other cards, no new cards, and nothing that would affect that score.
    I checked Equifax and it’s at 839. So why a 17.99% rate. I expected 12.99% like my other cards.
    I know it’s the first time  Goldman Sachs has issued credit card, but I think they have some adjustments to make on the approval process. Just my opinion.

You stated the following in the article, this may have changed in the last 2 days.
    One thing to note is that Apple tells you the Apple Card will "be automatically selected when you use Apple Pay." That might not be what you want, so you'll have to go through Wallet settings to change it.”

When I applied it asked me if I want this to be my default card. I had the option now to say no. Also it didn’t ask if I wanted this card on my watch and automatically added this to the watch. 
  • Reply 30 of 30
    scottjd said:
    Ok, so someone in the comments mentioned they use TransUnion. I applied and it was fast and easy. My issue was not the credit amount they gave, I’ll probably ask them to cut it back. But the interest rate came back at 17.99%, higher then any card I have. 
    If they use TransUnion then my current score with them is 820 as of July 17th with no new balances on other cards, no new cards, and nothing that would affect that score.
    I checked Equifax and it’s at 839. So why a 17.99% rate. I expected 12.99% like my other cards.
    I know it’s the first time  Goldman Sachs has issued credit card, but I think they have some adjustments to make on the approval process. Just my opinion.

You stated the following in the article, this may have changed in the last 2 days.
    One thing to note is that Apple tells you the Apple Card will "be automatically selected when you use Apple Pay." That might not be what you want, so you'll have to go through Wallet settings to change it.”

When I applied it asked me if I want this to be my default card. I had the option now to say no. Also it didn’t ask if I wanted this card on my watch and automatically added this to the watch. 
    There are metrics beyond your credit score that are considered, but note that you acknowledge that it checks Trans Union and then you checked Equifax to see your score. It doesn't work that way. At the very least you'd need to see what your FICO score is with TU.