Second developer betas of iOS 13.1, iPadOS 13.1 now available with ninth tvOS 13 beta [u]

Posted:
in iOS edited September 2019
Apple is continuing to test out the first major update to the upcoming operating system releases before the milestone versions have shipped, with second beta builds of iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1 available for testing by developers along with a ninth tvOS 13 build.

The newest builds can be downloaded via the Apple Developer Center for those enrolled into the test program, or via an over-the-air update on devices running the beta software. Public betas typically arrive within a few days of the developer versions, via the Apple Beta Software Program website.

The first builds of iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1 arrived on August 27, and marked the first time Apple provided a point update beta test version ahead of a full version release.

The second build of iOS 13.1 is build number 17A5831c, taking over from the first build, number 17A5821e. The builds of iPadOS 13.1 share the same numbers as iOS 13.1. The ninth tvOS 13 beta is build number 17J5573a, replacing the eighth version, build number 17J5564c.

In the first build, Apple restored a number of features it had previously removed from the version 13 betas, including a Shortcuts Automation tab, Conversational Shortcuts, and the ability to share an ETA while in Maps. The beta also added new HomeKit device icons, accessory animations within HomeKit, updates to the dynamic wallpapers, device icons in AirDrop, and a Family Sharing option within Personal Hotspot, among other changes.

Both AppleInsider and Apple itself strongly recommend users don't install the betas on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, as there is the remote possibility of data loss or other issues. Instead, testers should install betas onto secondary or non-essential devices, and to make sure there are sufficient backups of important data before updating.

Find any changes in the new betas? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Update: Apple has seeded public beta versions of iOS 13.1, iPadOS and tvOS 13.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Any one installed it yet, let me know what’s new and different and exciting please! 
  • Reply 2 of 6
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 2,007member

This is probably the wrong place to put this, but what the heck. 

Back here in the current public version of iOS, etc., “BBC World Service” radio has vanished from Apple Music Radio. Poof. Gone. It’s still available via other streaming means, but no longer can you ask Siri to play it for you.

With iOS 13, the world of online radio listening is supposed to be vastly expanded. Has anyone using these betas noticed whether or not BBC World Service radio is available once again in those expanded offerings?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member
    And again... Public betas are available
    chaickagilly33
  • Reply 4 of 6
    N/T
    edited September 2019
  • Reply 5 of 6
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Well, in the very short time I’ve got it, it seems ok. I just now have to try it with the 400 apps I have on my iPad.

i still don’t see the controller settings panel under the Bluetooth settings that some reviewers are showing. Is there something I have to do to get it to show up? I can’t find anything to do that with.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Running 13.1 public beta 2 of iPadOS. Lots of refinements and tweaks all round like Andrew said. I love that you can finally ‘select all’ to trash in mail. Waited a long time for that. Hangouts was crashing in the first beta it’s working again. It’s pretty smooth, no stuttering and apps are opening really fast. iPadOS makes the iPad look like a brand new device all over again. Didn’t want to risk downloading the betas on my iPhone, can’t wait till 13 is officially released.
    edited September 2019