Tim Cook acquires $115M in vested Apple stock

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple CEO Tim Cook last week saw 560,000 restricted stock units vest on schedule, half of which were comprised of performance-based incentives earned for successfully leading the company to significant profit over the past three years.

Cook in Glasgow
Apple CEO Tim Cook visits Glasgow Apple Store in 2017.

Cook's latest stock award of 560,000 RSUs was granted on Saturday, with the executive satisfying both time- and performance-related goals laid out by Apple's board of directors, according to a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing. The granted stock was worth just over $114 million at the end of trading on Tuesday.

As usual, 294,840 shares were withheld by Apple to comply with statutory tax regulations on vested RSUs. The remaining 265,160 stock units were sold in three batches on Monday through multiple trades averaging between $205.75 and $207.13, pursuant to Cook's trading plan.

Cook reaped a fully vested award for 2019, meaning he gained 280,000 time-based RSUs and 280,000 performance-based RSUs. Performance RSUs vest relative to Apple's stock performance over a three-year period from Aug. 25, 2016 through Aug. 24, 2019. Since the company's total shareholder return ranked in the top third of firms listed in the S&P 500, the entire 280,000-unit award was granted.

Adjusted for dividends, Apple's starting value was calculated at $108.01, while it ended the evaluation period at $216.24.

Cook has 1,820,000 RSUs remaining in his current award, with 1,120,000 RSUs scheduled to vest in two equal installments on Aug. 24, 2020 and Aug. 24, 2021, contingent on continued employment and AAPL stock performance. A 700,000-unit batch is slated to vest on Aug. 24, 2021.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    Go Tim Go !!!
  • Reply 2 of 23
    Tim your my hero 
  • Reply 3 of 23
    Go Tim Go !!!

He will. No more than 3 years from now and he'll be gone. Can't fool all the people all of the time.

• Reply 4 of 23
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Fredward said:
    Tim your my hero 
    Jonno said:
    Go Tim Go !!!

He will. No more than 3 years from now and he'll be gone. Can't fool all the people all of the time.

I love you one timers! 
    Solilollivermac_doglkruppcornchip
  • Reply 5 of 23
    It’s like Apple’s compensation board wants Apple to go Private...

My prediction is: Apple is no longer a Public company within 20 years

• Reply 6 of 23
    EasyontheeyesEasyontheeyes Posts: 4unconfirmed, member
    Ridiculous I think we need to make this world more about people than wealth. You can to war then come home and get shit on. This guy wouldn’t even give a dollar to a veteran. So sad and I have one also..... Making all that money for hand held computer with a phone interface. We need to feed people and stop boasting about other people’s wealth ...... just not right 
    elfig2012spice-boy
  • Reply 7 of 23
    lukeilukei Posts: 379member
    Ridiculous I think we need to make this world more about people than wealth. You can to war then come home and get shit on. This guy wouldn’t even give a dollar to a veteran. So sad and I have one also..... Making all that money for hand held computer with a phone interface. We need to feed people and stop boasting about other people’s wealth ...... just not right 
    He gave $5M to charity this week. 
    Soliroundaboutnowcornchip
  • Reply 8 of 23
    JonnoJonno Posts: 3member
    lukei said:
    Right. No doubt right after asking his accountant how much of that the tax department will pay by way of tax deductions. Timmie's a poser in my opinion. He'll milk the cash cow until he gets found out.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    Jonno said:
    lukei said:
    Right. No doubt right after asking his accountant how much of that the tax department will pay by way of tax deductions. Timmie's a poser in my opinion. He'll milk the cash cow until he gets found out.
    It okay.  There’s time to both feed people and boast about other people’s wealth.  And why would you care that he might get a tax deduction?  How does that affect the charitable recipient getting a full $5 million?  
    edited August 2019 anantksundaram
  • Reply 10 of 23
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Jonno said:
    lukei said:
    It okay.  There’s time to both feed people and boast about other people’s wealth.  And why would you care that he might get a tax deduction?  How does that affect the charitable recipient getting a full $5 million?  
    He cares because he needs something, anything,  as a foundation for his first-post whine. 
    edited August 2019 anantksundaramcornchipmacxpresschasm
  • Reply 11 of 23
    lukei said:
    Ridiculous! 
    Is like have 1000$ in your pocket and the. “Give for charity” 1$!!!
    The concept of “charity” off all these super rich guys is so out of proportion and so shameless absorbed by the public!
    This world is so superficial and we are all blinded by these so called “hero’s”.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    JonnoJonno Posts: 3member
    macxpress said:
    Fredward said:
    Tim your my hero 
    Jonno said:
    Go Tim Go !!!

I love you one timers! 

I should probably give a toss about that. The quality of opinion is not dependent upon the frequency of expressing it. any more than the quality of Apple Car Caraoke can be measured by how may dullards say its wunnerful.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    elfig2012 said:
    lukei said:
    Ridiculous! 
    The concept of “charity” off all these super rich guys is so out of proportion and so shameless absorbed by the public!
    This world is so superficial and we are all blinded by these so called “hero’s”.
    It’s his $1000, not yours. He can burn it if he chooses to do so.

You sound like someone who feels entitled to other people’s money. A lot of them around, these days...
    edited August 2019 razorpitcornchipmacxpressmuthuk_vanalingampourhomme
  • Reply 14 of 23
    Jonno said:
    macxpress said:
    Fredward said:
    Tim your my hero 
    Jonno said:
    Go Tim Go !!!

I love you one timers! 

I should probably give a toss about that. The quality of opinion is not dependent upon the frequency of expressing it. any more than the quality of Apple Car Caraoke can be measured by how may dullards say its wunnerful.
    The quality wasn’t so hot either. Sorry. 
    razorpit
  • Reply 15 of 23
    With performance and profit bonuses, it's obvious Tim has consumer's best interests in mind... /s

We can only expect higher priced phones so he gets his next vesting of MILLIONS in stock.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    lukei said:
    He actually gave $5M in stock.  Not like he wrote a check from his personal account.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    elfig2012 said:
    lukei said:
    Ridiculous! 
    It’s his $1000, not yours. He can burn it if he chooses to do so.

You sound like someone who feels entitled to other people’s money. A lot of them around, these days...

• Reply 18 of 23
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    Jonno said:
    macxpress said:
    Fredward said:
    Tim your my hero 
    Jonno said:
    Go Tim Go !!!

I love you one timers! 

Correct and both comments are silly BS. These folks with one comment zingers like these aren't usually folks that read here often and don't post. They are usually trolls who join to write nonsense. So you can come down off of your high horse now... thanks.
    cornchip
  • Reply 19 of 23
    bbhbbh Posts: 134member
    Even if it represents .01% of his wealth, how many of you guys donated .01% of yours? Hypocrite, much ?
    cornchipmuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 20 of 23
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,949member
    ITGUYINSD said:
    lukei said:
    He actually gave $5M in stock.  Not like he wrote a check from his personal account.
    which is actually even better since it will be worth more over time & pays divs. indefinitely.