New Samsung Uber-PDA

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/29900.html

So far it's Europe only, but it's bound for the US eventually too. Sweet looking.

It runs Windows CE .NET but at least there is plenty of software available.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member

such a small keyboard.. haha

even my newton has a bigger one!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    All I can say is that sucks.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    It is easy to criticize, but that is getting to be the form-factor I've been looking for....the size of a paperback novel and small, but useful keyboard and navigation wheel.

I wonder if the keyboard will scratch the screen.

Apple could make it better, but that (with handwriting recgonition, etc.) for $500 is a good business pda / mini tablet solution.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yes this is the current problem with PDA's: they are oriented wrong.

A sideways PDA with a keyboard, like Symbian PDAs, is the best in my opinion.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Off to Digital Hub...
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Nah. Just get a PowerBook 100 if you need something portable without full features minus the shyty OS
  • Reply 7 of 9
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    The keys just seem awful, too bad 'cause that's getting close to the ideal form factor with that size, even a touch bigger. However, even at the current size they could do a lot bettter with the keys by using a psion style layout and paring it down to only the most essential keys, letters and numbers only, no function/ctrl/alt keys, just shift and return and cursors. With good (as in days long) battery life and a good quality voice recorder that'd be the ideal note taking device.
  • Reply 8 of 9
  • Reply 9 of 9
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Hells yea. I'm waiting for a PDA that's $99 but still does all the cool multimedia stuff. Or the Apple PDA of course. Why don't they make one! It would make everything else out there look pathetic.