Apple says clean Apple Card with a microfiber cloth, avoid contact with leather and denim

Comments

• Reply 21 of 74
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    "Apple Card, Don't leave home with it" ™
    bonobobretrogustospock1234muthuk_vanalingamanantksundaramapres587davgregmazda 3s
  • Reply 22 of 74
    An easy workaround is to call them once it discolors and tell them you lost it and they’ll send you a replacement on their dime.  
    muthuk_vanalingamanantksundaram
  • Reply 23 of 74
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member
    entropys said:
    leather? Denim? This extreme form over function can’t really be justified.

i remember when white iphones could not be released for six months until the colour fastness and tint was perfect. Not modern Apple.
    That wasn’t it at all. The production process was failing (discoloration) resulting in no yield. It had nothing to do with perfectionism. 

http://mobilized.allthingsd.com/20110427/apples-jobs-and-schiller-on-why-making-the-white-iphone-was-so-darn-tough/

Today they’d be blasted for being so late with the finished materials process. But great job with the “modern Apple sucks!” trope. 
    edited August 2019 fastasleepspock1234
  • Reply 24 of 74
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member
    Jesus I’ve never seen so many people worried about credit card wear before. All of my cards are worn, and guess what? Do not give a shit. This is absurd. This is not a fail. This is not a problem for anyone except those without problems. 
    sacto joespock1234charlesgresanantksundaramurahara
  • Reply 25 of 74
    seanjseanj Posts: 318member
    I’m amazed that this hi-tech card features a magnetic strip!! I doubt if I’ve used the magnetic strip on any of my cards for over 15 years, payments have all been ‘chip and pin’.
    charlesgres
  • Reply 26 of 74
    Many funny comments. I don’t plan to ever use the physical card as the cash back is cut in half. I will still use my legacy MasterCard for purchasing anywhere that doesn’t support Apple Pay since I get 2% cash back on all transactions with the legacy card. 
  • Reply 27 of 74
    Did they give any specifications for the altar you’re supposed to place it on?
    anantksundaramCarnagedavgreg
  • Reply 28 of 74
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    How about the Apple Card® Socks?
    Knowing how this is going, I wouldn't put it past them to offer cashmere card socks.

Story:
    Interestingly, certain fabrics like leather and denim could permanently discolor the card's matte white finish, which is achieved through a multi-layer coating process. That same coating might be damaged if it comes in contact with hard surfaces or materials. 

And apparently despite the (implied fancy) multi layer coatings it's at risk of discoloration from most wallets.

StrangeDays said:
    Jesus I’ve never seen so many people worried about credit card wear before. All of my cards are worn, and guess what? Do not give a shit. This is absurd. This is not a fail. This is not a problem for anyone except those without problems. 
    When they go to the effort of making a fancy metal card I think that changes the equation from any of the usual plastic cards.
    edited August 2019 muthuk_vanalingamgordyJWSCmazda 3s
  • Reply 29 of 74
    sully54sully54 Posts: 108member
    It wouldn’t be an Apple product if it didn’t come with a “you’re using it wrong” disclaimer. 
    spice-boysvanstromchemengin1spock1234muthuk_vanalingamanantksundaramCarnagebigtds
  • Reply 30 of 74
    Just bought a Apple Card bumper case. And got AppleCare+ for Apple Card.  Good to go...
    But did you get AppleCare+ for the bumper?
    spock1234muthuk_vanalingamdavgreg
  • Reply 31 of 74
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Just yesterday I wondered how to clean the card, after the woman at the Wendy's drive-thru handed it back with a big greasy thumbprint on it that would not wipe off.  Now I know.
    I recommend not using Foaming Solvent. Also, not eating fast food.
    Rayz2016spock1234
  • Reply 32 of 74
    taddtadd Posts: 136member
    .” With a digital-first format, heavy reliance on touchless transactions and deep integration with the Wallet app and Apple Pay, Apple Card is a unique credit card solution that “
    does not require a physical card at all.
  • Reply 33 of 74
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,033member
    Waiting for the questions

• "What color microfiber cloth should I use?"
    • "Do I need to use distilled water or is plain tap water okay? What about bottled water?"
    • "Do I wipe horizontally or vertically?"
    • "I got a small scratch on my Apple Card. Can I take it to an Apple Store and have it replaced? Will it be a new one or a refurbished card?"
    • "I'm allergic to titanium. Can I get a ceramic Apple Card instead?"
    • "What brand laundry detergent should I use to clean my microfiber cloths? Does it need to be unscented?"

The possibilities are mind boggling!

:p 
    edited August 2019 larryjwspock1234muthuk_vanalingamseanjanantksundaramuraharaCarnageKawhiUCONN
  • Reply 34 of 74
    I can see a lot of folks ordering a new card after awhile. It makes me wonder how much it cost to make the physical card, and if that cost will somehow come back to the user? Perhaps they add the cost in the interest?
  • Reply 35 of 74
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,408member
    JWSC said:
    So odd that Apple chose titanium when they had the experience of the original titanium PowerBook, which didn’t wear well with discoloration.
    They're using titanium in the Watch this year, so makes perfect sense timing-wise,.
  • Reply 36 of 74
    I use a ten cent silver binder clip for a few bucks in cash folded around my ID and a credit card or two, so I'm good.
    spock1234
  • Reply 37 of 74
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    Mine will look new for years to come. Cancelled it before I ever opened it, lol.
    Carnage
  • Reply 38 of 74
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,408member
    Appleish said:
    I use a ten cent silver binder clip for a few bucks in cash folded around my ID and a credit card or two, so I'm good.
    And if any cocaine rubs off of your bills, it'll blend right in with the matte white finish.
    spock1234JWSC
  • Reply 39 of 74
    Sorry Apple...
    A choice between scuffing up my Apple Card and wearing my leather pants....

My leather pants will always win.
    razorpitmuthuk_vanalingamseanjdavgreg
  • Reply 40 of 74
    I'm with StrangeDays on this one. FAR less concerned with form and MUCH more interested in function.

But I do love the humor....

Oh, and BTW, my Amex gold card is metal as well, and a LOT easier to read than the plastic ones that I have to flip into the light just right. But the Apple one goes a step farther by popping the info directly into my iPhone. Love that!
    edited August 2019