Apple to donate to Amazon rainforest preservation and restoration efforts

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,881member
    The utter rubbish that gets passed around as truth these days. The Amazon belongs to Brazilians and South Americans and they can do with it whatever they want. Would people in the US sit still if China took us to task over internal US matters? Of course not.
    And yet, the world depends on atmosphere scrubbers. It is entirely possible that the "property" of one nation can fuck up the rest of the closed system. Familiarize yourself with the tragedy of the commons:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons

...people will of course do things in their short-term interest that are against their, and everyone's, long-term interest. 
    urahara
  • Reply 22 of 26
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,881member

sdw2001 said:
    1983 said:
    The world needs to stop its love affair with bloody beef!

What's the word I'm looking for? Oh, yeah.  It's "no."   
    Then expect more problems. As the world population continues to grow to insane numbers, you will be forced to realize the energy needed for beef is not sustainable and there will be enormous energy waste and side effects of continuing to pretend like it is. 
    urahara
  • Reply 23 of 26
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

sdw2001 said:
    1983 said:

Carnage
  • Reply 24 of 26
    uraharaurahara Posts: 733member
    sdw2001 said:
    1983 said:

I am afraid that with such attitude, and if the situation continue to worsen even faster, already your grandchildren will have difficult time breathing...
  • Reply 25 of 26
    A big contribution of one million dollars by them motivated many other big companies and NGOs to donate to the victims Kerala floods back in 2018.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    "What a greedy company!!!!!!11"

1983 said:
    No, I don't.

Mmmm mah Beefs!

Too bad for your narrative, that's not how commercial beef is slaughtered in the U.S.