Apple's 'By Innovation Only' new iPhone event is on Sept. 10

Comments

• Reply 21 of 112
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    Instantly associated with some internal organs, something like the image below. So expecting some kind of health feature, a glucose monitor? Also the blue has kinda half filled liquid in it, level of glucose?

Hadn’t thought of it that way, but yeah, that might make sense.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 112
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
     As someone who upgrades their iPhone every year, I really hope the new top of the line iPhone has more “Innovation” then a camera upgrade.  I would be more excited with a battery upgrade. Otherwise I’ll be more excited about the Apple Watch .
  • Reply 23 of 112
    dougddougd Posts: 292member
    McJobs said:
    Another Apple event that will be ruined by Tim Cook's fake excitement.
    How could he not be excited after his 115 million score?
  • Reply 24 of 112
    I'm really hoping that means some new innovative watchbands!
    anantksundaram
  • Reply 25 of 112
    I don't know what to make of that image.  It looks cool and harks back to the rainbow apple logo, but (as shown in the side-by-side images in the article) it's radically different in terms of the number and order of the colors.  I'm pretty sure they weren't hoping we'd immediately think "colon" and organs filled with glucose.  It reminded me of spinal disks; I'm equally sure that that wasn't intended.
    lolliverrazorpitwatto_cobraargonaut
  • Reply 26 of 112
    AI_liasAI_lias Posts: 434member
    I don't know what to make of that image.  It looks cool and harks back to the rainbow apple logo, but (as shown in the side-by-side images in the article) it's radically different in terms of the number and order of the colors.  I'm pretty sure they weren't hoping we'd immediately think "colon" and organs filled with glucose.  It reminded me of spinal disks; I'm equally sure that that wasn't intended.
    They are the new colors of the updated iPhone XR. 
    razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 112
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    I think the 3rd sense will take x-rays, check out the invite Apple.
  • Reply 29 of 112
    kestralkestral Posts: 308member
    I'm really hoping that means some new innovative watchbands!
    Also more emojis
    gadgetfreak-appleentropysbeowulfschmidt
  • Reply 30 of 112
    avon b7 said:
    That's a daring title on the invite.

Perhaps the fruity logo will make a return!

Seriously, putting 'innovation' in there perhaps means there really is some meat in there with the potatoes after all.
    I totally misread that as ‘By invitation only’. 
    mike1lollivertaddwatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 112
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,037member
    I upgrade phones every other year and am pretty much happy with my overpriced iPhone XS. Payment 12 just went out, so it is halfway mine.

My only complaint about my existing phone is the poor rejection of random contact. It launches stuff very easily. Previous iPhones were never that bad for that kind of thing.

If the watch has a compelling upgrade I might be interested.
    netmage
  • Reply 32 of 112
    avon b7 said:
    Instantly associated with some internal organs, something like the image below. So expecting some kind of health feature, a glucose monitor? Also the blue has kinda half filled liquid in it, level of glucose?

An accurate, non-invasive constant monitoring glucose reader would be a game changer for many people.
    An accurate glucose meter would be a guaranteed buy on my part (barring a multi thousand dollar price tag) but I don’t think so. I’ve taken part of too many studies and know that the time between developing, testing, and getting approval is measured in years. And for a random study you need a decent amount of people and trying to keep a lot of people quiet about something like this would probably be impossible. 
  • Reply 33 of 112
    shogunshogun Posts: 362member
    Somewhere there was a rumor that the iPhones would have a shimmery color-shifting Apple logo, and that at least one of the body colors would also color shift. The investor in me hoped the logo would signify the use of Liquidmetal (finally!), as embedding holograms into the metal was one of the cool things about lqmt and its injection molding process. All of which brings me back to the invitation image of the Apple. Those shades could certainly suggest a color-shifting hologrammatic logo among other things like AR and the Spektral leak that recently emerged.
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 112
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Can I be innovative and think outside the box without getting sh** on? Ok thanks.

I'd love to see some surprises:

1. An Apple TV with A13x , screw it it's almost September, an A14 chip capable of PS4 Pro graphics.
    Updated Siri remote with M processor for fitness gaming.
    FaceID type camera system for AR etc.

2, An all new AirPower renamed AirPad which runs cooler.
    Has an internal battery and a detachable cord so you can charge truly wirelessly and take it anywhere.
    Toss in an A8 chip that Apple seems to have many of still. Use the processor for reasons we can't imagine yet.

3. A soundbar with wide array sound like HomePod.
    Sexiest looking soundbar ever.
    The most advanced room  analyzer in the market(like HomePod).
    Capable of 3.1 sound (Left, Right, Center, Sub optional). This way Homepods can pair as rear speakers.
    How does SoundPod sound?

4. Airpods 2. (Not Airpods 1.2 that we got earlier.)
    Health features.
    Longer battery life.
    Wireless charging built into Airpods also.
    Find my airpods with pinging.
    Space Gray.

5. Homepod 2
    and Homepod Nano, the portable version.

6. Apples new tracking device/chip which will be embedded in ALL new devices which can calculate the position of an item within inches. No more lost Airpods. All devices can lock, ping and send messages including AirPods!
    Imagine someone stealing your AirPods only to hear the hottest single of the week say "These airpods have been locked by the owner".
    New tracking chip can be purchased separately for tracking personal belongings. Nevermind, this technology can get smaller and scarier really fast.

All I can think of for now.
    watto_cobraJinTechargonaut
  • Reply 35 of 112
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    Here’s to hoping the “innovation” part of the invitation surprises us. Although, as has been pointed out by others, if the overall look of the phone doesn’t change drastically there will be howls of outrage and disappointment and lack of innovation. Brace yourselves...
    Yup. It's the same story with these bozos every year -- if the look of the shell doesn't change, they cannot comprehend technical innovation under the hood. How they reconcile that with the fact that software itself has no physical shell and is always changing and innovating, is a great mystery. 
    lkruppAppleExposedlolliverfastasleeproundaboutnownetmagewatto_cobracornchip
  • Reply 36 of 112

spice-boy said:
    Innovation as in the exact same body and design but tons of more gestures (re)learn. When a company is no longer willing or able to take risk it soon become irrelevant. 
    Ah look we found one in the first five comments! If the shell doesn't change, that means nothing else has! >groan<

The logical conclusion of the argument these people make is that the shell design must change to represent innovation and risk, which leads us to the....Triangle Phone argument. Yeah no, change-for-change's sake ain't Apple's game, because that doesn't deliver real value. 
    edited August 2019 lkruppAppleExposedlolliverfastasleeproundaboutnownetmagewatto_cobracornchip
  • Reply 37 of 112
    I also can’t see me buying a new phone this year. I bought the XS Max last year when the screen on my iPhone 6 died late August. I had been saving money every month after paying off the 6 and had most of the price of the Max already. I haven’t started doing that yet for whatever phone I buy next. And at over $1000 I can’t see me doing it for a couple of years at the earliest. 
    edited August 2019
  • Reply 38 of 112

doctwelve said:
    By Innovation Only? What a cheesy title.
    Would love to be knocked off my ass on Sep 20 instead of bored off. Would love that tingle you used to get with Steve's "one more thing" that was truly unexpected. I guess those days are gone. 
    Such is the nature of the difference between a young and undeveloped product category (despite many years advantage to MS and RIM), and a mature and thoroughly-cloned market place. Smartphones are tools, not sources of entertainment. Can you imagine if contractors and builders complained about how "boring" all the newer power tools were? "They're the same shape as last year's model!" It's absurd. Yet, the bored techie forum goers expect this.
    AppleExposedlolliverRonnnieOroundaboutnownetmagewatto_cobracornchip
  • Reply 39 of 112
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    avon b7 said:
    That's a daring title on the invite.

Perhaps the fruity logo will make a return!

Seriously, putting 'innovation' in there perhaps means there really is some meat in there with the potatoes after all.

Riiight, The most influential tech company in history which invented the iPhone and iPad which 100% of knockoffs now copy have quite the full plate.... No way can they innovate further.

This article should be amended to include the likelihood that a new set of WATCH Series 5 models will also be introduced at this event. New faster processor, longer lasting battery, New titanium and ceramic enclosures.
    We have discussed this in another piece, and this is discussed in the video embedded in this one. For what it's worth, we had an inkling of a Series 4 last year, with the new sizes, and a Series 3 the year before that. The only thing we've got this year is new materials. https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/08/23/what-to-expect-at-apples-september-event---and-what-not-to

Looks like the Watch team does a better job at keeping leaks sealed so anything is possible.
    Wouldn't mind a surprise Watch 5.

crowley said:
    That title is going to invite ridicule if they don’t have some big hitters to back it up. Here’s hoping!

Apple can invent the iPhone and still get ridiculed.

Apple can invent world peace and have massive loads of hate articles the next day.

Like every year(iPod, iPhone, Siri, ECG etc.), they'll get ridiculed no matter what.
    StrangeDayslollivernetmagewatto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 112
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Here’s to hoping the “innovation” part of the invitation surprises us. Although, as has been pointed out by others, if the overall look of the phone doesn’t change drastically there will be howls of outrage and disappointment and lack of innovation. Brace yourselves...
    Yup. It's the same story with these bozos every year -- if the look of the shell doesn't change, they cannot comprehend technical innovation under the hood. How they reconcile that with the fact that software itself has no physical shell and is always changing and innovating, is a great mystery. 
    Bozos is right. Just look at this thread. The resident bozos have pre-condemned, pre-failed, pre-disappointed, and ridiculed the title of the invitation. And then comes the smarmy hatred of Tim Cook. These bozos are beyond the pale negative assholes who attack and demean anything, and probably not just Apple either.
    AppleExposedmacguijedwards87lollivershark5150roundaboutnownetmagewatto_cobra