Full trailer for Apple TV + 'The Morning Show' now available

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited August 2019
A week after the teaser debuted for the Apple TV+ show 'The Morning Show,' Apple has released the full trailer for the drama starring Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, and Steve Carell

The new trailer features dialog from the show, and highlights Aniston, Witherspoon, and Carell in their roles.

The previous minute-long video was accompanied by a brief teasing text for the show, declaring "The news is only half the story." The tweet name-checks the three stars of the show, as well as advising it will be arriving on Apple TV+ this fall, "only on the Apple TV app."

Powerful, unforgettable performances in #TheMorningShow. Premiering this fall with the new Apple TV+ pic.twitter.com/Tfcx2Vo9mb

— Tim Cook (@tim_cook)

Picked up by Apple in late 2017, the show is based on CNN correspondent Brian Stelter's novel "Top of the Morning: Inside the Cutthroat World of Morning TV." Two seasons totalling 20 episodes were ordered, with Aniston and Witherspoon co-owning and executive producing the show.

The show is already on its second showrunner, after the first Jay Carson left due to reported "creative differences."
Flashnews

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Well, I liked the trailer, but can this type of thing stretch to 20 episodes? We shall see
    sidrictheviking
  • Reply 2 of 30
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    Is this show considered a comedy? A little hard to tell from the trailer.
  • Reply 3 of 30
    Are you kidding?  Nothing about the trailer suggests that it’s a comedy. 
    StrangeDaysfastasleepSpamSandwich
  • Reply 4 of 30
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Well I have to say, that was a lot different from what I was expecting, which was more of light-hearted comedy, much like “Morning Glory”.

It does seem to be much deeper and a lot more dramatic. Production level is way up there as well. Definitely interested.

Recently stopped my Netflix subscription and was thinking about signing up to HBO Now, but now I may just wait.
    15ngcs1StrangeDayslolliver
  • Reply 5 of 30
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member

It is listed as a “Comedy, Drama” on IMDB.
    15ngcs1lolliver
  • Reply 6 of 30
    Looks pretty good and I like all the actors involved.
    15ngcs1StrangeDayslolliver
  • Reply 7 of 30
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    Apple never said it was a drama hence my question. I guess we’ll know for sure based on the length of the show. If it’s an hour long then it’s not a comedy.
    edited August 2019
  • Reply 8 of 30
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    Apparently Tim likes it. 
  • Reply 9 of 30
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    Perhaps "Dramedy"
  • Reply 10 of 30
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    Will this have any redeeming social value?   Or is that not a requirement anymore?
  • Reply 11 of 30
    Will this have any redeeming social value?   Or is that not a requirement anymore?
    It's never been a requirement for entertainment to have redeeming or social value.  Most entertainment is there to entertain.  
    razorpitStrangeDaysfastasleepshark5150SpamSandwich
  • Reply 12 of 30
    In my career as TV director, I directed hundreds, if not thousands, of episodes of our local morning show. That ain't it.
    GeorgeBMacentropysSpamSandwich
  • Reply 13 of 30
    Looks pretty good to me, although we don't watch daytime TV including "morning shows" - our evening viewing habits are Wheel of Fortune followed by stuff we find on Prime and Netflix. Speaking of Prime, we are really liking some of the series that are Prime originals - Goliath, Forever, The Widow, Sneaky Pete, Bosch, Absentia and Jack Ryan are all worth your viewing time FWIW.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,876member
    Awesome cast of A-team actors. If the writing is good it looks like compelling drama and entertainment. 
    lolliver
  • Reply 15 of 30
    Wtf are you talking about? Television entertainment is designed for us to relax to at home. I don’t know what decade you’re from but I’m certain we could poke a million holes in your claim from whichever era of television you’re from. 
    fastasleeplolliver
  • Reply 16 of 30

In my career as TV director, I directed hundreds, if not thousands, of episodes of our local morning show. That ain't it.
    Cool story bro. Show ‘em how’s it done. We’re all waiting, rescue us. 
    fastasleeplolliverRayz2016
  • Reply 17 of 30
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Is anything on TV redemptive? I don’t think that’s been the point for decades. 
    edited August 2019 GeorgeBMaclolliver
  • Reply 18 of 30
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member

Cool story bro. Show ‘em how’s it done. We’re all waiting, rescue us. 
    I’m impressed with your ability to never pass up a chance to be a dick. The will and stamina that must require. 
    CloudTalkinctt_zheightzero
  • Reply 19 of 30
    Is that Tom Irwin (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0410464/) at 2:20?  If so, why is he not listed in the current credits for the show?
  • Reply 20 of 30
    duane1024 said:
    Is that Tom Irwin (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0410464/) at 2:20?  If so, why is he not listed in the current credits for the show?
    IMDb often doesn’t have full credits, especially before public release. They’re just going off of sources/announcements/rumors from places like Variety and Deadline. Sometimes they have completely wrong cast lists—they listed Daniel Day Lewis as playing British designer “Charles James” in Phantom Thread for the longest time.