powermac / imac buying advice - in coming months.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
okay with the new the powermac's just around the corner . i have the following questions.

1) will the current 1 ghz model and dual 1.25ghz models be reduced in price so apple can get rid of them to clear inventory? did they do this between the G3/ G4 powermac trnsition.

2) im still confused in which will be better value? depends on how much they come down in price.

3) Will apple lower price on there LCD'S. i know they just did! but im talking marginal reductions.

4) will resellers offer bundles EG: free 256 mb ram to get rid of the powermacs.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    1. Depending on when the next generation is coming it's possible. I think they offered rebates prior to the G4 Intro

2. Dual is always preferable to the Single Proc unit. OSX is built to take advantage of Duallies.

3. They Might. Rumors of 30inchers and 17" Widescreens are promising.

4. If not memory perhaps something else. It's hard to say.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    I don't know that Displays will get much of a drop... my guess is that they could use a drop in a couple months... I think the 17" will be pricey in another 2 months or so... hard to say on the 20"/23" since they're fairly priced for now.

As far as bundles, most resellers are already bundling 512 ram w/most Powermacs, and usually some cheap printer free after rebates. I don't know what else they'd do as a bundle to get them to move.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    robbyrobby Posts: 108member
    this is great, i wish apple hadnt crippled the low end powermac to single porcessor.

a dual 1ghz with firewire 800 yummmm
  • Reply 4 of 4
    robbyrobby Posts: 108member
    anyone else have anything to add to this